Cataclysm - 961 hit rating at 85?

Hunter
Reading Frosthelm's scattered shots yesterday I was a bit confused (Shocker) on his "hit" comments (See below). Can anyone shed some lite on how this, what appears to be, scaling hit requirement, works?

"At level 80, you need about 31 hit rating to get a 1 percent increase to your hit chance. At level 85, you'll need 121 hit rating to get that same 1 percent. That means that to reach the hit cap at level 85, you'll need 961 hit rating."

Taken from -
http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/11/18/scattered-shots-leveling-your-hunter-from-80-to-85/

This article lists the combat ratings at 85 for all stats:
http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t29453-combat_ratings_level_85_cataclysm/

They're all pretty nasty.
Yeah I've heard hit is stupidly valuable for them.

My warrior doesn't do anything but tank thankfully. If I want to dps things I have 4 other chars for that :)

My warrior doesn't do anything but tank thankfully. If I want to dps things I have 4 other chars for that :)

What are we talking as stupidly valuable? Three times the dps per point compared to other stats? Or more like five?

edit: or is it something really ridiculous like 10?
Wow ..(No pun intended), thats pretty crazy, good resource to Z, thanks.
So at 85 120 hit = 1 percent as opposed to as it is now 32 (30.7548) (roughly, or was pre 4.01) per each percentage point ..

Rating Level 60 Level 70 Level 80 Level 81 Level 82 Level 83 Level 84 Level 85
.........Hit 9.37931 14.7905 30.7548 40.3836 53.0304 69.6653 91.4738 120.109
Okay, that's a pretty crazy amount of rating needed per 1% or point of mastery. ~121 hit, ~180 crit/mastery, ~129 haste, ~325 agi (for 1% crit). I rounded up on all of them because you don't get partial points.
Edited to remove stupidity : ) (This post only)

What are we talking as stupidly valuable? Three times the dps per point compared to other stats? Or more like five?

Warrior's got through most of WotLK abusing the heroic strike bug, but now hard capping DW hit is the only way they can maintain a decent flow of rage.
Good thing I'm a Draenei :D
Be glad you're not a Fury Warrior.

This. Dual wield hit cap is 27%.

Warrior's got through most of WotLK abusing the heroic strike bug, but now hard capping DW hit is the only way they can maintain a decent flow of rage.
Heroic Strike bug? Is that different from only having to hit cap for special attacks?
Heroic Strike bug? Is that different from only having to hit cap for special attacks?

IIRC, the offhand swing during a heroic strike had the hit chance of a special. (Had being the important part. No longer true.)