Gem choices for Destro PvP

Warlock
For a red slot, I'm torn between 160 intellect vs. 80 intellect + 160 mastery.
For a blue slot, I generally use the 160 hit + 160 mastery.
For a yellow slot, I would use a +320 mastery.

Now I have two questions:

1. For a red slot, could someone please tell me which one would be more beneficial?

2. I've seen people gem for straight +320 mastery regardless of the slot color. Because many slot bonuses are PvP Power bonuses, would it be better to simply neglect the bonus and gem straight for mastery?

Again, this is for PvP!

Thank you for any input! :)
I believe 1 point of int isn't as beneficial as 2 points of mastery, so it is better to go 80 int + 160 mastery. At least, that is how I'm doing it.

PvP Power being a last priority doesn't mean it doesn't help. I would say continue to go for your slot bonuses. Hit usually just means more mastery to reforge, and the difference between mastery and int is small enough so that I can't imagine you'd be better off doing 320+ mastery to lose out on PvP Power.
Red: Int + Mastery
Blue: Hit + Mastery
Yellow: Mastery or Spirit
I get pvpp set bonuses, other than that straight mastery.
I figure I have pvpp meta, pvpp from trinkets, pvpp on weapon so might as well squeeze it out where I can.
Int/mastery red
Hit/mastery blue

Explain? Is this a troll or is this viable?
LoL spirit. The force is strong with that one.

I don't think it's possible for me to /facepalm any harder at you.

Edit: Oh god there are two of you.
12/17/2013 07:40 AMPosted by Skillswap

Explain? Is this a troll or is this viable?

You need to stack lots of spirit to keep your chin-up after your Chaos Bolt gets interrupted 3 times and then reflected back in your face.
12/17/2013 07:48 AMPosted by Denter

I don't think it's possible for me to /facepalm any harder at you.

Edit: Oh god there are two of you.

Please explain.
I seriously don't know what hes talking about..lol

And I wasn't talking down to Thug, I know hes a real good player....Thats why I asked.

Get off your high horse, Denter.

Elitist dirtbag.
Spirit hasnt been viable for warlocks since wrath and if my memory serves me it was the only time it was viable. So yeah thug is trolling.
I seriously don't know what hes talking about..lol

And I wasn't talking down to Thug, I know hes a real good player....Thats why I asked.

Get off your high horse, Denter.

Elitist dirtbag.

He was trolling, moron. It was a joke.

Don't get your panties in a twist over it.

Edit: The only reason I called you a moron is because of how serious you took that.

Edit 2: Heres a fun activity for you to try out. Click on your character portrait to go to your armory. Then go down to your stats, click to expand them all, and hover over spirit.
I don't need to learn anything, I actually thought that was maybe the name (shortened) of some pve or pvp gems I hadn't looked at. I knew if he actually meant spirit he was trolling.

Try not to be so condescending and rude.

Funny part about this. If Thugonomicz actually regemmed spirit just for giggles, there are thousands of Warlocks who would probably buy out every spirit gem on the auction house.
I don't need to learn anything, I actually thought that was maybe the name (shortened) of some pve or pvp gems I hadn't looked at. I knew if he actually meant spirit he was trolling.

Try not to be so condescending and rude.

I don't know if I should take you seriously or not

Either way i'm sorry you got upset. Was just a joke
It's a new movement that is gaining momentum all over the internet.

It's called; Stop being a douchebag to everyone just because you can.
It's a new movement that is gaining momentum all over the internet.

It's called; Stop being a douchebag to everyone just because you can.

Brought to you by the same people who started "Don't be so sensitive over the internet"
I'm saddened you won't join us yet.

It will come, with time.
k feel better have a nice day
12/17/2013 08:18 AMPosted by Denter

Funny part about this. If Thugonomicz actually regemmed spirit just for giggles, there are thousands of Warlocks who would probably buy out every spirit gem on the auction house.

I wouldnt say thousands. But yeah funny how people emulate rank 1 people when alot of them gem in a way that most cannot pull off. Azaels comes to mind...seeing a newbie gem that much haste would be funny to see.