How is Ret DPS now?

Paladin
Curious how it's going with those with gear...been playing my rogue for a bit and thinking about coming back to my Pally in cata.

Hows ret dps looking?
It's looking.. pretty damned sexy.
I'm typically top dog, or 2nd in Melee DPS with my Guild in ICC 25.
Is this after todays patch or prior to?
Ret DPS is doing pretty good, but the AoE Prot DPS is even better!!! =P
At the moment ret DPS is nicely balanced with the hybrids. At 85 things are probably not going to be so rosy as we gain a lot of holes in the rotation.
At the moment ret DPS is nicely balanced with the hybrids. At 85 things are probably not going to be so rosy as we gain a lot of holes in the rotation.

What do you mean by holes?

You can't haste CS to 3s so you play CS, X, wait... At the moment our DPS is balanced without the "waits", it remains to be seen whether our DPS will be balanced at 85 when we would be casting about 25% less spells if we have a 4s CS instead of a 3s CS.

You can't haste CS to 3s so you play CS, X, wait... At the moment our DPS is balanced without the "waits", it remains to be seen whether our DPS will be balanced at 85 when we would be casting about 25% less spells if we have a 4s CS instead of a 3s CS.

Ouch, I didn't know about this, but I suppose it will remain to be seen how it's going to look on a live server after cata.
Numbers wise in Beta we're close, if not there already. How it feels though, complete different story.