With Timeless Isle

General Discussion
Was it Blizzard's intention that we should stop doing LFR altogether and just farm Burdens for better gear on Timeless Isle.

I don't really care about the cloak, so I'm finding myself just hunting and hunting for Burdens for 535 gear, and getting 2 pieces of 553 gear and just upgrading it all with Valor. Without the need for 528 gear from LFR at all.

Is this really what Blizzard intended?
It's an alternative to LFR.
Alternative and a quick catch up for those not geared well or haven't played in a while and are coming back.
Unless you get lucky with the itemization when you use a burden there is a good chance the lower ilevel lfr gear will still be a superior item and you can't use the burdens on all the timeless gear, just the armor pieces.

The TI though lets people catch up ilevel wise to get into LFR or to be able to survive the various AoE's in flex at least.

It's also nice to farm stuff for alts that would struggle otherwise to do stuff on TI until they get the TI gear.
There's a difference between getting 535 with the burdens and getting decent 535 gear with the burdens.

I went through 37 burdens of Eternity to get my two haste/mastery rings most of the rest were so poorly itemized (single stat) and/or repeats that got DE'd immediately, though I did use a pair of hit/mastery ones for a while because those weren't terrible.
blizzard intends to get rid of LFR completely eventually.
so yes
so yes

where did you get that falsehood?
Getting tier sets will be better than TI gear despite the 7 ilvl difference.

The SoO trinkets are far superior as well, by a lot.
so yes

That's simply not true
I was actually looking forward to getting toons to 496 to get into SOO for a chance at 528 gear, and then I thought - why bother. Just get burdens

Well 2 things i can think of.

1. Can't get tier bonuses, good weapons, or cool trinkets from TI.

2. TI gear has the worst stat allocation of all time on them.
I managed to get a burden and a cloak token. I used it to get a new cloak, only to get one with only hit with less total secondary stats.
LFR gear drops often enough... getting burdens takes a long time... why not do LFR between burden hunting??? also some of the set bonus from LFR gear is better than timeless pieces...
Even LFR ToT gear can be better than burden gear from the isle due to itemization, socket bonuses, tier bonuses, and things like trinkets. Yes, you can stay in the isle only to farm burdens to get decked in 535; however, the chance of having all pieces well itemized is rather low, making many burdens wasted.

I once used a burden for shoulders for my holy priest. He got 535 shoulders with only Stam/Int/Spi, and they barely had more spirit than a piece with double secondaries. Keeping my 496 shoulders with Spi/Mastery was a better option.
so yes

'

His own delusional mind, I guess. I don't see blue text or any indication that this bozo knows Blizzard's future intentions.

LFR is fine in infrequent doses. There are weapon upgrades, pets, valor to upgrade your gear, other stuffs.

Timeless is fine for short visits too. Lots to do there. But Murphy's Law is in full effect there - if you don't need Burdens, you'll get gobs. If you can still use them, never drops. Unless the drop rate is tied to how many you got account-wide.

Only wish I can send Burdens to my alts. And the bigger bag achievement to be account-wide too.
so yes

That would be a no.

Back on topic. Unless you really get lucky and get some good stats on it, many times the lower ilevel LFR gear is better due to stat allotment and having gems on it. I noticed that my fully TI geared lock did nowhere near what he should be doing for dps due to having very low mastery. Once I started getting ToT pieces to replace the TI gear (I hadn't used a burden because he was unlucky and never got one and when I did for Kaeil here, I got gear with all mastery, better ilevel, but at the cost of a lot of crit and that is bad) did he start to actually do better dps.

So while it is great to try to fill in pieces for bad RNG, I wouldn't say it was better, but it is another avenue for people to get gear should they not want to do LFR.

'

His own delusional mind, I guess. I don't see blue text or any indication that this bozo knows Blizzard's future intentions.

LFR is fine in infrequent doses. There are weapon upgrades, pets, valor to upgrade your gear, other stuffs.

Timeless is fine for short visits too. Lots to do there. But Murphy's Law is in full effect there - if you don't need Burdens, you'll get gobs. If you can still use them, never drops. Unless the drop rate is tied to how many you got account-wide.

Only wish I can send Burdens to my alts. And the bigger bag achievement to be account-wide too.

which is why I'm leveling my lock to go there. Maybe he will get the missing pieces of leather for this guy. Since this guy has gotten two complete head to toe sets of cloth for other toons.... :)
Timeless isle is excellent for filling in those spots you just aren't getting in LFR/Flex, unless of course they're weapons or trinkets.

I also like that you get a decent amount of valor from the daily & weekly quest. I like to preload (have quests ready to turn in) the toon I'm going to VP cap on first and starting with 250vp from timeless isle is huge.