What's the best spec for Malkorok HC 10m?

Warlock
I have just made some trys with destro spec it was about 300k~ in like 3-4 minutes fight on each try... is it possible to pull more with affliction spec?

Please just warlocks that already killed post... dont need noob coments that have never done even immerseusHC.
Destruction is the best spec at your ilvl, although all of them will perform roughly the same assuming you can play then at the same level.
We put in attempts to this fight last night with a 19% wipe. I was pretty comfortable as Destro and was doing about 350k or so on wipes.

Affliction can pull higher damage on a short fight like 3-4 minutes, but on progression your kill will probably be close to the 6 minute enrage.
We put in attempts to this fight last night with a 19% wipe. I was pretty comfortable as Destro and was doing about 350k or so on wipes.

Affliction can pull higher damage on a short fight like 3-4 minutes, but on progression your kill will probably be close to the 6 minute enrage.

Maybe on the short 1-2 min wipes. You weren't even close to 350k DPS on any attempts that lasted longer than 3 minutes.
Destro and Affliction will both perform well on the fight. Personally I progressed on it as Affliction because I enjoyed the spec more and it's annoying to have orbs spawn on you while trying to cast chaos bolts.

Really your gear will support either spec, and the dps difference will be fairly minimal.
Maybe on the short 1-2 min wipes. You weren't even close to 350k DPS on any attempts that lasted longer than 3 minutes.

Shhh. I'm baiting Shyke.

I was more around 300k on the longer attempts. Most of time we wiped around 50%

Shhh. I'm baiting Shyke.

I was more around 300k on the longer attempts. Most of time we wiped around 50%

Where the hell are you getting these numbers o.O ? The closest you came to doing 300k dps was your last attempt in which you did 294k DPS. On your longer attempts, on average, you did 285k dps. Your overall average is 292k dps, which, given that half of your attempts ended at below 2 minutes time, would be skewed to be higher than your average due to the opening burst.
Lol, I'm a little weirded out you decided to investigate, but since you feel the need to do this I'll happily point out why you're being nothing more than a douche.

For starters I'll happily note that I pulled 460k on the first attempt! THAT'S A PRETTY DAMN BIG DEAL. Yeah, I'm amazing don't worry about it.

For everything else, note the DPS vs the eDPS. Yes, I know that eDPS is more important, but the DPS is more or less what I was seeing on Skada throughout the night. We did these attempts last night and I haven't gone through WoL yet. Seeing them just now is the first I've seen them. Most of them are probably because I died and the attempt kept going seeing as I had some attempts like 250k eDPS vs 320k DPS. Look at that I had 79% uptime. Must have been dead for quite awhile.

Good job looking like a major tool though.
What can I say, I love balls.
12/02/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Haunter
Look at that I had 79% uptime. Must have been dead for quite awhile.

man those orbs so hard to avoid
Man !@#$ those orbs.

I've personally been going aff for this fight just to try to change things up, will look at WoL in a moment to see my numbers. None of the attempts were that great though.
Never mind I did absolutely awful in numbers.

Definitely gonna try as destro this week and compare.
I run it Destro, the other Warlock in our 10 man runs that fight Affliction. Both are perfectly viable.
Lol, I'm a little weirded out you decided to investigate, but since you feel the need to do this I'll happily point out why you're being nothing more than a douche.

For starters I'll happily note that I pulled 460k on the first attempt! THAT'S A PRETTY DAMN BIG DEAL. Yeah, I'm amazing don't worry about it.

For everything else, note the DPS vs the eDPS. Yes, I know that eDPS is more important, but the DPS is more or less what I was seeing on Skada throughout the night. We did these attempts last night and I haven't gone through WoL yet. Seeing them just now is the first I've seen them. Most of them are probably because I died and the attempt kept going seeing as I had some attempts like 250k eDPS vs 320k DPS. Look at that I had 79% uptime. Must have been dead for quite awhile.

Good job looking like a major tool though.

If it had been anyone else, I wouldn't bother looking at the logs. But based on the things you say around the forum, you have proven yourself to be a pretty mediocre player who belittles everyone else. When you said that you were doing 350k DPS, I investigated because I expected you to be full of hot air.

I was not disappointed.

BTW - Skada shows DPS(e), not DPS. You will find that Skada matches almost perfectly with the numbers that you see on WOL. So unless you are using recount and don't know the difference between the two, you're wrong, again.

You are also wrong about being dead thing. You have a 92% average survivability, higher than practically anyone in the raid, which means that for most attempts you were alive until they called the wipe. Which is even funnier because your active time is less than most of the DPS in your raid, meaning that for 9% of all the attempts you just stood there and did nothing.

lmao.
12/02/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Haunter

a progression kill also might last that long in like the first few weeks of the tier, but anyone going into malk now is definitely geared enough for starting out as aff to be the best choice.

around when would afflic take over destro then if as gear scales affliction gets better then destro. cuz by the end of the fight im 40-50k lower as afflic then i am when i play destro.
12/02/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Grishy

a progression kill also might last that long in like the first few weeks of the tier, but anyone going into malk now is definitely geared enough for starting out as aff to be the best choice.

around when would afflic take over destro then if as gear scales affliction gets better then destro. cuz by the end of the fight im 40-50k lower as afflic then i am when i play destro.

It depends entirely on the length of the encounter. The idea is to let affliction's opener burst carry your DPS.