Where is the pvp in lvl 90s killing low lvls?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
I enjoy the trill a pvp gives, watching your back for the other faction and having good and fun battles. I don't care if i die to someone my lvl, cause thats real pvp. but when i get killed over and over by a lvl 90 who follows me around the zone because they are 'bored', thats when blizzard needs to stop putting fingers in their !@# and give us this 'safe and fun environment'

What PvP is actually real?

Seriously, roll on a PvE server if you don't like getting ganked.
Hop on your lvl 90 and kick his butt. I tend to bring my shaman to the areas where my alt is going to quest so I can instantly find the ganker and attack him. I go ham and lava burst the crap out of them without remorse. Then either they go away after I kill them or they call buddies and we spark a guild war that they inevitably lose.
11/29/2013 06:50 PMPosted by Aaeiyn
I enjoy the trill a pvp gives, watching your back for the other faction and having good and fun battles. I don't care if i die to someone my lvl, cause thats real pvp. but when i get killed over and over by a lvl 90 who follows me around the zone because they are 'bored', thats when blizzard needs to stop putting fingers in their !@# and give us this 'safe and fun environment'

Sounds like a PvE server to me.

Yep, that's seriously what it comes down to. It's happened to us all.

When it's happened to me, all I had to do was log out for for a few minutes, grab a drink, go to the bathroom, log back in, and that bored level 90 was gone. You know why he was gone? Because like you said, he's bored. He doesn't want to wait for me to come back, he just wants to continue ganking.
I really don't know. Two idiotic Night Elves were harassing lowbies in Hellfire and so I got some friends and killed them. My friends left later on but I wanted to fight one of the Night Elves 1v1. I indicated this by /pointing at at one of them, standing in an obvious area with no NPC's and /beckoning so they decide to trick me by having the warrior that I was indicating come in first and act like he's going to fight me, just for his friend to come up from behind as soon as I dismounted so they could kill me. They then proceeded to try and camp me. I really don't know what kind of sick person it takes to revel in having a huge advantage and using it to grief people.

When it's happened to me, all I had to do was log out for for a few minutes, grab a drink, go to the bathroom, log back in, and that bored level 90 was gone. You know why he was gone? Because like you said, he's bored. He doesn't want to wait for me to come back, he just wants to continue ganking.

Even when i do that, they still come back to kill me

I don't agree with the PvP server atmosphere; I find it silly, but that's why I don't partake in it. I'm not condoning the behavior at all, but Blizz says they can, so I accept those rules. That's why we have PvE servers :)
11/29/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Aaeiyn
I don't agree with the PvP server atmosphere; I find it silly, but that's why I don't partake in it.
I personally don't mind pvp servers really. When I first started playing, that random realm thingy chose a pvp server for me so I went with it. But then I found out I had friends on another realm and they invited me over and I've been on a pve realm ever since.
Some men just like to watch the world burn.

Seriously though, literally everyone who has played this game has been ganked and I'd be willing to say the majority of them have then ganked someone else once they were max level. It's an initiation ritual. Roll with it.
11/29/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Tabuu
You guys can say "Oh there's no rules in PvP" or "War isn't fair" all you want. I don't care. If you derive "fun" out of outnumbering or outleveling players or both, and you then proceed to grief the person you have the clear advantage over, then you suck as a person.
Really, this is pretty mild compared to what I've witnessed in other games.

I don't agree with the PvP server atmosphere; I find it silly, but that's why I don't partake in it. I'm not condoning the behavior at all, but Blizz says they can, so I accept those rules. That's why we have PvE servers :)

You see, my Night Elf friend, I like you. Unlike others who do enjoy pvp, I don't consider those who play on pve realms "care bears" or "wimps" because it's all preference! Like you said, there are rules and environments in place for those who do not enjoy the pvp aspect of the game. Heck, I have a 90 on a pve realm that I play quite a bit. Sometimes it's nice to just relax and play the game without the worry of being jumped. Other times I'm in the mood for a little action, so I go hunting for it.

There is nothing wrong with how you play the game, but use common sense before choosing the realm you want to play on. In face, I think that it's one of the most important things to research before you even buy the game.
You guys can say "Oh there's no rules in PvP" or "War isn't fair" all you want. I don't care. If you derive "fun" out of outnumbering or outleveling players or both, and you then proceed to grief the person you have the clear advantage over, then you suck as a person.

That doesn't change the fact that it's allowed.

I personally don't mind pvp servers really. When I first started playing, that random realm thingy chose a pvp server for me so I went with it. But then I found out I had friends on another realm and they invited me over and I've been on a pve realm ever since.

To each their own, I personally don't like the PvP server atmosphere.
PVP servers have always been war zones and gankfests. Things never get boring and stale.
Besides, there are more than enough PVE 'care bear' servers out there for those who like to be left alone.
Really, this is pretty mild compared to what I've witnessed in other games.
I didn't say it was the worst thing ever. There are plenty things worse like feeding in Dota/LoL on purpose, and cussing out your teammates etc. But either way, the people that do these kind of things just suck as a person.
Get some high level friends. I was getting camped at the Dark Portal once, called one of the guild members, and I got through there no problem.
That doesn't change the fact that it's allowed.
I didn't say it did. I said they suck as a person, and they do.
Some men just like to watch the world burn.

Seriously though, literally everyone who has played this game has been ganked and I'd be willing to say the majority of them have then ganked someone else once they were max level. It's an initiation ritual. Roll with it.

Yes, I was ganked once when I was on the PvP realm.... but I've never ganked anyone myself. I left that realm, and I don't PvP at all on my PvE servers.
I remember on PVP realms...calling friends to kill the ganker over and over

edit: I've been leveling a Hunter on a PVP realm...Hellfire penninsula is a killzone. I get ganked there because of level 85's farming fel iron, but not constantly.
You see, my Night Elf friend, I like you. Unlike others who do enjoy pvp, I don't consider those who play on pve realms "care bears" or "wimps" because it's all preference! Like you said, there are rules and environments in place for those who do not enjoy the pvp aspect of the game. Heck, I have a 90 on a pve realm that I play quite a bit. Sometimes it's nice to just relax and play the game without the worry of being jumped. Other times I'm in the mood for a little action, so I go hunting for it.

There is nothing wrong with how you play the game, but use common sense before choosing the realm you want to play on. In face, I think that it's one of the most important things to research before you even buy the game.

Thank you, I like you, too :) I just enjoy my PvE servers. That whole fear thing, is not in my ball park xD

I didn't say it did. I said they suck as a person, and they do.

I agree with you, I'm just letting you know, they're not breaking any rules.
There was a ganking.

Crying happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcOrHQeLFQA&list=PL5687BECF8A9699AC