Rune Strike Change?

Death Knight
Its been posted several times, even before Patch 4.0.1 went live, that Rune strike was going to be changed to; Rune Strike now deals 150% weapon damage, down from 200%. No longer requires you to dodge or parry, only usable while in Blood Presence. Now costs 30 Runic Power, up from 20 Runic Power, but a whole Patch update to 4.0.3 later and still No Rune Strike?

I was excited to see this change as tanking as a Death Knight now that Icy Touch does not produce additional threat, and our DPS as a tank has been drastically diminished, and I don't think Vengeance is working properly for DK's as i hear the warrior and pally tanks in my guild hitting for 40k Shield Slams and 50K Shield of the Righteous crits, while I'm lucky to see a Rune strike crit for 14K and Death Strike Crit for 25K. If a Death Knight goes for 4-5 attacks without a Dodge or Parry, witch happens more often then not seeing how bosses swing so slow right now, our Threat Takes a huge hit. Our only other option is Death and Decay, witch is a 30 seconds Cool down, so taking into account those are our ONLY high threat moves we have to rely on our Heart Strikes and Death Strikes witch have taken a HUG dps loss to try and stay above Furry warriors and Mages who easily push 20 to 40K dps.

I'm really only wondering whats the hold up on giving DK's a High threat moves that doesn't need the Mob in question attacking me, and then hope within the first 2-3 Swings i get a parry or dodge so I can then sustain my threat and Do what I'm supposed to do as a tank and hold aggro.
I know how you feel. There's been a couple other threads about it and I believe someone confirmed it is on the PTR for 4.0.3a.
I know how you feel. There's been a couple other threads about it and I believe someone confirmed it is on the PTR for 4.0.3a.

The real question is why couldn't the devs be bothered to hotfix it, or throw it into the 4.0.3 patch.

This is just becoming deliberate neglect, at this point.
I dont play the beta or anything but i saw that DK were getting nerfed... The blood shield from death strike is going from 10% hp min recovery to 7%.

All the while paladins are self healing themselves for long durations on heroic boss fights in cataclysm content.

Sounds like the age of paladins is still occuring.
Well at least I don't get to look like a fruit loop in my armor.
The problem with paladin self-healing with Word of Glory is that it does a dual-benefit.

1.) The heal they can get from it is quite huge due to the stam->spell power talent they have as protection.

2.) The threat they get from it is no longer nerfed (changed with cataclysm, it is no longer at 1/2 threat, but full threat in comparison to other healing classes)

What they need to do is either make the self-healing from Word of Glory do reduced (or zero) threat, or reduce the healing done by Word of Glory. Considering that a protection paladin has a class/specialization as follows:

[Uses Holy magic to shield <himself/herself> and defend allies from attackers.]

Looking at Blood Death Knights, we have the following class/specialization description:

[A dark guardian who manipulates and corrupts life energy to sustain <him/her>self in the face of an enemy onslaught.]

Yet, we have paladins that can go with a (virtually) resource free self-heal on a zero cooldown that heals for a great amounts and scales with stamina. At least Blood self-healing uses resources, has a cooldown, and scales with stamina only for the minimum of the heal.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Paladin self-healing got kicked in the face after widespread raiding starts with Cataclysm.

I thought the whole point of buffing the minimum heal back up from 5% to 10% was so Frost / Unholy had *some* sort of self heal, ala every other class?

Can we just get a nerfed recuperate? I'd take 1% HP every 3 seconds over this DS.
I'm damn surprised they nerfed this when they probably should have nerfed howling blast. damn that was hard to say.

The real question is why couldn't the devs be bothered to hotfix it, or throw it into the 4.0.3 patch.

This is just becoming deliberate neglect, at this point.

That's sorta BAU for DKs isn't it.
Back to the quetion at hand? please?
That's sorta BAU for DKs isn't it.

Seems that way.

Mind Freeze travel time? What?
Yet, we have paladins that can go with a (virtually) resource free self-heal on a zero cooldown that heals for a great amounts and scales with stamina. At least Blood self-healing uses resources, has a cooldown, and scales with stamina only for the minimum of the heal.

Although this is true, come Cata and testing on Beta if you use your Deaths Strike at the opportune time, witch with how Death Stike works now, is after you take a large amount of damage in 5-10 seconds, (Granted you'll be getting healed, but with Cata's HP Pool there isn't a single healer in the game who can FULL heal you with 1 spell...Even a pally who bombs Crits for 40K healing will have to take 4 Casts to full heal 120K HP, And bosses not being able to GLOBLE YOU, like they used to will provide crazy Shielding from Blood Shield) so taking that into consideration, I am at this moment able to heal myself for around 20-25K on certain bosses and with a mastery of 350 that gives my Blood Shield 100% effectiveness so i get a 25K Bouble for the next Physical damage taken. So knowing that I have effectively healed myself 40 to 50K with a single swing of my Sword at the most opportune time. And this will only get WORSE in Cata, because of what i mentioned before, Higher Health pools, Bosses not Globle'n you and Mastery being a more Available Stat.

I for-saw this nerf, and I'm not surprised it came. Yah it sucks now because our Average HP pool is 60K, but Come Cata it will be a whole different ball game, and yes you can go Over 100% on Blood shield with more mastery, so the blood shield will reach 150% of the heal almsot doubling the Effectiveness of this abbility, so really there's not need to complain about this nerf, nor is there any reason to complain about palidans.

I made this post so we can complain about all the needed changes that blizzard has seemingly put off, completely abandoning Death Knights after screwing us over with how the new Runes Recharge. I don't know why they felt the need to change how our runes recharge, but ok i can deal with that. Make Rune Strike a instant attack rather then a ON NEXT ATTACK, ok i can handle that. Just means I'll have to work it in as a High priority when it procs, but what really gets me is after they took Armor pen out of the game they forgot that blood used extensive armor pen and was even talented to ignore 9% of the targets armor so we as tanks could hit harder. Well needless to say i guess blizzard over looked this fact and my 5-6K dps on Rotface is now 2-3K, YAY go new rune recharge and lack of Armor pen!