Ret is really boring now :((PVP)

Paladin
Post Limit:
The changes to ret in 4.0 and CAT has actually made ret more boring than it's been since vanilla WOW. It's almost as bad as autoattack + AFK with a seal. Why did blizzard delete all the fun things about ret, and attempt to make it into a warrior that's missing 99.99% of the things that make a warrior a warrior(Gap closer, snare, lots of melee abilities, etc).

Cleansing magic from my allies to remove CC, dots, etc, Divine sacing to protect healers/party members, HOFing stuns off my healers/dps, AOWing FOL to keep myself alive and others, all these things were removed, why? These are the things that made ret FUN, that made ret UNIQUE, that made ret USEFUL. Without these, we are useless, and crap, any other spec of paladin brings the same things we do. Do ret paladins really want to be a fake warrior? I don't understand the class design that blizzard is going for at all, it went from a really fun hybrid defensive support melee, to a crappy as hell warrior wannabe. ; ;

Offensive dispels also completely cripple the spec as well, we have no dispel protection at all, and everything we can do can be instantly removed, with as many offensive dispelling classes there are right now(why does spellsteal exist btw?) we're completely screwed.

I basically hit 2 buttons now, then a random button everytime I gain 3 HP, or when something procs. Woohoo, how fun!..not. To add to this, we've lost all our survivability, and have less survivability than almost any other class in the game in PVP. I see no reason to play ret over prot, prot is exactly what ret was before, except a ton better.
having loads of HP for WoG is soo aweful, completely useless in a mana limited high health pool environment.
having loads of HP for WoG is soo aweful, completely useless in a mana limited high health pool environment.

OOOOOOh
I c wut u did tharr

Too bad WoG is terrible at 85 for ret and the only talent that even makes it good at 80 is getting nerfed tomorrow.
all heals are 'terrible' at 85

it's being nerfed because it as stands it's OP