Engineering

Professions
Whats better goblin or gnomish engeering I was planning on using it scrictly for the eternal extractor, but since that is being taken away moreless what is the best to roll and why? And do you have to decide up front? I cant remember since I only did engineering 5 years ago.

Also, I planning on doing engeering on my Alt which is a warrior who has mining maxed out. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
I personaly like goblin because of the teleporters they cn make which can give you cool debuffs such as turning you into an oppisite faction race or making you bigger.
I took goblin engineering because I love explosives, and it's always fun to set off a sapper charge with Anti Magic Shell up.
I personaly like goblin because of the teleporters they cn make which can give you cool debuffs such as turning you into an oppisite faction race or making you bigger.

The Gnomish teleporters have similar, if not identical, effects. They go to slightly different locations, however (Goblin: Everlook, Area 52; Gnomish: Gadgetzan, Toshley's Station).

I prefer Goblin, mainly because of the explosives. Gnomish has some neat little items, but they don't compare to the Global Thermal Sapper Charge, among other awesome bombs.
Gnomish Engineering will have the better teleporter locations in Cataclysm. Assuming the locations don't change. Getting to Tanaris in 3 seconds is much better than getting to Winterspring.

As far as benefits? I haven't seen any differences (apart from which cataclysm pet you can craft) between the two.
Gnomish Engineering will have the better teleporter locations in Cataclysm. Assuming the locations don't change. Getting to Tanaris in 3 seconds is much better than getting to Winterspring.

Now that Mt Hyjal has something in it, Winterspring is less useless. :)
It would be nice to get a portal to somewhere in Eastern Kingdoms though.

As far as benefits? I haven't seen any differences (apart from which cataclysm pet you can craft) between the two.

So far the pets are BoU so even if you can only make one pet, you can swap with somebody else to end up with both.

The Gnomish teleporters have similar, if not identical, effects. They go to slightly different locations, however (Goblin: Everlook, Area 52; Gnomish: Gadgetzan, Toshley's Station).

I prefer Goblin, mainly because of the explosives. Gnomish has some neat little items, but they don't compare to the Global Thermal Sapper Charge, among other awesome bombs.

So, as I read the different suggestions I for forgot to mention my warrior is horde and going to Gadgetzan it looks like Gnomish whould be better? Only becauase Gadgetzan is Alliance area. Any other thoughts or concerns I should take?

Thanks.
I dont know WTF I was thinking, I have been sick and confused it with the the town noutside of IF gnomergan. LMFAO...
I personally think that gnomish is more fun and games, while goblin is blowin stuff up and easier to level
18 month necro.
gnome for gadgets goblin for bombs,have done both,but am gnome at moment.wanted x-ray specs
07/03/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Orglethorgly
I personally think that gnomish is more fun and games, while goblin is blowin stuff up and easier to level

I heard you like necro's, i thought we could necro while i necro your necro.
To Update the subject of the old necro:

The only real current difference is which rocket mount you can MAKE; You can use either of them, but you can make one with goblin, or the other with gnome. I guess that was Blizzard's way of finally making the choice mean something, at high level when you'd pretty much never be using the old teleport devices even.

The irony of this thread is this:

There is actually a NEW thread, with the same exact subject, that I replied to the other day.