Remove The Daze Effect From The Game.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 11 Next
I'm completely serious.. If we were playing a game where we were at war with other factions... oh wait...

How should you be able to just run past a mob when they hit you??(I don't care what level the mob is)... Get on a horse and let me shoot you with my rifle and see if you don't get the 'dazed' effect. If you can stay on your horse, or if your horse doesn't drop from the round penetrating your leg and then his abdomen you'll be lucky.

The dazed effect adds to my immersion.

Yet you're talking about this.. in a game with dragons, and magic Pandas, yea.. no..
NO! I dont wanna see 1000 gnomes running around
How about make Daze scale. Say you're level 90 and going through redridge and the time where you normally would get dazed by level 15's. You wouldn't. Basically if you are 15 levels or higher, you won't get dazed. Now in WoD you're fighting level 90's and charging, you will get dazed if they hit you in the back.
it just has literally no purpose in the game anymore

It has the same purpose it always had.

To provide some risk when you try to run or ride through mobs, instead of going around them.

Whether or not it should still be in the game is up for debate, but it's purpose is still valid.
How about make Daze scale. Say you're level 90 and going through redridge and the time where you normally would get dazed by level 15's. You wouldn't. Basically if you are 15 levels or higher, you won't get dazed. Now in WoD you're fighting level 90's and charging, you will get dazed if they hit you in the back.

I like this idea., Never could quite figure out how a L10 gnoll could even hurt, let alone daze a L90.
Thanks you informed game developer...oh wait, you're wrong here, nvm. If the dazed affect was to simulate you getting dismounted, then please explain to me what the dismounting affect simulates? Don't forget, mobs can both daze and dismount. So obviously dazing has nothing to do with whether you are mounted or not.

Sure, if you want to get a little more technical.

Dazed is the "debuff" applied.
Dismount is the called action.

The "Dazed" Effect has multiple call actions. It calls for the stars above your head, it calls for the UI picture to display, and it calls for the dismount action. Probably in a way similar to if mounted then dismount.

No NPC's that I know of, unless special NPC's, have an "effect" called "Dismount".
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=38767

There is no spell for "Dismount" because it's a called action. It's not an "effect". Dismount is the same "call action" when you right click on your mounts portrait in the buffs location of your UI. The Dazed effect calls the same action.

So yes... Dazed is there to simulate being dismounted because your character has become "Dazed".
Oh man! Remember when it was based on Defense so tanks could essentially run anywhere and never get dazed but us cloth wearers would be in dazed-city? Crazy. Although they had to pay more repairs back then too. XD

Don't hear too much about it these days though, kind of a fun discussion to have again! In-general the world should be dangerous, and when you can ride through it unaffected, or have guaranteed escapes, it loses some of that danger. It's a lot of the same reasoning for non-flying in new content. Sure, you can still escape many situations, and there are still some get-out-of-jail-free cards, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to remove all of the situations which cause you to be cautious, plan travel routes, and have to play your character in this Roleplaying Game. We think the daze mechanic still serves its useful purpose.

[ed] Lore correctly reminds me it was Defense skill not Armor.
12/02/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Bashiok
Oh man! Remember when it was based on Armor so plate wearers could essentially run anywhere and never get dazed but us cloth wearers would be in dazed-city?

Someone needs to add this to the Wall of No, because I totally forgot about it.
So everyone in favor of daze staying put has a hunter they like to troll raid groups with, right?
So everyone in favor of daze staying put has a hunter they like to troll raid groups with, right?

False dichotomy.

I'm in favor of being able to initiate votekicks at any time for any reason on any person more irritating than a mild sunburn.

Now I know what I'm boosting to 90 when WoD releases. Thanks!
Lore correctly reminds me it was Defense skill not Armor.
YEAH LORE YOU SHOW EM!
It shouldn't be taken out, but it does need to be changed.

A mob 20 levels lower than me that somehow agros when I ride by too close should not be able to effectively auto-daze me off my mount.

But mobs that don't con gray should still be able to daze.