Holy/Ret/MM Hunter

Paladin
Wondering if this can be a viable 3's comp. Obviously as you can tell by my ratings I don't really try for high ratings, in which I would just do arena/RBG's to cap... but now I'd like to actually put the effort in and see if I can go somewhere with it with this comp.
If you're referring to a holy pally, then that comp would not do very well, considering the cc between the ret and hpal would DR a lot, not to mention hpals are just really easy to control and rets/hunters get trained easily. PHP (pally, hunter, priest) is pretty strong, and pally, hunter, druid is decent too. Although, keep in mind that ret/hunter this season isn't the best because of how easy it is to train them, but if you set up the right CC chain with burst, the comp can be really scary.
If you're referring to a holy pally, then that comp would not do very well, considering the cc between the ret and hpal would DR a lot, not to mention hpals are just really easy to control and rets/hunters get trained easily. PHP (pally, hunter, priest) is pretty strong, and pally, hunter, druid is decent too. Although, keep in mind that ret/hunter this season isn't the best because of how easy it is to train them, but if you set up the right CC chain with burst, the comp can be really scary.

I meant to say both Holy Priest and Paladin. I have a friend who plays both, although he may toy with Disc too.

I didn't do too bad last season hitting 1800 with a Resto Druid doing it with no Mic/Vent, so why not take the initiative this season and seeing how far I can actually go.

We did have concerns with the DR between mine and his HPally although I can't recall if Evil is a Point of View shares it with my FoJ. Of course Blinding Light and both our Hammers would.

Appreciate the feedback. We may toy around with it to see how far it goes on his Pally, but it looks like if we would want to get far then a Priest would be the better bet.
Ret/hunter is our best dps combination and the duo could use something which bombs heals onto them. An hpriest will help most with the rush-down, although rshamans are better for the long-run (and give you a better chance against warlock teams). Hpriests have weaker heals than other healers, so that's something to keep in mind.

Standard CC chains ideally look something like:

fist -> freezing trap -> maybe scatter/maybe silencing shot -> fear

You can throw silencing shot and scatter shot in as needed. Either are great for impromptu CC (silencing shot to stop an enemy caster from CCing, silencing shot immediately after a healer trinkets to prevent something, scatter shot to prevent a warrior from mass reflecting/intervening to/standing on a trap), or they can work for CC chains.

If you want to run hpal/ret/hunter, you'll have less 'outs' for scary situations. By 'outs' I mean spirit link totem, void shift, and all things similar. The 'outs' an hpal provides are Hand of Protection and... bomb heals. That said, their heals are amazing, so if you can maximize them casting heals and avoiding CC, it'd work okay.

Since you don't have the rsham option, I recommend hpriest. They'll help you zerg early game and they have two immediate outs (void shift and those wings which keep you alive). Try to maximize not only CC chains on a healer, but cross CC on their dps.
Ret/hunter is our best dps combination and the duo could use something which bombs heals onto them. An hpriest will help most with the rush-down, although rshamans are better for the long-run (and give you a better chance against warlock teams). Hpriests have weaker heals than other healers, so that's something to keep in mind.

Standard CC chains ideally look something like:

fist -> freezing trap -> maybe scatter/maybe silencing shot -> fear

You can throw silencing shot and scatter shot in as needed. Either are great for impromptu CC (silencing shot to stop an enemy caster from CCing, silencing shot immediately after a healer trinkets to prevent something, scatter shot to prevent a warrior from mass reflecting/intervening to/standing on a trap), or they can work for CC chains.

If you want to run hpal/ret/hunter, you'll have less 'outs' for scary situations. By 'outs' I mean spirit link totem, void shift, and all things similar. The 'outs' an hpal provides are Hand of Protection and... bomb heals. That said, their heals are amazing, so if you can maximize them casting heals and avoiding CC, it'd work okay.

Since you don't have the rsham option, I recommend hpriest. They'll help you zerg early game and they have two immediate outs (void shift and those wings which keep you alive). Try to maximize not only CC chains on a healer, but cross CC on their dps.

Gotcha. I can see what you mean when it comes with the Resto Shamans. Hell they're the hardest out of healers for me to keep pressure on. More or less I find myself having to CC the RShama in 2's while killing the DPS. They're the hardest (at least for me) to try and kill out of all healers.

I will say this, the guy's Holy Pally I believe is his main, and he backs it up when he says he is nearly impossible to kill. I've watched him live through the train of a geared Hunter/War combo while they had me CC'd and we turned it around and won.

Even my little success I had with a RDruid last season, my favorite healer to play with is in fact a Priest. Exactly what you said when it comes to void shift (which has had me ticked off when facing one). I feel more compatible with them in 2's, so I can only imagine how well the chemistry would work throwing an MM Hunter for 3's.

Next step for me to do as well is to quit being lazy and start working more on my JC. I picked it up a while back after getting bored trying to level Engineering but took a small break from WoW but have been more focused on keeping up practice in PvP by doing randoms when I'm not doing Arena/RBG's. I've been having a rough season starting out.