Put the pal in paladin?

Wyrmrest Accord

Giant Squids,

I have run out of character slots on Lightninghoof. I've also leveled a priest on WRA horde-side and it hasn't been all that bad. So I'm considering transferring to WRA one of the following two heroines:

a) A human paladin, or

b) A forsaken rogue.

Since I already have a high level horde I'm strongly considering the paladin, which is where you all come in! What are the tropes about paladins that you alliance are sick of? What concepts of paladins do you all feel are woefully unexplored? Where do many paladins jump the shark, and what subversions or aversions of common tropes have you seen work?

Oh yea and it would be cool if someone would sell me on alliance side. I'm guessing that you all have instant PvP queues, but how is the community? Will I have to deal with a lot of homophobia and racism? If you're feeling particularly generous would you mind telling me what you like about alliance side?

World Peace and Puppies,
--Eph

Since I already have a high level horde I'm strongly considering the paladin, which is where you all come in! What are the tropes about paladins that you alliance are sick of? What concepts of paladins do you all feel are woefully unexplored? Where do many paladins jump the shark, and what subversions or aversions of common tropes have you seen work?
1. Human Paladins are heavily overdone, (This is coming from another Human Paladin), if you are going to make it a human, at least make it female, those are a bit rarer.
2. The woefully unexplored bits... probably the biggest one for me would be the non-stereotypical anything-good Paladins. Most of them are the quote and quote, "Good guys", I have not seen enough Paladins who can be serious when needed to, but can relax and have a good time when he is off the battlefield.

Oh yea and it would be cool if someone would sell me on alliance side. I'm guessing that you all have instant PvP queues, but how is the community? Will I have to deal with a lot of homophobia and racism? If you're feeling particularly generous would you mind telling me what you like about alliance side?
We have a pretty good community, welcoming, but before you even touch that create a character button, find a good guild. That is where we shine! And as far as I have seen, we do not have any real homophobia/racism, though I may be wrong. I know the <Ashen Rose> is a GLBT guild, so if you want a community somewhat the same as you, you might want to check them out.

The woefully unexplored bits... probably the biggest one for me would be the non-stereotypical anything-good Paladins. Most of them are the quote and quote, "Good guys", I have not seen enough Paladins who can be serious when needed to, but can relax and have a good time when he is off the battlefield.

Dwarves make the best paladins. They'll fight by your side, tend to your wounds then drink you under the table. A great mix of good-guy and serious/not so serious.

Where do many paladins jump the shark, and what subversions or aversions of common tropes have you seen work?

There's too many paladins who like to call themselves a shade of grey, or are OMG SECRETLY EVIL. You're a defender of the light, start acting like it.

This is the internet, homophobia and racism is everywhere. That being said, eh, it's not bad on Alliance.

Instant pvp queues is a big yes, we don't get stomped as often as we used to now that there's no battlegroups but owning WG is a still a bit of a rarity. Getting better at it, but still not where I'd like it to be.