I am absolutely BEGGING for an ability squish

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 40 Next
Hats off to the people that responded to this guys thread and weren't complete pricks. It's possible to have a conversation with someone of an opposing opinion without putting them down.

*tips fedora*
Didn't get the memo? You need a Razer Naga for minimal game play. If your mouse doesn't look like the dial-pad on a cellphone then you're doing it all ....entirely~ wrong.

Not to mention you'll need to condense your keys into multifunctional binds with modifiers. Combine all your non-gcds with macros and hope for the best. Ontop of your -on average- 15-20 button rotation.

When i'm pvping it looks like i'm DJ'ing my keyboard on the real.
In any case, I full-heartedly agree. It is absurd how much bloat there is.

Just look at warriors. Cleave/heroic strike basically serves the same (useless) purpose, as a rage dump... but HS is better if it's single target, cleave is better for multiple targets. Why bother have two abilities? Just delete HS and give us cleave, and adjust the damage. Skull banner is kind of worthless as a stand-alone ability, since it's absurd to not stack it with reck. Why not just combine reck and skull banner? Mocking banner is basically completely useless... and demo banner is good. So instead of 3 banners we can cut it down to just 1. Another saving is to combine heroic throw with storm bolt. Defensive CDs are also getting nutty... do we really need die by the sword and shield wall? (We got die by the sword originally because you had to use a shield to pop shield wall... now that's no longer the case we really don't need it).

Of course, I am digging into some sensitive issues here. The problem is everyone has too much. Delete one or two defensive CDs from everyone, a few "situational" buttons, and reduce the bloat borderline worthless abilities. Hunters for example have widow venom. Why is it not combined with one of the shots? Same with wyvern sting... which is literally the exact same as rend for warriors in Cata, and they had the good sense to delete it and just tack it onto mortal strike/devastate/bloodthirst. Death Knights for instance... why have two diseases, and an additional button to apply both diseases at once? Why not just have one disease and one ability to apply it?

So many classes need massive amounts of clean-up. IMHO no class should have more than 20 abilities they need to bind... right now we're looking at 45+ for a lot of specs.
*tips fedora*

Feeling pretty euphoric there, buddy?
Good thing as a Shadow Priest I only have like 5 abilities I have to worry about.
Didn't get the memo? You need a Razer Naga for minimal game play. If your mouse doesn't look like the dial-pad on a cellphone then you're doing it all ....entirely~ wrong.

Not to mention you'll needed to condense your keys into multifunctional binds with modifiers. Combine all your non-gcds with macros and hope for the best. Ontop of your -on average- 15-20 button rotation.

When i'm pvping it looks like i'm DJ'ing my keyboard on the real.

You don't need an overpriced piece of !@#$ mouse to fit in all your keybinds, all you need is smart keyboard bind management. I have 42 accessible binds on this hunter and my mouse only has 4 buttons (none of which I actually use for ability keybinds).

Feeling pretty euphoric there, buddy?

My enlightened brethren.
Do the big, bad numbers scare the wittle Shaman?

Ability squish, not item squish... >_>

Off topic: Item squish is necessary, as we are reaching a point where the game's code is unable to deal with the size of the numbers in question.

On topic: I'm conflicted on this one. On the one hand I like having a wide array of abilities and tricks up my sleeve, but on the other hand a lot of them are very situational.
11/25/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Daeydalus
You don't need an overpriced piece of !@#$ mouse to fit in all your keybinds, all you need is smart keyboard bind management. I have 42 accessible binds on this hunter and my mouse only has 4 buttons (none of which I actually use for ability keybinds).

I have every single normal keybind in this game and I play 100% efficiently and effectively. I honestly don't see the need for any more than 3 keybinds, let alone 42.
11/25/2013 08:37 AMPosted by Desmônd
He's not talking about the number squish, he's talking about an ability squish... WAAAAAY too many buttons to mash. On the back of the MoP box, it should have mention that piano playing skills recommended because of the sheer number of keybinds one needs to play.

Oh..... I get it.

Do the big, bad abilities scare the wittle Shaman?

As an Arms Warrior, this doesn't affect me at all. All I have to do is spam Mortal Strike/Overpower, Colossus Smash/Slam and I do enough damage to get by.

There is just so much that can be said to someone with your attitude I could write a book. You are just one of those I Me My people that not only doesn't care when something doesn't affect them but has to be a total butt letting others know.
I have every single normal keybind in this game and I play 100% efficiently and effectively. I honestly don't see the need for any more than 3 keybinds, let alone 42.

I don't really follow your post. Where are your keybinds? Are you clicking? Because no good hunter that wants to master their class can click, you are not playing 100%.
Just don't use the abilities you don't need to use. Some people utilize different talents than other. Don't take one of the ONLY ways you can CHOOSE how to play the game away. Just limit it yourself. Personal responsibility vs Corporate responsibility. Definitely not enough personal these days.
11/25/2013 08:34 AMPosted by Baldur
I saw the i-Level squish. I didn't see an ability squish.

My apologies I mistook what you meant and did not realize you were talking about "ability bloat" in both cases you have gotten your wish. No new abilities between 90 and 100 just an upscale of power to existing abilities.
But I like playing piano.....I mean rogue burst.
11/25/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Daeydalus

I don't really follow your post. Where are your keybinds? Are you clicking? Because no good hunter that wants to master their class can click, you are not playing 100%.

You sure in the hell don't need 42. That's just nonsense.

We're fine, a tweak here are there maybe needed but we don't need a "squish". Go play gw2 if that's what you're looking for.

"Using modifiers = bad"

LOL, there's not a damn thing wrong with using modifiers.
Combining Curse of Shadows with Curse of the Elements, and Curse of Weakness with Curse of Tongues was about the extent of an ability squish that my class needed.

Maybe work on our movement and get rid of Fel Flame. It only became relevant again in 5.4
11/25/2013 09:07 AMPosted by Sentenza
without moving your hand when you exclude WASD and space (which are reserved for character movement).

You use WASD to move...?

I think you're doing it wrong.
Keybinds, OP. Keybinds will solve your problem.

Using modifiers = bad. Having to move your hand off of WASD = bad. I count about 33 keys on the keyboard you can reach without moving your hand when you exclude WASD and space (which are reserved for character movement). Where are you getting 42 from?

Nothing wrong with modifiers bro.

I use:
`,q,e,r,t,f,g,c,v
shift: `,q,e,r,t,f,g,c,v,3,4,5
ctrl: q,e,f,w,s,c,v,x,z,w,s,d,x,d
ctrl-!@#$:w
ctrl: 1-4 (for pet bar)

You sure in the hell don't need 42. That's just nonsense.

Image of my bars:

http://i.imgur.com/5HG4IKq.jpg

I use every single one. Only thing that gets swapped is Focus Fire (currently #9 on my main bar) for Symbiosis (currently Shift-E). As a BM hunter I don't find myself using Focus Fire all that often as my pet is often better off with the the bonus instead.