SoO LFR loot

Customer Support
just wondering if it is normal to clear almost all bosses (just working on garrosh now) and receive no actual loot only the coalesced turmoil?

normally this wouldn't concern me but i am due to run a normal mode raid in a couple of hours and was hoping to get something to help give me a boost up
Random is random, you could clear all the bosses next week and still get no loot - or you could clean up big time and get loot off several bosses :p
thats nothing from all 14 bosses :-/ the people in LFR are hard enough to deal with when you are getting loot, let alone when you aren't
I've had it happen. Some of us are just that unlucky :(
Yep, not unheard of at all.

Flip a coin 100 times, record the results. You might be interested in how many times in a row heads falls, or tails falls.. But each through has the same odds. 50/50. It doesn't change.

*nods*

I especially love the times when I win a piece of loot from a boss, then use a coin to hopefully get the item I was really after... only to get the exact same item I just got!!
12/03/2013 09:07 PMPosted by Emellia

*nods*

I especially love the times when I win a piece of loot from a boss, then use a coin to hopefully get the item I was really after... only to get the exact same item I just got!!

It's even more fun when that's the only piece off the boss you definitely don't need.
my total loot for this week after killing ordos, using a seal there, killing the celestials doing flex1 and all LFRs totals to a 522 arms PvP piece (i am a prot warrior) and a cloak that i already had from flex 21 chances for gear there and 2 drops that help me with nothing
2/21 is slightly under average I would say, but not all that much. Unless the expected average drop percentage has been increased recently.
typically the advertised drop rate is 20-25% which would mean there should have 5-6 drops, also i did not include in that the lack of drops from other LFR versions that are not really useful for gearing to current content. i have cleared almost all LFR versions with almost no success (a 483 staff was the only drop)
Unfortunately it is what it is. Random can sometimes be cruel, but other times give you an overabundance of drops. Usually no one comments that they received too many items for the week.

There is really not much you can do I'm afraid except keep running the content.
like i said normally just a little bit of venting frustration and a little bit wondering if there was meant to be a system in place to stop this from happening, like an increasing scale so that for each boss you don't get loot off the next boss has a higher chance of dropping in LFR.

it seems they have done everything else they can to make people in LFR happy, by nerfing health pools and damage, yet there is still no way to keep people happy with lot from what i see.

i'll just have to try my luck on normal mode and hope i can get at least something
I don't think you are understanding what drop rate means.

A drop rate of 20% means that each time that boss dies, it has a 20% chance to drop that particular piece. Drop rates are only applicable in normal and heroic mode raiding, since LFR and flex bosses don't "drop loot" per se, so things work a bit differently there since the loot drops aren't nearly as random (if there aren't any priests in your LFR, then it's impossible for spirit cloth to drop for example)

In flex and LFR you have a (last time I checked) 15% chance of receiving some piece of loot, selected a random from those that the boss drops which are rated for your class and role. 2/21 is just under 10%, so it is, as I said, a bit on the lower end, but not extremely so since 21 is such a small sample size.
12/03/2013 09:43 PMPosted by Carvais
and a little bit wondering if there was meant to be a system in place to stop this from happening

Other than the increased chance on the bonus roll after a non-successful roll, nope.

12/03/2013 09:43 PMPosted by Carvais
yet there is still no way to keep people happy with lot from what i see.

When it comes to item gains, usually not. Of course, back in Vanilla 40 man days and with guilds using DKP systems, I recall it sometimes taking 3-4 weeks for me to even get one item. Things are really not that bad even in the worst cases with today's raiding.
i did 13/14 in flex today and only got 1 piece of gear that i couldnt use -.-
When it comes to item gains, usually not. Of course, back in Vanilla 40 man days and with guilds using DKP systems, I recall it sometimes taking 3-4 weeks for me to even get one item. Things are really not that bad even in the worst cases with today's raiding.

yeah i'm lucky i missed out on all the DKP stuff and my first raiding guild, which is my current guild has a master loot set up and are about as fair as any raider could wish for
typically the advertised drop rate is 20-25% which would mean there should have 5-6 drops, also i did not include in that the lack of drops from other LFR versions that are not really useful for gearing to current content. i have cleared almost all LFR versions with almost no success (a 483 staff was the only drop)

This is NOT the way that statistics work. If you flip a coin 10 times that does not mean that it will land on heads 5 times and tails 5 times. It could land on heads 10 times or 0 times with there still being a 50% chance of either.

Also where did you get that advertised drop rate from? The only number I've ever heard from devs was around 15%
I did 22 bosses in lfr, flex combined and won 4 pieces of loot, that is rediculous, all 8 bosses in flex no loot, this needs to change, that is a lot of wasted time for nothing. Players deserve to be rewarded for their hard work and time put into the game. Or we cannot get in normal modes and everyone else is miserable with our low dps, heals, mitigation.
I gotta ask, wasted time?

Please explain........

I remember there was a time where you got loot or NOTHING. at least now you get gold.

Plenty of times i see the same loot drop. You know what, I am there to help friends and family enjoy the game and have fun.