Okay, seriously. Time skip?

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 17 Next
It's not a time warp or a time jump. It's been that long. You've been doing NOTHING since the Lich King fell.

In a story, you don't tell everyone you've been farming the prime villain for the last six months.

There's a passage of time. Things settled down, then heated up between the Horde and Alliance. Gnomes regained their homeland, elementals, now Death Wing.

I just showed you that there is indeed a time jump. Right now it is year 28 in the game. When we come back it will be year 30. What more do you need? haha

Exactly! Thank you!

Year 28 is the Shattering

Year 30 is what we see in game afterwards.
Between today and tomorrow, Cata falls. Is there supposed to be a time skip in the lore? I -really- would like an answer to this, for RP intents and purposes. Will we have to change our storylines? I can't see why the shattering would happen and then, suddenly, poof, we're months in the future. =\ There's a lot to be done between now and then...

Anyone? Blue, maybe?

Anduin has aged into a young man of 14 or 15. He was around age 8 before. Use that as your roleplay basis. Since there hasn't been any real time progression in game for the last six years this just catches us up where we should be.
Between today and tomorrow, Cata falls. Is there supposed to be a time skip in the lore? I -really- would like an answer to this, for RP intents and purposes. Will we have to change our storylines? I can't see why the shattering would happen and then, suddenly, poof, we're months in the future. =\ There's a lot to be done between now and then...

Anyone? Blue, maybe?

Months into the future? Not quite. There's been a progression within the game as well however slight that may have seemed to you. That said though, the book The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm has a lot of information, the mini-site Your Fortune Awaits gives some hints about the goings on, and the in game events likewise should be great lead ins for the Shattering and beyond. We also have a little something else that we hope to post for you all that should help bridge the distance a bit more.

There also has to be a certain amount of suspension of disbelief. After all, we've spent a lot of time in the old world without it changing all that much, but time was marching on anyway. We're just playing a little catch-up and hope that it makes some semblance of sense to you. Keep in mind, as much as we have been working to integrate more of the story into the game in a seamless manner, we also still need to make sure that what we're offering via gameplay is fun and makes sense as well. We hope you will enjoy the end results.

Anyone? Blue, maybe?

lore?

ony came back to life after cutting her head off, i think lore went out the window a while ago.

"A wizard did it."

The end.
Why do people keep saying that Vanilla only lasted a year?

Because it did. RL does not equal in game time. Look at the timeline on the old WoW website. It was linked in this thread already.

The events IN GAME between Vanilla and TBC were 1 year.
people are treating this game like it is some out of the box game like Zelda, God of War, or Prince of Persia. You can't see events unfold in real time like those game because if they did then you would kill Onyxia once and she would be no more. Blizzard posters have said it several times as well as smart players - you just don't see it like you want to see it. There's a little reading between the lines that has to be done.
It's just a jump to the left.

I. love. you.

Let's do the timewarp agaaaaaaaaain

Because it did. RL does not equal in game time. Look at the timeline on the old WoW website. It was linked in this thread already.

My bad, didn't want to read 12 pages of people sadfacing over inconsequential gaps in a fantasy RPG.

Months into the future? Not quite. There's been a progression within the game as well however slight that may have seemed to you. That said though, the book The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm has a lot of information, the mini-site Your Fortune Awaits gives some hints about the goings on, and the in game events likewise should be great lead ins for the Shattering and beyond. We also have a little something else that we hope to post for you all that should help bridge the distance a bit more.

There also has to be a certain amount of suspension of disbelief. After all, we've spent a lot of time in the old world without it changing all that much, but time was marching on anyway. We're just playing a little catch-up and hope that it makes some semblance of sense to you. Keep in mind, as much as we have been working to integrate more of the story into the game in a seamless manner, we also still need to make sure that what we're offering via gameplay is fun and makes sense as well. We hope you will enjoy the end results.

I'm hoping to have a definitive answer soon, so my characters can have a timeline to go on. For example, Kennis has two children, twins who were born shortly after the initial Northrend expedition. Going by this timeline, they ought to be toddlers now - but how old?
Dunno if this was mentioned, but it sure looks like some people in this thread haven't seen Rocky Horror.
The flows of magic are whimsickle today.

Anyone? Blue, maybe?

Thank you for providing an actual useful response to this question. +1 community managing.

My bad, didn't want to read 12 pages of people sadfacing over inconsequential gaps in a fantasy RPG.

Instead you'll just heckle people who are interested in something you're not over the Internet because it makes you feel better about yourself?

No, I'll just ask a question and then get a sassy answer and retort thusly.

Anyone? Blue, maybe?

lore?

ony came back to life after cutting her head off, i think lore went out the window a while ago.

Much like people, dragons can grow their heads back when they are cut off.
It's just a jump to the left.

I think I love you.