Wintergrasp

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 118 Next
Well a substitute for queuing is to manually fly there and participate.
To take this into a slightly more positive view... in a few weeks, we'll have Tol Barad.

I've spent a few sessions poking around in there and it's pretty neat. I've like WG, but I think TB is going to draw more people. The quest hubs are good. The rewards remind me of the Tourney more than WG.

Overall, I've enjoyed the battles and the stuff to do.
yet again that's a failure on the side of your faction. you can't sit there and tell me that it was because your server was imbalanced, your server has enough of level players to be in that zone during that match. that's all on you and your faction. want to win and do voa, gather up your people and go get it. it's a world pvp zone, a world zone should have zero restrictions to the amount of people being able to be there. halaa wasn't restricted and for anyone doing a FTH or a FTA raid you weren't ported out of the city because there wasn't enough of the opposing faction in that city?

make it into an instance and enforce "fair and balanced" play. otherwise leave well enough alone and let the other side figure out how to win in a world pvp zone

Halaa and the other PvP zones had nothing to offer people other than a couple vanity items once they were at max level. WG offers tons of honor and a PvP vendor and raid that cannot be accessed if your side doesn't have the zone. Unfortunately, once the balanced tipped, the people that were PvP based transfered to the winning side. There is no way to force people to PvP, and those that want to or going to go where the reward is, not hang around to be facerolled for no reward. Say what you want, but this is the only way to get people back into PvP on those servers that have gone badly out of balance. Blizzard created the balance with a combination of good rewards for the winners and the ability to faction transfer to the winning side.

Yeah, it's great for you to be able to faceroll the battle and reap easy rewards, but it's not something thats in the best interest of the game or the company. Badly lopsided server populations result in people giving up on the PvP zones, and some people don't transfer factions, they just stop playing all together and find a game where the devs make some effort to have balance.

Do you really like PvPing when it's not a challenge at all? or when you have absolutely no chance of winning? Because that's what it's like on a lot of servers. It has to be addressed or the lopsidedness is just going to get worse. PvPers will transfer factions or servers to be on the winning side, and the PvP zones will just be, like they already have been on many servers, easy faceroll with big rewards, or no chance of winning with almost no rewards. That's not PvP. This "you guys should do this" or "they oughta do that" is meaningless, because the last few months has shown that that isn't going to happen, and that the imbalance will continue and worsen if it's not addressed.
I dont know I cant really wrap my head around losing the battle when you can instant one shot people. The GCD isnt that long. I mean roll through them with arcane explosions and actually kill people doing so... i dont know i dont play enough wg because i just instantly die always.

Let me explain this for you then.

If you have tenacity high enough to do this, you don't have enough people to keep your vehicles from getting destroyed. If you don't have vehicles, you don't break walls. Chances are, with that level of tenacity, you are also having all your siege shops being capped all the time. This is not an easy situation to overcome, even if bladestorm does lay waste to people.

I dont know I cant really wrap my head around losing the battle when you can instant one shot people. The GCD isnt that long. I mean roll through them with arcane explosions and actually kill people doing so... i dont know i dont play enough wg because i just instantly die always.

One person stuns you, or silences you. Tada, all of that damage is worthless.
here-in probably lays some fault with those who say they are outnumbered with their current thinking strategy. you should only be having tanks drive the siege's demo's. as these scale with the drivers gear. you have your casters ride along for protection as you can't cc a demo/siege. it's amazing what happens then your mages, shammies, and locks can cast from these vehicles and one hit anything/everything around it.

so many of you all cry and don't actually think these things out. guarantee you that those crying don't have these vehicles at full capacity. a siege with 5 players in it, a demo with 3. instead they probably have 1 person per demo and 2 per siege if they have a gunner.

5 players with a 20 stack in a 20 stacked siege should be able to solo kill a wall if their ride alongs are working as they should.
5 players with a 20 stack in a 20 stacked siege should be able to solo kill a wall if their ride alongs are working as they should.

This is a nice fantasy, but doesn't play out in real matches with high tenacity.
So can we get free faction changes to the under represented faction so we can play this new format of WG and TB?

Let me explain this for you then.

If you have tenacity high enough to do this, you don't have enough people to keep your vehicles from getting destroyed. If you don't have vehicles, you don't break walls. Chances are, with that level of tenacity, you are also having all your siege shops being capped all the time. This is not an easy situation to overcome, even if bladestorm does lay waste to people.

Not to mention that in any real battle, the player with tenacity will be stunned, snared, and interrupted to the point that they can't do anything and just become a piñata.
One issue that tenacity didn't do was off set the workshop ownership. It should have also given the smaller team a buff that would make one player count as more then just one player in taking and holding a workshop. I don't care how strong of a buff it could have been, as long as you are out numbered, your side lost workshops, which directly relates to a lost Wintergrasp.
On my server, Horde VASTLY outnumber Alliance. In fact, during most of WG battles, Alliance have 10+ stacks of tenacity. This is an awful "fix" for such servers. And I'm afraid the "case by case" thing Zarhym mention will not happen soon enough.

You can't blame people for deciding to play Horde, and please don't suggest a faction change as a means of being able to participate in a WG.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the last few WG battles were 4v4. This can only be fixed by improving the faction balance somehow.
Are we unable to post quotes? I've writen 2 fairly long posts about Free Faction Changes instead of FCM, and it seems neither were posted, and I didn't get an error from either.
waiting for zarhym to respond to me.

Trolling won't get you responses, it'll just get you reported.

im asking why they wont remove faction changes. why cant they see faction changes caused massive imbalance problems on most realms?

dont they care about their game?

Because now that WG is balanceable, people can transfer to the less populated side, which would solve the imbalance.

Servers were imbalanced before faction changes existed. Turning them off again wouldn't solve anything, so why would they respond to your stupid suggestion?