Read This Before You Post

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next

You should look up the word "murder."

Regardless, if you want to answer those posts no one's stopping you. Thanks for the condescension, though. The irony was pretty funny, just what I needed in the morning.

What is with all the sudden hostility?

I'm here saying, "Let's not be douche nozzles, if someone wants help, help them, don't get snobby."

"Ahmaghad arrogance".

Alas I'm biting on the trolling.

I wasn't hostile? I simply replied to the comment "this is a story forum, not a snob forum." My post was met with hostility, my position was called "childish," and I was condescended to.

Nowhere did I post anything out of hostility until then.

*shrug* And you continue with the insulting tone with the comment about trolling.
I wasn't hostile? I simply replied to the comment "this is a story forum, not a snob forum." My post was met with hostility, my position was called "childish," and I was condescended to.

That actually does warrant an apology. Not for my statement, but for its lack of clarity. That wasn't directed at you. That was directed at the people, and you know, and I know, and everyone here knows they're out there, who will sign onto these forums, wearing a bath robe and holding a small rubber nerf hammer that says "Lorehammer" along the side. They will don their crown made of aluminum foil and begin to read the boards.

They will see that a thread exists, not read it, just see that one exists entitled, "Hwo is Yoggs Arone??" and they will absolutely flip out and start attacking pedestrians with that hammer.

Those are childish snobs that should be laughed off the forums.

That wasn't an accusation at you so I apologize for not making that clear.

That actually does warrant an apology. Not for my statement, but for its lack of clarity. That wasn't directed at you. That was directed at the people, and you know, and I know, and everyone here knows they're out there, who will sign onto these forums, wearing a bath robe and holding a small rubber nerf hammer that says "Lorehammer" along the side. They will don their crown made of aluminum foil and begin to read the boards.

They will see that a thread exists, not read it, just see that one exists entitled, "Hwo is Yoggs Arone??" and they will absolutely flip out and start attacking pedestrians with that hammer.

Those are childish snobs that should be laughed off the forums.

That wasn't an accusation at you so I apologize for not making that clear.

And I apologize for seeming hostile. I'm really not - especially towards you. I may not agree with everything you say, but I do like the fact that you're not wallowing in self-pity about the Alliance in Cata and how downtrodden they really are(n't).
And I apologize for seeming hostile. I'm really not - especially towards you. I may not agree with everything you say, but I do like the fact that you're not wallowing in self-pity about the Alliance in Cata and how downtrodden they really are(n't).

Glory to the Alliance.

Remember the Wrathgate.

My life for Aiur.

Power overwhelming.

Jakul inak.
4). We Are Not Your Personal Encyclopedia

I'm going to have to disagree here.

I have absolutely no qualms using my infinite knowledge to help persons.

This is a story forum, not a snob forum.

As I mentioned, there's absolutely nothing wrong with asking questions about unclear topics. There are many things that can be better explained by someone here on the forums than a wiki link. My favorite example is "What happens when you kill an elemental?" The only official statement is that they're banished on Azeroth and permanently killed on their Plane, but there's so much more to it than that.

The types of questions I am talking about are the ones like "Is Vol'jin leaving the Horde?" A quick search on WoWPedia will provide you the entire transcript from the new Echo Isles starting quests and answer the question for you. It's not against any sort of official rule to post those kinds of questions here, but I do see it as a sort of common courtesy to familiarize yourself with basic information before posting.

On a side note, I think Vromrig was being ironic in that post about Garrosh...

*Grabs a folding chair and smashes it over Vaala's head*
Odok wrote:
For whatever reason, this forum is seeing a massive influx of new posters. Whether it's due to the imminent launch of an expansion (and the tidal wave of lore accompanying it) or just a surge of passion, I feel like I need to reiterate some ground rules.

It's funny that this was just posted eight hours ago. I'm one of those people...and I don't know why after 15 years of participating in the Warcraft universe I've all of a sudden (as of this week!) gotten into the lore.
Odok wrote:
For whatever reason, this forum is seeing a massive influx of new posters. Whether it's due to the imminent launch of an expansion (and the tidal wave of lore accompanying it) or just a surge of passion, I feel like I need to reiterate some ground rules.

It's funny that this was just posted eight hours ago. I'm one of those people...and I don't know why after 15 years of participating in the Warcraft universe I've all of a sudden (as of this week!) gotten into the lore.

Well, welcome. Hope you enjoy it here!
In spite of my... difference of opinion with certain posters in this forum, I will attempt to be more sincerely civil from hereon.
In spite of my... difference of opinion with certain posters in this forum, I will attempt to be more sincerely civil from hereon.

:D

Also, I approve of this thread. Sticky, please.
Be warned, this website will devour countless hours of your time:

should be bolded. and also possibly a link to the trope: TVtropes will ruin your life.

you have been warned.
Sticky plz.
Guys? Let's be civil, please. No point in derailing yet another thread.

...Oh no you didn't.

...Oh no you didn't.

If it took you this long to notice, we know it worked.

...Oh no you didn't.

I'm really strong, you know.

I'm really strong, you know.

I... well... um, bye~! *Smoke bomb* *Vanish*
In my opinion this thread should be stickied, and anyone who wants to post here should be required to read and take a short quiz on it to ensure comprehension.

If the story forum people could be more civil and act like adults occasionally I bet more lurkers would post more often. (I know I would at least)
Great stuff. Thanks for posting this.

Reported for sticky.
This thread reminds me of my old thread on the other forums requesting everyone cool off and be civil.

So I like this thread.

I would quote/link that thread, but it appears to have been eaten by the old forum system.
This thread reminds me of my old thread on the other forums requesting everyone cool off and be civil.

So I like this thread.

I would quote/link that thread, but it appears to have been eaten by the old forum system.

didn't that thread devolve into a Flame war eventually?