4.0.3a (PTR) Divine Storm (possible T10 bug)

Paladin
Not sure if I'm seeing a bug or some other issue, so running this by the community here first. It appears I am getting resets on the Divine Storm cooldown much like what we had on the previous T10 gear 2 piece bonus.

If I stand in front of a target dummy, and spam nothing but Crusader Strike, everything works normally. If, however, I spam Divine Storm...I will often be able to hit it 2 and 3 times in a row with no GCD between them (just a very slight lag as the cooldown resets...note it also resets the cooldown of crusader strike when this happens).

I am guessing this is some holdover from the previous T10 set bonus still at play here, or there is something else going on. I'll try to do a video to show what I'm talking about.

EDIT: Here's a video showing me spamming crusader strike, and then spamming divine storm. You can see several times where I get 2 divine storms in a row with almost no time between them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz6HGBB5IhI

Sorry for the terrible video quality, I didn't process it properly before uploading it.
you're probably hitting a 1HP divine storm after the first one, as divine storm has a chance to proc one via divine purpose.

DS has no cooldown now. so, working as intended i think.
No, it shares a cooldown with Crusader Strike now. It's been changed yet again.

The change is on beta and on the 4.0.3a Public Test Realm.
Ah, I see, I wasn't expecting that change till cata dropped, since we didn't get it in 4.0.3 >angryface<
Ah, I see, I wasn't expecting that change till cata dropped, since we didn't get it in 4.0.3 >angryface<

Yeah a few of the paladin changes are in effect for the latest ptr, the divine storm change is one, the guarded by the light change and holy shield change for prot are a couple others. So we should see these on live with the shattering, before cataclysm is released.
OK, I am fairly certain now it's the old 2 piece tier 10 set bonus causing this. Wearing prot gear the cooldown never gets reset. Wearing ret gear but using a fast 1 hander the cooldown is reset VERY often of course.

Just for providing full info for those that don't know, the old Tier 10 2 piece bonus gave your autoattacks a 40% chance to reset the cooldown on divine storm. The new 2 piece bonus since 4.0.1 went live has been to increase all our damage by 5%.

Either the new bonus isn't working and the old one is still there and only the tooltip changed, or now we are getting the old bonus on top of the 5% increased damage.
It's called Mastery, please watch your video again. That yellow bar above your head is your mastery proc.
It's called Mastery, please watch your video again. That yellow bar above your head is your mastery proc.

Before you assume someone doesn't know what they're talking about, you should make sure you do.

Divine Storm no longer relies on holy power, therefore is not affected by the mastery proc.

This is an interesting point, I'll have to test it out later on the PTR and see if I can replicate the issue. Good find. I do have one question though- if it's resetting the cooldown on Divine Storm, is it also resetting the cooldown on Crusader Strike, since the cooldown is now shared?

Edit: I see that it is, in fact resetting the cooldown. Interesting. As much as I'm not opposed to this bug, it should be fixed.
As much as I'm not opposed to this bug, it should be fixed.

Was exactly my thinking when I first noticed it, as fun as it is, I don't believe it's intended. And as you noticed, it does in fact reset the crusader strike cooldown as well, but ONLY if Divine Storm is what put the two abilities on cooldown. In other words, if you just use Crusader Strike, even though they share a cooldown, this bug won't reset the cooldowns.

I posted it on the old PTR forum as a bug since it doesn't appear there's a forum for the PTR here.
And as you noticed, it does in fact reset the crusader strike cooldown as well, but ONLY if Divine Storm is what put the two abilities on cooldown. In other words, if you just use Crusader Strike, even though they share a cooldown, this bug won't reset the cooldowns.

Interesting- it probably has something to do with how they programmed both abilities to share a cooldown, coupled with the change to ret tier 10. This isn't a huge game-breaking bug, because it will only help out in AoE situations, which, for the most part, will be going away soon along with our tier 10 2-set bonuses (as we acquire new gear in cata).

I posted it on the old PTR forum as a bug since it doesn't appear there's a forum for the PTR here.

That's a good idea. I'm not sure which forums are more closely followed by Blizzard.

way to make yourself look like a retard.
It doesn't consume holy power, and last time I spammed my DS button, I could do 3 divine storms and then I was oom. This might make me slightly hesitant to hit that button, but it's just a PTR, things can always be changed...shhh.
it must be weird for me to post on the deadbones i call my warrior since i lvld my ret but anyways ive just ran across this post about the ptr on ds. with the damage increase on ds come 4.0.3a how does the dps output look like for ds in a aoe rotation now?
it must be weird for me to post on the deadbones i call my warrior since i lvld my ret but anyways ive just ran across this post about the ptr on ds. with the damage increase on ds come 4.0.3a how does the dps output look like for ds in a aoe rotation now?

From my limited dungeons on the recent PTR, I would say anytime you are in a 3 mob+ situation divine storm is the way to go.

Off topic, and of little significance, but interestingly enough, Divine Storm seems to cost less mana than Crusader Strike (at least without the glyph that reduces CS cost).
hey thx for the reply im hoping a good outcome on the ds for a aoe.
That would explain why my floating combat text was still spitting out <Divine Storm!> on live after 4.0.1 hit. That was rather confusing.