My prowl macro - RIP

Druid
Post Limit:
I had a macro that would put me in cat form, and then if I activated it again would put me into prowl mode (out of combat). If I was in combat it would shadowmeld.

With 4.0.3 it's borked ... I just want to hit one key ("F" to get into cat mode and "F" again to Prowl). Can anyone assist me with this macro?

Sorry for nubing it up, I'm slightly tipsy ;)

Can you post the macro? And what is wrong with it? I'm not aware of any changes that could possibly screw this up.
Actually, I've been using a macro like this for a long time now. I don't know why it wouldn't work...

/cast [noform] cat form; [form: 3] prowl; [combat] shadowmeld

Ah, but wait, hmm, I've never dealt with shadowmeld before, I'm not entirely sure how to state two conditions, both cat form AND combat, in order to trigger a move...
First two parts worked ... I got to slip into cat mode then prowl, just need to Shadowmeld if I am in combat (/cast [noform] cat form; [form: 3] prowl; [combat] shadowmeld) didn't take me from combat to shadowmeld :(

Actually, I've been using a macro like this for a long time now. I don't know why it wouldn't work...

/cast [noform] cat form; [form: 3] prowl; [combat] shadowmeld

Ah, but wait, hmm, I've never dealt with shadowmeld before, I'm not entirely sure how to state two conditions, both cat form AND combat, in order to trigger a move...
You can have multiple conditionals for one spell.

/cast [noform, nocombat] Cat Form; [form:3, nocombat] Prowl; Shadowmeld

Thanks to everyone that replied!
#showtooltip
/cast [combat] Shadowmeld; [stance:3] Prowl; Cat Form

The macro reads starting with the first condition and spell you give it. The first macro you were given (/cast [noform] cat form; [form: 3] prowl; [combat] shadowmeld) will not work because it will first check to see if you are in any form and if not, then it will put in you cat form. I would imagine it would not switch you to cat form if you were in any other form than Druid form. I could be wrong, but based on the way it is written I don't think it would switch you from say Bear Form to Cat Form since the [noform] condition only checks to see if you are in a form or not. It doesn't specify which form.

If you are in a form when you press it, it skips the cat form spell and checks the next condition, [form:3] which tests to see if you are in Cat Form. If you are, it always tries to Prowl. So assuming you are in Druid form [noform] and you press it, it switches you to Cat Form. Now you press it again, it ALWAYS tries to prowl because the only condition you gave it was to check if you are in Cat Form. It should Shadowmeld if you are in say Bear Form though. But I am assuming that is not what you want. The way it is written if you are in cat form, it will never move to the third condition to check if you are in combat and execute Shadowmeld.

(/cast [noform, nocombat] Cat Form; [form:3, nocombat] Prowl; Shadowmeld) This is a little better, but it suffers from the same logic flaw. If you were in travel form, flight form, bear form or any other form, this will not switch you to cat form since [noform] just checks to see if you are not in a form. If you are in ANY form, the condition is met and it skips executing that spell (in this case casting Cat Form). So say you were in Bear Form, this would instantly Shadowmeld you.

That might work for you, but if you always want this macro to put you in Cat Form regardless of what other form you are in, then it needs to be written a little differently. You could use [noform:3] which tells it if you are in any form other than Cat Form, switch to Cat Form.

Or you could use the macro I gave above, which sets Cat Form as the always true condition, meaning it will always put you in Cat Form. It will also always Shadowmeld you in combat regardless of form (assuming Shadowmeld can be used in any form).

Anyway, the macro above should do what you are looking for assuming the spells are spelled correctly.

If you would prefer it to only Shadowmeld after placing you in Cat Form, then just modify the macro a little bit so that Shadowmeld only executes if in combat and in Cat Form.

#showtooltip
/cast [combat, stance:3] Shadowmeld; [stance:3] Prowl; Cat Form