Recourse for flag-holding HK farmers?

Battlegrounds
On some lower level alts, I like to level by doing BGs. A problem I've run into lately is the heirloom equipped tanks getting 2 caps quickly and then holding the flag and farming HKs rather than winning for the rest of the BG.

What recourse do/should I have in this situation? They are interfering with the way I want to play the game to the point that I might as well log off. At least, if what I want to do is play that toon in PvP and level quickly too.
Well, my perspective is that if they want to farm HKs instead of XP, they should turn XP off and eat the queue times there.

Also, what really got me last time, is that they lied to the BG about the mechanics of XP gain in WSG. When I called them on it and accused them of lying, they just repeated "Cool Story Bro" over and over.
Different people like different aspects of the game. Some of us enjoy pvp for the sake of pvp.
True. The fact that they were jerks about it and lied to convince the others that they were in the right is what really got me.
This is common and well its fine imo. They like to PvP and hk farm. you like to level. theirs many ways to level while only one way to do BGs/PvP at lower levels.

As one said its 100% style of play. Just because you want one thing doesnt mean thats the way it has to be. I also find this slightly humorous because everyone hated twinks and while yes many farmed..many also won games real fast. heck in exp off brackets the games often go real fast..and everyones their to win overall. Theres slight farming at times but its far wose in exp on.

Sometimes its best to be careful what you wish for
Someone is preventing the match from ending for the express purpose of promoting pvp?! In a battleground?! This cannot be allowed!!

... Why are you doing battlegrounds at all if you just want exp? Do quests for exp. Do battlegrounds for pvp and fun, bro.
Different people like different aspects of the game. Some of us enjoy pvp for the sake of pvp.

Camping a GY is not PvP though. A fully buffed group focus firing down unbuffed new rez's...

...all in all, they look kind of silly. No doubt they showed the skill and coordination to reach that point and should be rewarded for that...

...but once it has reached that point, it is no longer PvP. That they would be hootin' and hollerin' at that point is pathetic.

Causing the situation - mad props.
Dragging the situation out for 15-18 minutes or more - sad, sad, sad.
Someone is preventing the match from ending for the express purpose of promoting pvp?! In a battleground?! This cannot be allowed!!

... Why are you doing battlegrounds at all if you just want exp? Do quests for exp. Do battlegrounds for pvp and fun, bro.

Do you like sneaking up on little handicapped girls with a bat... smacking them around each time they start to wake up?

If you actually wanted somewhat of a challenge in PvP - you would not be championing the cause you are. Kind of makes you look... you know... like somebody that likes to kick puppies because even an adult Chihuahua would be too risky.

So do not play the PvP thing for WSG.

Camp the GY to do a quick run of 3 flags is one thing. Dominating win - mad props. Move on to the next group and do it again...

...camping it to farm - lol, most people just cancel out and laugh at it. They forget all about the fact they were annihilated to end up in that position and are left with joking about how stupid the other side looks.
No one but you is talking about GY camping Kincayd. He's talking about HK farming, not GY camping.
Its hillarious to see this thread. Everyone said when twinks got removed itd be a perfect world..well guess what.

Point is BGs are PvP and farming is part of PvP. Ive been farmed plenty and farmed other teams plenty. I am very sorry im not in a BG to pl you. If you really do BGs for fun while leveling you wouldnt care if the games take a while..its fun right?

point is everyone wants everything to cater to them and god forbid anyone dares to do things in a way that doesnt make YOU happy..its just awful right?

I am just glad for the big mergers cause xp off brackets are a blast now and its awesome not to have 200 hp level 13-15s that become farmed because they want to be carried
No one but you is talking about GY camping Kincayd. He's talking about HK farming, not GY camping.

The subject of the thread.

"flag-holding"

His OP is about them getting two quick caps, holding the flag while farming...

...generally speaking this involves GY camping.

If the group cannot buff up the 10 people and go in there as a team, fight there way across mid, etc... that is an entirely different story (aside from those groups where you are facing 5+ Holy Paladins chain healing - those are painfully bizarre).

With Druids being a primary flag runner, you will often sit there after hitting cancel watching the Druid holding the flag help heal.

From the other side, it is annoying when your side wants to farm in such a manner while holding the flag.

I'm all for either side destroying the other team to force that position to facilitate the win.

It's not even PvP if one side is that much stronger than the other.

OP, the solution is to just sit away from your spirit healer and not rez, and do your best to convince your teammates to do likewise. Deprive them of the HKs, and they will cap soon enough.

C
They were the better players that bg, they got to farm hk's and xp. you lose and cry to the forums... that means they won twice.

You don't get extra xp by extending a game.

Also, your xp and honor/hour ratios are much higher for winning your games fast and requeuing.

It's like a coach telling a football player to make it look like you've been there before (scoring a TD), instead of acting like a dolt that when you have that rare successful situation.

Farming bad players? Don't waste my time. Let's win now, so I can play against better players.

C

Crying for the sake of crying.

Well at least you can't blame it on twinks anymore.