Troll/Worgen moonkin placeholder or final-

Druid
Alls I can say about troll moonkin in PVP is:

Alliance: ZOmG its BIG its RED lets KILL IT!!

Troll: Oh god..
...really? You're excited about something you've seen from the beginning of WoW?
Maybe he meant final as in, that's what you'll see in release, but doesn't necessarily mean they don't have plans to redo the forms a la feral forms in the future.

If they did do that, though, the soonest possible date I'd expect to see them would be 4.1

Yeah, GC said earlier this year that the the earliest we might see new forms is 4.1. I'm with you in thinking 4.1, or possibly 4.2 depending if something unexpected comes up. The way I see it, if they didn't plan on updating the forms any time soon, they would have modified the troll and worgen models instead of just using recoloured owlkin forms which were already in the game. Why waste more time and resources on something that won't be around too long, after all?

I hope that's what it means, anyway; at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if the baby moonkin pet has a higher poly count than the moonkin form :P
I think that's what he means, but he wants people to be surprised later on in Cata when the forums get updated. He's probably excited about the future, but I could just be reading too much into it.
IMO they have said before that the other druid forms (non kitty/bear) are in need of updates as well. My best guess would be that the recolors of the nelf form we are seeing for Cata launch will "eventually" be replaced with something a bit more unique. They did a great job with feral so I have high hopes that the rest of our forms will get some love in the future.

It is a bit odd that the tree CD got a new look before boomkin, but I can only guess that they did that in order to have a visual difference between the CD and the cosmetic glyph they are adding that allows a resto druid to have their old tree look at all times.

I know this is primarly about boomkin, but I really hope they get around to aquatic form someday.. Have you seen my ugly seal face? (Yes, I know... the lesser used of the forms... But still!)
Now I may be going out on a limb here, but I've never understood why a Balance Druid would shapeshift into an Wildkin in the first place. Way, way back when during Vanilla when the form was first introduced, wasn't there a post/interview from a developer stating that they felt Balance druids should have a form as well, but they didn't know what to give them, so they gave them an Wildkin as a "temporary placeholder"?

According to the Lore:

Some night elf scholars claim that the lumbering, misshapen wildkin are the creation and favored pets of Elune, the moon goddess. Desiring a creature of might to claim as her own and disenchanted with the violence of wolves, Elune combined the traits of her beloved night birds with the brute force of benevolent bears. Night elves claim that Elune created the first wildkin in the early days of the world to serve as guardians to Cenarius. She combined the best traits of the owl, the most beloved of her night birds, and the bear, the lumbering protector of the woods. The result: a swift, elegant, and fiercely loyal hunter. Other scholars claim that wildkin were the misguided creation of a sorcerer. Regardless of their origins, wildkin have been the beloved allies of night elf Druids of the Wild and ancients alike since the time of the War of the Ancients.

They are more connected to Elune than to Cenarius himself. There was never an established totem associated to the Wildkin unlike the other forms, though the same could be said for the Tree of Life as well.

Quite honestly, instead of an updated Moonkin form, I would be more interested to see if the developers could be a bit more creative in regards to what Balance Druids shapeshift into. Perhaps something more like a Dryads or Keepers, or perhaps something completely different. Perhaps they could take cues from Malfurion's new model; making us form-like without giving us a true "form". Antlers, pseudo wings attached to our arms. It would be a great opportunity to give us a unique look, while also allowing us to see some of our armour while in "form".

Mind you, I doubt that would ever happen.

All that said and done I'll add the short version of my post.

TL; DR: I am disappointed that Worgen and Trolls did not get unique models, but I have high hopes that sometime during the Cataclysm expansion we will see not only some new, nifty models for the new races, but also an updated Night Elf and Tauren form as well.

Don't let me down (again) Blizzard.
...really? You're excited about something you've seen from the beginning of WoW?

I, unlike some, don't hang out in the Hinterlands all day.

Yes, I am excited, I like the look of the reskin.

I still think it'll be upgraded later, as others have pointed out. But if I had to look at the tauren colors for a troll boomkin I'd have screamed.

I, unlike some, don't hang out in the Hinterlands all day.

Yes, I am excited, I like the look of the reskin.

I still think it'll be upgraded later, as others have pointed out. But if I had to look at the tauren colors for a troll boomkin I'd have screamed.

But it's not a reskin..Just another boomkin.

I guess if you prefer a different skin then that's great but it's not a new skin..It's the exact same skin from the Hinterland Moonkins, I myself am disappointed but that's because I prefer new models..
Like someone said above, there is not reason at all for druid to take on the aspect of wildkin. They were created by elune to protect her temple etc and have little to no attunement with magic other than being created by it. They are not elemental so its out of their element totally. I never really understood it especially for other races than nightelf. I just hope that the reskin they are talking about will me something different for every races concerning the balance form as well as the travel and aquatic form.

The travel and aquatic form could actually simply be model that are already ingame but more specific to every races. The seal form is just strange and dont fit any of the race. I just hope that it will come soon after cata because right now druid, especially in the feral, lack anything new from this expantion exept like an interrupt but no "new toy" like other classes got. Dont get me wrong on the toy term but no class at this point really need anything new and they can perform well with all of their current spell. The new spells are just new utility mecanics and compared to other classes druid are just horrible. I would just hope that at least some cosmetic fixe concerning the races would happen so then we can at least get that even if it doesnt improve our gameplay.
Antlers on a Troll?

Get real Blizz. The least you could have done would have been to smack some tusks on the Hinterlands skin. I know I took the "Final!" quote from the development chat with a grain of salt - but you didn't have to leave us hanging by a thread.

My hopes are that by "Final!" you meant this is the final for the release date of the Xpac and later on you'll throw us a bone and give us something worth celebrating for. Not to mention I'm a little disappointed in the fact of giving Tree form an overhaul, when you only see it for 30 seconds every 3 minutes! We stay in Owlkin form 95% of the time cupcakes. What in the hell were you thinking?

The coloring is ok for now, but so help us if we don't see results in a later patch during Cataclysm you'd better be very much prepared to see an outcry of "How dare you"s from the Druid community.

We're not as cute and fluffy as one may suspect.
What an incredibly lazy job. Bravo.
I love troll boomkin form. This won me over and its really making push to race change after Cata when they allow it
This might be final just for the release... But we knew that fully updated forms ala bear/cat and whatnot weren't likely to come until 4.1.

Could just be a 'small' amount of time that the troll has antlers etc.

/shrugs
These are final?

So lazy.

Hey, remember back in the day when Tauren Moonkin Form?
I was hoping for a moonkin form revamp. Granted while in form we finally gained an action while skinning about a year ago instead of just standing still, I'm not excited with the Moonkin "changes" aesthetically speaking. Tree of life form got revamped and it has existed for druids for less time than the moonkin. I am not one of these elusive players that "absolutely love" the current look. Sorry, but no thanks. Just to keep the druid forms unique based on race, couldn't the troll moonkin have huge tusks instead of antlers and the worgen a long shaggy mane? To say the very least that is, I really am disappointed that this old form has not been revamped. Now the troll, night elf and worgen moonkin will look like every other wildkin in the game, while the Tauren are unique. Yes the bear and cat models are shape wise the same but they both have something about them that screams the race... Please Blizzard, do something with this outdated form...

I was excited to race change to Worgen, but looking at the form I'm debating on another caster class.
I want to know who these mythical players are who "love" the current moonkin forms, because I've never met any of them. But hey, let's please have another 45 models of murloc mobs in the game, guys...
I'm just hoping that Blizzard put no effort into these models because they plan on redoing moonkin (and hopefully travel/aquatic) forms in 4.1. I'll be extremely disappointed if they don't...
I want to know who these mythical players are who "love" the current moonkin forms, because I've never met any of them. But hey, let's please have another 45 models of murloc mobs in the game, guys...

The murlocs in game are all the same model with different skins on.

The problem is that people usually only make the effort to express their opinion when they really hate something - it's quite common for people to say "moonkins look goofy, change the form, please!" but rarer for people to make the effort to jump on the forums and say "I really love this form!"

However, if Blizzard announced they were scrapping the current form, you'd see a lot of those fans come out of the woodwork to beg for it not to happen. I doubt they would be the majority.. but you'd still get to see how many people actually like the current form.

To demonstrate this point, consider how goofy the old cat and bear forms looked. If Blizzard offers your race/form an overhaul, generally I think you'd be silly to say no thanks - and anything had to be better than that awful wyverncat. But there were still plenty of people who, after seeing the new forms, wanted the option to keep their legacy cat and bear forms.

TLDR: just because you haven't personally come across anyone who likes the current form doesn't mean they don't exist. I've seen some posting before.
It's funny people say that "no I LOVE this form!" I'm one of the people who find it outright offensive and won't play balance because of it...

"Wahhh we LIKE the old one! Don't change it!" Okay, give the QQers a bloody glyph for the OLD model like they're doing for tree form and STFU.

Done deal!

TLDR: just because you haven't personally come across anyone who likes the current form doesn't mean they don't exist. I've seen some posting before.

Hai!