Enchants enchants enchants! Heirlooms?

General Discussion
Okay, so question!

So now that high level enchants are available to heirlooms but are just scaled to fit their level, my question is... as your character levels, do the enchants scale higher? Or do I need to essentially "refresh" my scaled enchants every 10 levels? Does this apply as well to the leg and shoulder enchants? What if I move one set of heirloom gear to a new character, does my enchants disappear when mailed to another character, or do they just scale back to that new characters level and stay on the armor? What if I enchant heirlooms and send them across realm? I'd love to hear some feedback on this and here what you guys have figured out.
i believe they scale at the start of each expansion's beginning level.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?pli=1&key=0AnBPvCvqWJ3udENtVlVmcjA4Q3ZQWmZKWHE3c201UXc&f=true&noheader=true&gid=17
Enchants will scale as your character levels. Also they will stay if you mail them to another character. I recently mailed gear from one server to another and the enchants stayed.
Read the doc from post #2 to really understand what each enchant will do for you at which levels, but here are some general rules.

MoP enchants don't reach full power until your character is level 86. Since most BoA's only go to level 85 there isn't much point to use MoP enchants on things other than the fact they are cheaper by virtue of being current.

Whatever enchant was current for the content is usually the best for that level range. 1-60 Crusader is best for strength classes, but it's outdated as soon as you level to 61. Similarly Mongoose is best for Agi users from 61-70.
so here's a new question! How about xmogging? and transferring realms as well?

If you mail an heirloom that is transmogged it will lose its appearance.

Sending heirlooms cross-realm will make them lose their appearance, but will NOT make them lose their enchant.
Do the shoulder enchants not make the item soulbound anymore?

they will for standard gear. heirlooms won't soulbind to a specific character no matter what enchantments you put on them
12/23/2013 08:31 AMPosted by Melaroi

If you mail an heirloom that is transmogged it will lose its appearance.

Sending heirlooms cross-realm will make them lose their appearance, but will NOT make them lose their enchant.

God I love the warrior gold CM armor...

/salute

Not with respect to heirlooms anyhow. And I can confirm that the Therazane rep enchants from Cataclysm will work for lowbies, even though it says "must be exalted" on the item text.

I love the Therazane shoulder enchants on my low level heirlooms. As per my post above they work great because they reach max potential at level 81-85 and by the time you hit 86 you have them replaced with quest gear.

Edit:

/salute

Thanks Boss! It looks way better in game, these weapons don't show Dancing Steel and I have the fiery charge and enrage glyphs. Now if only the cloak didn't proc blue wings :)
they will for standard gear. heirlooms won't soulbind to a specific character no matter what enchantments you put on them

Don't suppose this applies to the leg enchants via leg armor patch thing from leather working / tailoring?
12/23/2013 08:43 AMPosted by Honorbound

Don't suppose this applies to the leg enchants via leg armor patch thing from leather working / tailoring?

leg enchants won't cause an heirloom pants to bind to a single character. the LW/tailoring embossments can be applied to heirlooms, but the bonus won't activate if the character wearing the heirloom isn't a LW/tailor of appropriate level, which is mentioned right there in the tool tip. this also would apply to the scribe-specific shoulder enchants as well

/salute

Thanks Boss! It looks way better in game, these weapons don't show Dancing Steel and I have the fiery charge and enrage glyphs. Now if only the cloak didn't proc blue wings :) [/quote]

aye lol, the cloak can get a little stale with the effect, but the powah!

I think my team wants to run CM's again.. as my priest is done I think ima take my fury warrior in next. I def think that warrior/warlock have the best looking sets.. with priest in 3rd!