Troll/Worgen moonkin placeholder or final-

Druid
Post Limit:
I asked on the dev chat if the Moonkin form for troll/worgen was the final, or if it was a placeholder.

The answer?

JABarack (J. Allen Brack Production Director)- Final!

I'm now super excited for 4.03a. I'm on the PTR and I <3 Troll Moonkin form.

Any possibility of a link to what they look like. I'd love to see!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFGhvKwHxcE
ah beaten to the punch
Haha, sorry. Those are correct, no?
You're really excited about a recolored Night Elf form? After seeing that video I think I am more inclined to stay Tauren as it will be the only moonkin without antlers.
You're really excited about a recolored Night Elf form? After seeing that video I think I am more inclined to stay Tauren as it will be the only moonkin without antlers.

Exactly why I am changing my off-spec to Moonkin. Used to be Heals/Tank. Gonna do resto/moonkin now. Then roll a troll for cat/bear. Haha.

I'm tired of the bland colors of the Tauren Moonkin form.

Brown, lighter brown, and still lighter brown.

I'm much happier with the

Black, red, tan of the trolls. Not to mention red glowing eyes.
Yes, as far as I know.

I'm only on the PTR so no worgen druid for me.

Nelf and tauren are unchanged, troll got the one in the vid so it's safe to assume the worgen did as well.
"final" with an exclamation mark? why is this guy so happy, someone tell me lol. re-using models from 2004 is not a GOOD thing.
Yeah, this is kind of disappointing. I was hoping Worgen would get something a little more "fierce" looking. Maybe some detail to make up for the Trolls getting a bat for flight form lol.
Maybe he meant final as in, that's what you'll see in release, but doesn't necessarily mean they don't have plans to redo the forms a la feral forms in the future.

If they did do that, though, the soonest possible date I'd expect to see them would be 4.1
I saw a troll form at blizzcon and was so excited, even though its not as unique as the night elf or tauren, and are just a reskin I still am in love with the troll form
I saw a troll form at blizzcon and was so excited, even though its not as unique as the night elf or tauren, and are just a reskin I still am in love with the troll form

I'm glad I'm not the only one excited about the troll moonkin form.
Maybe he meant final as in, that's what you'll see in release, but doesn't necessarily mean they don't have plans to redo the forms a la feral forms in the future.

If they did do that, though, the soonest possible date I'd expect to see them would be 4.1

Yeah, GC said earlier this year that the the earliest we might see new forms is 4.1. I'm with you in thinking 4.1, or possibly 4.2 depending if something unexpected comes up. The way I see it, if they didn't plan on updating the forms any time soon, they would have modified the troll and worgen models instead of just using recoloured owlkin forms which were already in the game. Why waste more time and resources on something that won't be around too long, after all?

I hope that's what it means, anyway; at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if the baby moonkin pet has a higher poly count than the moonkin form :P
they're finally and it sucks, never new trolls had tusks on their heads. you can get away with the worgen...but the trolls? no.
I'm really disappointed. I was really hoping hoping for an updated moonkin model. We have the last combat model to be updated. Even the tree form model was updated and its on a cooldown so you don't see it nearly as much as the other combat forms. I'm sick of looking at the ugly ass model that has been in the game for the last 5 years. The feral forms were updated more than a year ago. What is with the balance neglect?

Now don't get me wrong, I understand that blizz is busy with Cataclysm and all that so I know this isn't exactly a priority. I'm also not going to ragequit over this or anything. I am just disappointed. I was really hoping we would get a new model with the Cata release, so when I read that we wouldn't it was definitely a let down.
I don't know if I am sad, angry or disappointed...
Maybe all three ...

What comforts me is that, with that answer, we'll not be waiting for something is never going to change...
I rly wanted an improvement...
/cry

PS: I discovered we can dance on the motorcicle passenger's seat in moonkin form lol
(I didn't know...)
The fact that people are excited about the most trivial of changes to an already -OUTDATED- model should go to show just how much Moonkin form needs to be rejuvenated.

It is always a major slap in the face to shapeshift out of Dire Bear or Cat Form into Travel/Moonkin form and sharply have the extreme differences thrust upon you. Every time.