Looking for a raid guild ...

Mal'Ganis
As the topic suggests, I find myself in the market for a guild on Mal'Ganis. I currently have 5 characters at level 80, have gone 12/12 10M and 8/12 10HM and am based on Icecrown-US.

My reasons for looking to transfer servers (and factions) is that the raid times of most guilds on Icecrown tend to be pretty late for me on the east coast, and the few raid guilds on Icecrown that do raid at reasonable times simply aren't progressing at the level I'm looking for.

Mal'Ganis not only has a vast number of guilds progressing well, but the overall community appears to be a little friendlier (read as, they don't seem to suffer from tourettes or an inferiority complex).

About me ...

Played since vanilla. I have raided in all 3 expansions as a healer, dps (melee) and main tanked. I custom code my own UI and tend to put a lot of time into researching my classes and specs with every patch and adjustment.

About you ...

Most importantly, not an @ssclown (read, not a bunch of idiots pretending to be raiders). Lacking a sense of entitlement, or general feeling that Blizzard should dumb the game down to make it easier for you to get your shiny new mount. Willing to put in the necessary time to progress in a raid, and lacking a defeatist attitude and don't generally disparage easily.

Well, that's all I'm going to say for now, but if you think your guild might be a potential good fit, please drop a reply here with a bit about your guild and who/how to contact you.

--Mysql
From Iceland? lol I'm in North America my friend. :p
From Iceland? lol I'm in North America my friend. :p

Just ignore him. :D
Vigil is in the market for a shaman without LoD/bane. Don't apply to them, though - they'll apply to you.
Vigil is in the market for a shaman without LoD/bane. Don't apply to them, though - they'll apply to you.

I see what you did right there, you were mocking my Shaman; intelligently no less! Kudos sir! :o

Mysql, props on the open source IT name

Although much LOL's @ the "I noticed how friendly people are on mal'ganis".

www.wowprogress.com is a good website to go to if you want to see what progression level guilds are at here (you said this was of concern to you), and anyone seriously recruiting at even a semi high progression level will usually have their profile of times and classes they are looking for in their wowprogress.com profile.

Good luck,
Dyson
As an aside, I'd also suggest if your primary categories of interest in a guild are Progression + Raid times

Then rather than here, you should make a post on faction recruit forums and not transfer to Mal'Ganis. Find a guild interested in recruiting you on another server that suits what seem to be fairly minimal needs.

When Cata comes out, Mal'Ganis will be queue central. This would be the worst time to come here for just about any toon or guild looking for a new server. When WoTLK came out, the queues to login were hours long. Lot's of people transferred off in the first tier of content, and free xfers were offered off within a week or two to @!@%ty low pop servers.

If you are paying the $25 now, do yourself a favor and don't limit yourself to mal'ganis.

Mysql, props on the open source IT name

Although much LOL's @ the "I noticed how friendly people are on mal'ganis".

Spend 5 minutes on Icecrown, by comparison ... this place is a love fest. =)

www.wowprogress.com is a good website to go to if you want to see what progression level guilds are at here (you said this was of concern to you), and anyone seriously recruiting at even a semi high progression level will usually have their profile of times and classes they are looking for in their wowprogress.com profile.

Good luck,
Dyson

I've been scoping out a few guilds on there and will be contacting a few to chat. On Icecrown most of the major guilds do their recruitment via the forums more so than WP, good to hear guilds here actually use the tools available. ;)

Thanks for the info Dyson!
As an aside, I'd also suggest if your primary categories of interest in a guild are Progression + Raid times

Then rather than here, you should make a post on faction recruit forums and not transfer to Mal'Ganis. Find a guild interested in recruiting you on another server that suits what seem to be fairly minimal needs.

When Cata comes out, Mal'Ganis will be queue central. This would be the worst time to come here for just about any toon or guild looking for a new server. When WoTLK came out, the queues to login were hours long. Lot's of people transferred off in the first tier of content, and free xfers were offered off within a week or two to @!@%ty low pop servers.

If you are paying the $25 now, do yourself a favor and don't limit yourself to mal'ganis.

Good advice. For me though, I'm specifically looking to move to Mal'Ganis and its merely a question of finding a guild with a good fit. Having played on Icecrown since beta, unreasonably long queue times are nothing new and I can handle that. Mal'Ganis offers the greatest level of progression across the greatest number of guilds, more so than any other server. Coming from Icecrown where we have one LoD guild (Blades of Wrath) and a handful of guilds with Bane, this will be a welcome change I think.

Transfering to Mal'ganis makes you a better player. oh wait