Game Freeze/Crashes...anyone else?

Mac Technical Support
First off the details:

I have a Mac Pro Desktop (I also have a windows hard-drive I tried to play wow on as well)

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per processor): 12 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP31.006C.B05
SMC Version (system): 1.25f4
Hardware UUID: 1C4F50C9-87FA-5A9F-AACC-28D2ABF1E084

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0611
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3233
Displays:
Display Connector:
Cinema HD:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Depth: 32-Bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Rotation: Supported

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Kernel Version: Darwin 9.8.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Time since boot: 33 minutes

On my MAC hard-drive -
Last night I tried entering ICC for the first time in 6 months. I recently came back to game about 2 weeks ago.

Within 10 minutes of me entering ICC I get a freeze/distorted screen. I could still hear vent but could not force quit or interact with anything...had to hard shut down with power button ( i hate doing that)

This went on for about 20 minutes more of me trying to log in and then game freezing in ICC. Finally it gets to the point where I cannot get past the log-in screen. All other functions are fine on the MAC side of my Mac Pro...

Fast Forward this morning-

I download WoW on my windows hard-drive on the same Mac Pro (took about 4 hours) and was able to log into my alts. When I tried logging into my main it said "Instance Server Not Available" so I log into my alt priest and did a few dungeons....all was fine. I eventually decide to open a GM ticket and explain my main toon is "stuck in ICC"...I got a reply in 5 minutes and they booted him out. Great I thought!

I logged into my main to find him in Forlorn Woods. I decide to try ICC again on same raid lockout just to see if I can enter. BAM same freeze/distorted screen but I can hear vent in background. I eventually have to hard power down my computer.

I now try to log in to WoW on the windows hard drive and am at same situation as my Mac hard drive. I cant get past log-in screen with it crashing/freezing etc.

I was able to play on window hard drive fine until I logged on my main and tried to get into ICC. So strange.

So- Now I have no way to get into the game.

Any suggestions?

Is it possible that ICC has corrupted my account somehow?

This is so strange and while my good friends in vent are trying to help....the sheer strangeness of the situation baffles us.

Again - Any suggestions or ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian
Let's reset your temp files and permissions just to make sure everything is peachy-keen and see if it helps this problem.

Reset the temp files:
1. Navigate to /Applications/World of Warcraft/
2. Delete the Cache folder.
3. Move Interface and WTF to the Desktop.
4. Then go into the Data folder, and delete the Cache folder in there.

Reset the permissions on your WoW folder:
1. Select the World of Warcraft folder
2. Press Command + I
3. In the Info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock and unlock it, entering your admin password when prompted.
4. make sure you have Read & Write permissions
5. Click on the Burst icon (cog wheel) and select Apply to enclosed items

Please use the steps below to repair file permission settings on the hard drive.

1. Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/ and open Disk Utility
2. Select the hard drive the game is installed on
3. Select the First Aid option
4. Click on the Repair Disk Permissions button

Let me know if this helped any.

Do you love Boomkins? Sure we all do!
Wait I mean, take a moment to let me know how I am doing. http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG
Hi TonyM -

I first off want to thank you for taking the time to try and help me.

I tried the above but to no luck in solving my problem.

I also am now having issues outside of WoW on my Mac Pro.

I called Apple Care today and luckily I am still under warranty. I went through some diagnostics with them and they beleive WoW may have overheated my graphics card.

I am bringing it to a local Apple store to diagnositic the hell out of it and see what is wrong.

One question for anyone reading this:

If indeed my above graphics card is destroyed....what do you think I should replace it with?

Also - Should I add 2GB more of RAM?

Thanks all!
only thing wrong is the smc default settings are terible for gaming, it's been a common problem plaguing wow for a long time on most laptops, never really seen it on a mac pro though they usually have good SMC settings. maybe you have a fan that isn't operating correctly