Soloing

Paladin
Hey pallies! Just curious what your soloing capabilities are these days. Specifically compared to say hunters, locks, and dks. Trying to figure out my best choice to solo some old raids, rares, and elites. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Can solo all Vanilla and Burning crusade content as retribution. Can solo everything before ICC, but in ICC you can do most on heroic 25 difficulty as protection. Have yet to try Ruby Sanctum. As protection, I've gotten up to Ultraxion down on normal 10, Ultraxion himself to 24%. Can also solo most heroic MoP dungeons as protection and only Stone Guardians so far for raid content. Also tried Galleon...72% is best so far :D

Good luck and have fun soloing!
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1207329-Paladin-Solo-Thread

Skimming to the last few pages should give you a decent idea what we can do.
Awesome! thanks for the info guys
What can't I solo is a better question ..

25heroic LK is prolly the most fun challenge .. Still no mount :/
Whatever you thought pallies could do is nothing. I've seen Heroic Stoneguards from one pally and Primordius from another... To all who have seen pallies solo tanking Thok before, we are very likely to see him soloed to the enrage fairly soon.
06/16/2014 06:14 AMPosted by Dreadfury
Whatever you thought pallies could do is nothing. I've seen Heroic Stoneguards from one pally and Primordius from another... To all who have seen pallies solo tanking Thok before, we are very likely to see him soloed to the enrage fairly soon.

Thok is unlike to be solo tanked soon seeing how you can't reset stacks in p1 (if you were somehow able to push him into fire phase, probably could solo there)

And mb i'll get enough time and shields sometime soon to go back to H primo, but atm !@#$er eats 2 shields from 100 to 0 for 1 good attempt <_<
I have tried soloing 10M Morchok and ran straight into the enrage timer.
Is my gear high enough?
Tried as ret and got squished.
Managed to solo first two bosses at BoT. Working on third.
BWg descent worm guy. Got into his mouth and couldn't get out.
Done Omnotron.
06/17/2014 04:19 AMPosted by Tridiak
BWg descent worm guy. Got into his mouth and couldn't get out.

I've been able to solo him on 25m difficulty, I just use the dmg in enrage timer to get a !@#$ load of vengeance and time my defensives so that I live. I end up getting a %^-* load of damage and healing output and kill him. :)
Can full clear all Wrath content dont be fooled its possible Prot is the spec to choose for soloing in my opinion obviously switch specs as needed to completely certain encounters but prot did well for me also can solo some bosses in cata
Depends what you want to solo. If you are planning to do WoTLK any of the ones you listed will be fine. If you are wanting to do more high end soloing that is a bit different. A paly has soloed Will of the emperor, Heroic stone guard and Primordius, to name a few. which are all fairly impressive. So overall in a good spot.

Warlock and Hunter are not as good as they used to be. I think the only really challenging solo fight they are better than a dk/paly is immerseus, since they can use their pets to cheese the fight.

Dk's still have the most kills for soloing though, so if you go on their records dk's still seem to edge out palys (for example dks have done almost all of MSV and recently finished first boss of throne of thunder). But again this is only if you are pushing the highest content, overall solo ability is relatively similar outside of that.