Why Disallow New Race/Class Combo Changes?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
I know that they are currently saying that you will be allowed to roll the new Race/Class combination's when the Shattering hits, however you won't be able to use the Race change services to switch to the combination's till Cata. For those who will ask the blue post is here.

=====
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1015371759
=====

I would just love to know why. I am just curious as it isn't something that will affect game play, lore, etc. For the most part i it will be purely cosmetic for most, and gets the ball rolling on what I am sure will be insanely long queues because of the ability to swap to Worgens and Goblins on release.

I have my Tabard, Mulgore Hatching, Thunder Bluff Banner, and Kodos. I'm ready to go Blizzard why aren't you!
Deme, stop trolling please.

Unkindness, the only thing I can think of is they want to limit down the stress of the server once 4.0.3a comes out. They will be focusing on making that patch right before allowing people to switch over... or maybe they just haven't coded their databases yet for the change and just made a judgement call?
I would imagine for the same reason they don't allow that on brand-new realms. They want to stop people from changing species just to get a [Realm First] achievement.
I would imagine for the same reason they don't allow that on brand-new realms. They want to stop people from changing species just to get a [Realm First] achievement.

There are no longer Race related realm firsts. There are only Class related. So that wouldn't matter.
Maybe the system that allows changes to those new combos won't go up until the goblin/worgen one does? I dunno how it works.
2 weeks away. It isn't going to kill you to wait. If the Shattering happened months before the release of Cataclysm then maybe you would have a complaint.
Well, first the new race combos occurs after the shattering, its on the PTR at the moment, race changes is disabled because they prefer players to start new characters to experience it as it was intended.

Running through all the zones as a level 80 would get old and boring real fast, besides, i prefer a lovely challenge to levelling, but not too much challenge, the game is meant to be fun after all.

Alot of players now-a-days tend to rush through everything to get to endgame, like its the only thing that matters, granted on most mmos thats true, but it seems Blizzard are trying to give the game more story as you level up, which is quite cool and it just doesn't seem well told if done as a level 80.

I plan to do a Worgen Druid when Cata goes LIVE and when the zones change, i plan to play a Human Pally from scratch.
2 weeks away. It isn't going to kill you to wait. If the Shattering happened months before the release of Cataclysm then maybe you would have a complaint.

I know it won't kill be but I am antsy! :-p. This isn't a I WANT IT NOW post, it is more a question of curiosity. Always loved Taurens, my former main was a Tauren warrior. So I am just a bit excited. Can't blame a me can ya?

The question is because the queue for race changes is going to be pretty awful I am assuming because of the ability to change to Worgens and Goblins right off the bat. At least for me it would make sense to lighten the load on the service/players to start the ball rolling Race changes now, as there will be a lot of them I am sure. Also before it is said, yes I know they probably thought all of these things out, just sharing an opinion.

Well, first the new race combos occurs after the shattering, its on the PTR at the moment, race changes is disabled because they prefer players to start new characters to experience it as it was intended.

Running through all the zones as a level 80 would get old and boring real fast, besides, i prefer a lovely challenge to levelling, but not too much challenge, the game is meant to be fun after all.

Alot of players now-a-days tend to rush through everything to get to endgame, like its the only thing that matters, granted on most mmos thats true, but it seems Blizzard are trying to give the game more story as you level up, which is quite cool and it just doesn't seem well told if done as a level 80.

I plan to do a Worgen Druid when Cata goes LIVE and when the zones change, i plan to play a Human Pally from scratch.

Oh I don't disagree with this, however in the big scheme of things I don't think it really applies. It's not about the rush for me, I plan on checking out all the new starting zones on fresh toons. I'll of course play through the Goblin starting zone when I make my Warlock. This will give me a chance to experience the new zones as they were "intended".
My guess would be that they are trying to limit the load on the servers for the first little while. By only allowing new characters, maybe they hope the servers won't be swamped to the point of crashing.

They're probably just waiting to flip the switch to the Cataclysm race combos when goblins and worgen are available. Do it all at once instead of finagling with the system in the week or two after the shattering and risking more problems.

Because your Tauren Paladin experiences at level 80 are going to differ dramatically from your BE Paladin ones, right? Oh wait, you'll still be doing the same crap for 2 weeks waiting on Cataclysm regardless.
Stress on the system isn't a good argument either, or they wouldn't let you do it the second Cataclysm goes live, which will put a lot more load on the servers. If anything, getting some of them out of the way before Cataclysm would put a lot less stress on the system.
My guess would be that they are trying to limit the load on the servers for the first little while. By only allowing new characters, maybe they hope the servers won't be swamped to the point of crashing.

See I would assume the opposite, front load a bit of the transfers so it isn't forced into the window of one day.
Well, balls. I was planning on doing my race change the moment things shattered so I could get in the queue early and so that waiting for a race change to go into effect wouldn't impact my day 1 play since I'm making a run for some server firsts.

It makes more sense to me (with what little I know) that they'd want to get as many non-Worgen/Goblin race changes out of the way to distribute the load. I mean, sure the Shattering is going to be cool, but it's not going to keep you super busy for 2 weeks, so there's more than enough time in there to wait for a queue to go through.
I personally would like to know the reason why they are just allowing the race change on day 1 of the shattering.

I agree with the notions that it would definitely help to clear up race/faction change traffic by allowing the people who can get their race/class combinations out of the way during the initial two weeks before Cataclysm and hopefully would get people playing what they want to play as quickly and efficiently as possibly.

As for the wanting people to experience the new race/class combinations by leveling them all the up from level one that doesn't make any sense. I don't see how that would "hurt" the experience of allowing these new combinations and with that notion, why even have race changes at all? The whole point of the service is to allow people to play the way they want so why limit something that is going to have them enjoy the class they have already leveled even more.

If they are willing to pay for it, why not just let them do it?
I recall reading a blog where Blizzard implored to the 'millions who asked' that they would allow Race Changes to take place upon Cataclysm's release...

...I think I see a connection here. "Can't change race until Cataclysm begins..." "...you can pay to instantaneously change race for your class as soon as Cataclysm hits."

It either means they want content to begin Dec 7th or they just like your money.

If they are willing to pay for it, why not just let them do it?

True that.
It's possible that they just don't have the feature ready yet and target date is Cata launch.

Also true, just seem simple but what do I know :).