Full UI replacements

UI and Macro
As I look around the internet, I see more and more people using addon packs that completely replace the UI.

Do these work well not using hotkeys? I only use hotkeys on my mage and not my DK.

Does installing one of these mean you have to remove all already installed addons?

Any good ones for DK/MDPS or Mage/RDPs?

Any that work in 4.0.1? Cant find any updated ones.
Do these work well not using hotkeys? I only use hotkeys on my mage and not my DK.

Unless they're made specifically for keybinders, then they should work just as well either way.

Does installing one of these mean you have to remove all already installed addons?

Not necessarily. Although, if you don't copy over the saved variables, the addons you do add will be completely out of place, and not set up properly.

Any good ones for DK/MDPS or Mage/RDPs?

It's all a matter of opinion. Check out the various UIs youself, and decide if they fit your needs or not.

Any that work in 4.0.1? Cant find any updated ones.

Several. There's TukUI, LUI, and NUI to name a few. There's dozens at WoWInterface that have been updated for 4.0 already, as well.
There are tons of comps on wowinterface that are updated for 4.0.1. I don't think you're looking hard enough.
The two "big" full UI replacements are Tukui and LUI. They have different aesthetics, and there are pros and cons to using each. There are a lot of publicly available edits on the Tukui forums that can make it more graphically appealing or practical, while most edits of LUI are not shared. Check out either of them!
http://www.tukui.org/
http://www.wow-lui.com/

These UIs can be used in addition to any other addons. Tukui no longer requires you to change anything in the Interface folder, so you can just add the Tukui packages to your already existing addons folder, but you'll probably want to avoid anything that interacts with actionbars, button skinning, chat, tooltips, unitframes, or, for example, OmniCC; you can keep things like Clique and Recount. You may want to just try Tukui out without any other addons enabled, to get a feel for the types of features that are included. For LUI, it's best to make a backup of your Interface folder before installing - Omen, Recount, Bartender, ButtonFacade and Grid are included in the LUI package, but any other addons you may want to add (ChefsHat or FishingAce! for example) can be re-addd to the AddOns folder that is included in the LUI download.

It's also worth noting that LUI has an in-game config included, but for Tukui, the in-game config is a separate addon you'll have to download from the website. You could also do your configurations for Tukui directly from the files in the \Tukui\Config\ folder.
Honestly your just better off creating your UI from scratch. Once you get the hang of all the addons, its a breeze and makes the game much more suitable for you.
Honestly your just better off creating your UI from scratch. Once you get the hang of all the addons, its a breeze and makes the game much more suitable for you.

It really depends on what you're comfortable with, and what your goals are for your UI.

Using popular, often updated addons with their own configuration interfaces is often much easier for the casual user, but it can impact performance, because all those configuration screens require an extra layer of code. Depending on the complexity of the addon, you're looking at a big difference in the amount of memory an addon uses.

Take Pitbull, for example. It's a great addon, with the bonus of it being modular, so you only need to use the features you want. A complex, detailed in-game config means you can make your unit frames look just how you want them without touching a Lua file. Super! But if you compare your Pitbull to an oUF layout with the same style and functionality, i think you'll find that using oUF greatly conserves your memory, the downside being that if you want to customize an oUF layout, for the most part, you need to know your way around a Lua file, or be willing to learn enough to get things the way you'd like them.

On the other hand, even if you don't want to edit your own code, maybe you'd like things even easier, and you want a true compilation, or addon bundle, that will accomplish all the desired tasks in a way that is hopefully graphically pleasing to you. If you're able to accomplish this without much self-configuration (ingame or out), I say, more power to ya. There are a lot of good addon bundles/compilations that are very beautiful, and do most things the average user might need.

While several people are better off picking and choosing from several really amazing stand-alone addons, a successful UI serves the purposes of its user first and foremost, and priorities are obviously different from user to user. I'd also argue that this isn't really "from scratch"- all those addons were written by users just like you, and it's they that design their addons from scratch (they just make them public).
The last full addon pack that was any sort of decent in my mind was MazzleUI and that went out the window when he stopped playing.

Over the years I've learned to just pick and choose which addons I enjoy and make my own setup that suits me best. Usually your pretty good with using your own additional addons but you have to make sure you don't add two that will conflict (FuBar and ChocolateBar, for example).