Farewell, Old World

Moon Guard
As we all know, Cataclysm will bring an end to the old Azeroth. Many of us have had a good long run with the old world, and I'm sure a lot of us will miss it. Sure, a lot of it is staying, but a lot of it is changing, and we may never see it again.

On Monday night, I'd like to invite anyone who wishes to come, Alliance, Horde, RPer, or non, to say farewell to the Old World, a place where many have long lasting, fond memories.

Gathering will begin at 8:00 PM Server time, (that's central) and Fireworks will be set off at 8:30, and probably continue until around 9:00.

Again, anyone is invited, no matter what faction or server. Let's show the old world just how much it meant to so many of us.

Where: Booty Bay
When: Monday Evening (11/22/10), 8:00 Pm (Server/Central)
What to bring?: Fireworks, if you want.

Hope to see some people there!
I'm absolutely 100% with this idea. Like you said, there are a lot of memories tied into the old world. The reason why I enjoy RP realms is because there is so much meaning in the world - it's not just a backdrop, it's your character's -home-. I think it's wonderful idea to give it a nice little send off.

I encourage all of my friends in Modan Co, Shadows and Dust and Knights of Menethil to come help celebrate vanilla WoW and remember the good times we had, be it through PvE, PvP or RP.

I'll bring the Pocket Pygg.
As we all know, Cataclysm will bring an end to the old Azeroth. Many of us have had a good long run with the old world, and I'm sure a lot of us will miss it. Sure, a lot of it is staying, but a lot of it is changing, and we may never see it again.

Are you kidding me?

I've seen the same stuff for almost six years now. I'm ready for it to change.

Only thing I'm gonna miss is the loss of the ZG raid instance.
Sounds like a pretty fun idea. Though I get the feeling someone is gunna flag..then it will get..interesting :>>
What better way to kick off the end of the world then to spend it with friends? I mean, sure it won't be ICly, but...nevertheless, the whole thing I expect to be very touching. Secret little alcoves and places we'll never see again. Zones forever changed.

We move onwards towards a new beginning, but still we hold tales within our hearts.

Sounds like good times! I'll try to make it... If I remember ;O
I can't wait 'till Deathwing tears this whole, paper-thin world apart. Rip it's spine out. Then shove it back up it's ass.

I might be there.
Would love to be there, but I don't think I can make it. :( Still, I hope the turnout is going to be fantastic, and that you will have a lot of fun in the world's final hours.
With 4.0.3 confirmed for tomorrow, all the more reason to give Vanilla WoW one final hurrah!
Character no longer exists.
I'll wander around tonight once I get home from work. I doubt there will be much going on at 1am. I might visit all my favorite places one last time. Then just wander till I get tired or the servers shut down.

I honestly have no idea where I'll log out.

But I'll most likely be alone wherever it is.

One thing I can't find and would like to know is... will there be flying in Azeroth tomorrow?
Sadface.
But I'll most likely be alone wherever it is.

*sniff*
*Offers hand to Shrilinda*
One thing I can't find and would like to know is... will there be flying in Azeroth tomorrow?

Quick summary:

What is not in:
•Creating worgen/goblin characters
•Worgen/Goblin start zones
•Archeology
•Professions past 450 (Illustrious Grand Master)
•Guild leveling
•Guild achievements
•Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor flight
•New Zones (80+)

Quick summary:

What is not in:
•Worgen/Goblin start zones

Actually, you're able to get to Gilneas... it's just like the Scarlet Enclave for non-death knights, though. I.E. up in ruins with absolutely no NPCs.

On-topic: I'll attempt to be there.
I'm so gonna try to be there.
Even if you hate the old world, think of it as a celebration of "good riddance." It's a goodbye party. Doesn't mean it's all fond. I'm sure there are people w ho HATE falling into the random holes in Kalimdor... I blame the trench digger in Darnassus.