Why do you RP?

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
What drives you to continue roleplaying?

Personally, I keep roleplaying because I can see people's personalities and meet new people in a friendly environment.
I rp because without lore and story, this game becomes nothing more than number crunching.
I love acting, I love WoW's story, it just sorta all meshes together.
I love acting, I love WoW's story, it just sorta all meshes together.

It allows me to be creative. I meet new and interesting people every day. If it weren't for RP, I most likely would have stopped playing a while ago. While fun, I don't think just the game play would hold my attention for as long as RP has.

That and: Lets me write, and I don't get that horrible block that hits in the face every time I try to produce a story.
Because even if I didn't put them down on paper, the characters that have come to life in my head would pester me about it.
Because even if I didn't put them down on paper, the characters that have come to life in my head would pester me about it.

This...I get so many ideas for character stories and what not no matter what RPG game I'm playing. In WoW, it lets me be expressive and see if I can create an enjoyable story for myself and others.

Tauren lore by far has been my favorite to work with.
I miss my grandma, she died awhile back. So, ive decided to base my main character of her personality.
I love acting, I love giving my characters stories, and I'm an avid writer.

Roleplaying has definitely kept my interest in WoW alive over the years and has served as an excellent distraction when leveling/pvp/raiding just become more frustrating than fun.

I love the lore behind the world and feeling like I'm an actual part of it makes the game ten times more fun for me.

Roleplaying in general, but especially in WoW, has also been a sort of escapism for me ever since I was really young. Whenever RL gets too frustrating/difficult/complicated/what have you, picturing myself in a world so different from my own helps me to calm down and deal with my problems.
Because I can't pvp or pve
It lets my imagination run wild and my ideas just sprout to life. :D
RP controls me. Also
I DON'T need an alarm clock. I get a really cool dream and then i wake up with an Idea and made a story.
Like the 'One's Desire to kill' thing.
No one is posting anymore and no one is posting in the signups.
*cough cough*
Aick?
Lack of friends.

I'm serious.
Lack of friends? You make friends in the game.
Because it extends my playtime tenfold.
Sometimes as an 80 I just stand around. Waiting for queues, looking for raids. If I fail at those two; Bam. Roleplay.

That is hardly the prime reason though.
I've always been a writer at heart and before WoW, I roleplayed on Starcraft. Those special maps people based around the concept of Roleplay. It was great.