Log-in problem.

Technical Support
I havent played WoW in a while now, and i wanted to see what has changed. So i logged into the game, and when i click "log in" it just says "Connecting" for about 5-10 minutes, and then it disconnects me from the server.

Is anyone else getting this problem?
Might be still close to the stickies, But whatever.

Bump.
Bump
Third bump...
Fourth bump....
Fifth bump... does no one want to help ne?

World of Warcraft Connection Issues:
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21014&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=2329
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21014&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=2329

I'm stuck on step 2.

It dosent have any directions for Windows 7 users.

I'm stuck on step 2.

It dosent have any directions for Windows 7 users.

would be same as vista.

press start or windows key > type "cmd" > hit enter > type "tracert 12.129.206.130 >> c:\trace.txt" > wait till its finished (about 30-60sec) and copy and paste text from trace.txt in this thread.
would be same as vista

Theres no drop down menu for Command Prompt
press start or windows key > type "cmd" > hit enter > type "tracert 12.129.206.130 >> c:\trace.txt" > wait till its finished (about 30-60sec) and copy and paste text from trace.txt in this thread.
"Right click Command Prompt shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" from the drop down menu."

Keyword: Right click

Wait till whats finished? It just sits there with the "tracert 12.129.206.130 >> c:\trace.txt" thing at the end.
Alright, Step 2 didnt work.

And the step 3 thing never works for me.

Step 4 wants me to get rid of my fire wall and stuff like that.

So i'm not doing that.

Wait till whats finished? It just sits there with the "tracert 12.129.206.130 >> c:\trace.txt" thing at the end.

He's talking about the trace route. You'll want to wait a few minutes before you read the output. However, you should follow the instructions on the support page before you get to the trace route. Read it thoroughly as it explains what could be causing your issues. If you're connection issues continue after completing those steps, then you'll want to copy the contents of your tracert.txt and paste them into this thread

when its finished you'll be able to type in the cmd window again
He's talking about the trace route. You'll want to wait a few minutes before you read the output. However, you should follow the instructions on the support page before you get to the trace route. Read it thoroughly as it explains what could be causing your issues. If you're connection issues continue after completing those steps, then you'll want to copy the contents of your tracert.txt and paste them into this thread

I followed the instructions on the Support page and none of them worked.
Step 4 wants me to get rid of my fire wall and stuff like that.

So i'm not doing that.

Firewalls and security software cause tons of connection issues man. What security software/firewall are you running?
Firewalls and security software cause tons of connection issues man. What security software/firewall are you running?

How do i find that out?
Do run Norton, AVG 2011, McAfee, etc...?

If it's running, you can usually find an icon of it in your system tray.