Jack of all Trades

Achievements
I dunno if this would be better placed in a suggestions forum, but I didn't see one. So the other thing it could be placed in was the Acheivements forum.

Players like long achievements that show off how good they are. They also like to work on things and get stuff that other players do not have/would have to work for hours on. IE: the Insane title.

I have one that would, probably be costly if people want to go that route or very time consuming.

It is the "Jack of all Trades" achievement. It'd be for example using this character's name "Saveric, Jack of all Trades" for display purposes. This would also be a Feat of Strength similar to "the Insane."

It's design would be simple to implement. The databases already keep record of how many professions that you have taken to max. And has a list in your Statistics what all your achievements are at and what they have every been at.

If Jack of all Trades was in Cata it'd look like this:
Jack of all Trades
Requirement: Raise all professions and secondary professions to their max level. (aka Cata would be 525)
Rewards: Jack of all Trades title and Medallion of Trades

Medallion of Trades
Bind on Pickup
Item
Skill Boost: Herbalism, Mining, Skinning, and Fishing +20 while in bag.
Includes Gyromatic Micro-Adjustor, Arclight Spanner, Flint and Tinder, Blacksmithing Hammer, Mining Pick, Philosopher's Stone, Virtuoso Inking Set, Simple Grinder, Jeweler's Kit and an Enchanter's Rod"

Don't know if this suggestion has ever been thrown out there. Just giving something I thought about.
I dunno if this would be better placed in a suggestions forum, but I didn't see one. So the other thing it could be placed in was the Acheivements forum.

Players like long achievements that show off how good they are. They also like to work on things and get stuff that other players do not have/would have to work for hours on. IE: the Insane title.

I have one that would, probably be costly if people want to go that route or very time consuming.

It is the "Jack of all Trades" achievement. It'd be for example using this character's name "Saveric, Jack of all Trades" for display purposes. This would also be a Feat of Strength similar to "the Insane."

It's design would be simple to implement. The databases already keep record of how many professions that you have taken to max. And has a list in your Statistics what all your achievements are at and what they have every been at.

If Jack of all Trades was in Cata it'd look like this:
Jack of all Trades
Requirement: Raise all professions and secondary professions to their max level. (aka Cata would be 525)
Rewards: Jack of all Trades title and Medallion of Trades

Medallion of Trades
Item
As long as this item is in your bag grants +20 skill to: Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Engineering, Herbalism, Inscription, Jewelcrafting, Leatherworking, Mining, Skinning, Tailoring, Archaeology, Cooking, First Aid, Fishing.
Includes Gyromatic Micro-Adjustor, Arclight Spanner, Flint and Tinder, Blacksmithing Hammer, Mining Pick, Philosopher's Stone, Virtuoso Inking Set, Simple Grinder, Jeweler's Kit and an Enchanter's Rod"

Don't know if this suggestion has ever been thrown out there. Just giving something I thought about.

This is a good idea, at least for the feat/title. Not sure about the medallion though - the +20 bonus to all profs seems a bit much.

This is a good idea, at least for the feat/title. Not sure about the medallion though - the +20 bonus to all profs seems a bit much.

Yeah I wasn't too sure about the Medallion and the +20, it'd be able to replace basically all the skill boosting items or if it stacked allowing some skills to get even higher than they should count towards. Maybe if it was just +20 to Skinning/Herb/Mining it'd be better. Since those are the main ones that you'd actually be able to do something with at higher levels. It wouldn't let you learn things faster than normal since it's not a permanent bonus. But enchanting could be added on there for purpose with Disenchanting. Maybe Jewelcrafting for prospecting.

What do you think about the second part where it basically would replace all your crafting requirement items? I put that since at one point you did have them all and would allow you to save space if you decided to keep them, plus would allow you to switch professions without having to purchase again the item or recraft it.

Could always remove it and just have the title though, I would be fine with just that. I'm sure a lot others would be as well.
I had thought of this a couple weeks ago as well. I think it would be really cool and perfectly in line with the insane title. I see no reason why blizzard couldn't implement this. You never know, they may actually take your advice!
Crazy, in MoP there is now a jack of all trades achievement!