Connected Realms Update - 12/19

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 16 17 18 33 Next
finally its back!!!!

and its up
Coo, while my server hasn't come up yet I'm pretty interested to see what server/servers will merge with Kaelthas.
Took me three tries, but got logged into my main Alliance banker. Looks like everything's there. Too late to log into everyone tonight - I'll check against screenshots tomorrow.

*sigh of relief*
Indeed. Looking forward to the merge with ya'll too. I remember your name in trade chat when I was testing tells on my lvl 1, lol. Hope to see you on the other side! Sooner than later. D:

I'm apparnently one of the resident server priest experts or something, probably one of the more known people from Crushridge that isn't a huge dumb troll lol. I mean I'm a smartass, and sarcastic and stuff but mainly just in fun. I'm also the GM of Winterhearted, a 4/14 Heroic guild Horde side. We have 3 10 man raid groups who are at least 14/14 as well. So it will be very awesome getting to meet and get to know all of you! If they didn't call off the merger :( That will make me a very sad Combatnurse and totally ruin my Winterveil =*(
Malygos server is finally up aaaaaand the wife just got home. *sigh*
Hello Mattriss, I am interested to know your Winterhearted character. I'm Earthfuryx of Contempt. Now GM. Always liked most of your members. I was looking forward to the merger as well. Only time will tell.
I'm apparnently one of the resident server priest experts or something, probably one of the more known people from Crushridge that isn't a huge dumb troll lol. I mean I'm a smartass, and sarcastic and stuff but mainly just in fun. I'm also the GM of Winterhearted, a 4/14 Heroic guild Horde side. We have 3 10 man raid groups who are at least 14/14 as well. So it will be very awesome getting to meet and get to know all of you! If they didn't call off the merger :( That will make me a very sad Combatnurse and totally ruin my Winterveil =*(

At last...acknowledgement of the Crushridge connection issue via BlizzCS' reply to Twitter. https://twitter.com/fayeelisa/status/412756737242849280

It's a start.

Also, it'll be nice to add more raiders to the population. Maybe pugging on alts will be possible, lol. Sounds like you run a pretty large guild. My guild's just our 10m...can't wait to recruit for Mythic raids, lol.
Just throwing this out there. Would sure appreciate a connection with another server(s).
not Moon Guard...
Just throwing this out there. Would sure appreciate a connection with another server(s).
not Moon Guard...

Someone is probably going to pick up Moon Guard. It's big enough that it would prop up a lot of the smaller RP realms.
Hello Mattriss, I am interested to know your Winterhearted character. I'm Earthfuryx of Contempt. Now GM. Always liked most of your members. I was looking forward to the merger as well. Only time will tell.

Oh I'm Combatnurse :) I have about eleventy bajillion alts though I hop around on from time to time.

12/16/2013 05:45 PMPosted by Loverlie

At last...acknowledgement of the Crushridge connection issue via BlizzCS' reply to Twitter. https://twitter.com/fayeelisa/status/412756737242849280

It's a start.

Also, it'll be nice to add more raiders to the population. Maybe pugging on alts will be possible, lol. Sounds like you run a pretty large guild. My guild's just our 10m...can't wait to recruit for Mythic raids, lol.

We have 400 chars, 143 accounts in guild currently. A good chunk of our people are usually only on to raid. It'd be nice to have a few more social people in here for sure. We actually haven't decided what we're going to do for Mythics yet. We're doin them for sure, and we have more than enough to form a group for mythic raiding for sure, but that may leave some people out of a raid spot and I'm not really cool with that. Plus we're all on different raid schedules (although generally speaking we're a late night guild... all of our raid groups start between 7:30pm PST and 8:30pm PST on varying days), and even though everyone in the guild gets along outside of raid, our "raiding personalities" are quite different and I'm not certain the styles would mesh. So we don't know if we're going to form the mythics team(s) in guild, or have each current raid team responsible for deciding if they want to just focus on normal / heroic content, or fill their raid roster for mythics.

But I digress. I'm glad to see it's at least acknowledged. I wonder if they're aware of the extent of the issues? I guess being mainly that the ONLY thing we can do as a "connected set of realms" is whisper? What's up with the characters not existing in the armory for Crushridge? Why can't I post on any of my Crushridge characters? WHY CAN'T I MEET MY NEW FRIENDS ON TEH NEW SERVERS LIKE LOVERLIE!??!?! *sniffle* (sorry I'm bored lol)
Every time I see one of these threads pop up, I get all excited.

Then I look at the list of servers, and then I am sad.

I feel exactly the same way. =/

*sighs and musters up some more patience*

Same here. I had no idea they would join up like a 5 block of realms before even thinking about touching my realm.
Someone is probably going to pick up Moon Guard. It's big enough that it would prop up a lot of the smaller RP realms.

I disagree. Seeing that we saw a realm move datacenters all by itself today (Anvilmar), I'm pretty sure Blizzard will keep Moon Guard and Wyrmrest Accord isolated. After all, Blizzard did say high/full realms were not the target of connected realms.

Plus, many of those other RP realms do not actively RP like MG or WrA. It would be a culture shock to the smaller realms' playerbases, to say the least.
12/16/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Disclosure

I disagree. Seeing that we saw a realm move datacenters all by itself today (Anvilmar), I'm pretty sure Blizzard will keep Moon Guard and Wyrmrest Accord isolated. After all, Blizzard did say high/full realms were not the target of connected realms.

Plus, many of those other RP realms do not actively RP like MG or WrA. It would be a culture shock to the smaller realms' playerbases, to say the least.

*choking to death laughing*

Well put sir....
*choking to death laughing*

RIP :(
Ooh Icecrown is now 'high'. Neat!

NOT neat :(

Ugh. If I'd wanted to play on a high-pop realm I'd have started on one to begin with.
So...this...shadow...that I am now. Yes, I'm a Shadow Priest, but this is a bit much. How long does this affliction stay around after a realm gets merged??
12/16/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Avaiel

NOT neat :(

Ugh. If I'd wanted to play on a high-pop realm I'd have started on one to begin with.

I don't see why it's saying that Icecrown is "high" since the population of Icecrown hasn't actually changed. IC is connected with Maly not merged, so why would the population have changed??

Edit: I suppose I just don't really understand how this connection thing works--not surprising since Blizzard hasn't actually come out and explained all the technical bits, right? Would be nice if they did...just sayin'.
So...this...shadow...that I am now. Yes, I'm a Shadow Priest, but this is a bit much. How long does this affliction stay around after a realm gets merged??

Ages, absolutely ages. The armory should work though.
Not merged? Yes, it is. That's what "connected realm" means.... I'm showing it as "high" as well, on the realms list in game.

[And how do you get an IC posting toon even if shadowed? I still don't have any available....]