Gearing for Raids in Pandaria - Enhancement

Shaman
Prev 1 17 18 19 21 Next
good info
Great guide!
which trinket would be better to use for now until i get BiS. DMC Hurricane or The Hungerer.
Hungerer, but only take it if there are no hunters, rogues, or feral druids who'd use it in your group. It is much better for them.
For trinket selection, I currently have Fluid Death. What would then be the next best selection?

Unsolvable Riddle, Tia's Grace, Ricket's Magnetic Fireball, or Quicksilver Alchemist's Stone?

Thanks so much for the help, great guide btw.
Does anybody know if spell main hands are going to be BiS in firelands cause everywhere says that it might be viable to get the axe off of alysrazor but they are waiting to test it out.

and if i were you i would go with Unsolvable riddle or Tia's Grace its up to you
@Tizorz: The Eye of Purification is better than Gatecrashers because of the 2.4 speed, although you need 100% uptime on a target, and you have to change your priority a bit. Pretty sure the hammer from Rag is also better than Gatecrashers.

Something worth noting on the weapons listed. A strength weapon will almost never be better than an agi weapon, unless you're going from 359's to the 378 obsidium cleavers, and even then, you're only gaining around 100 weapon damage when you factor in that str only gives you half the AP that agi does.

I upgraded my Claw of Torment to an Obsidium Cleaver, and saw such a small gain, it made me wish I had sent it to my frost DK that I hardly ever play.
For trinket selection, I currently have Fluid Death. What would then be the next best selection?

Unsolvable Riddle, Tia's Grace, Ricket's Magnetic Fireball, or Quicksilver Alchemist's Stone?

Thanks so much for the help, great guide btw.

Tia's Grace and Fluid Death are the best before FL trinkets.
i would like to know if Obsidium cleaver would benefit me in any way, or if its not even worth getting. because i know i'm probably not going to get gate crasher or EoP any time soon. but i would still like to maximize my dps. if there are any other things wrong with my spec or gear that you could tell me, it would be great.
Obsidium Cleavers would be decent upgrades for you.

Gear - I'd suggest replacing the Mastery gem in your helm with an Agi+Mastery (Adept).
I'd also suggest trying to stay away from gear with both haste and crit on it, like your ring, but that's fairly minor. It's probably roughly equal to the rep and justice rings.

For spec, I'd suggest:

PvE - http://wowtal.com/#k=DGLRCGX89.b0w.shaman. No real freedom here.

PvP - http://wowtal.com/#k=4knaKtnmG.b0w.shaman. or some variation of that.. but I'm not a PvP Enhancement expert. There are more builds and some more freedom here depending on what exactly you're doing. Some prefer getting Reverberation instead of Focused Insight, and some prefer more Elemental Devastation instead of Toughness. At any rate, stay away from Seasoned Winds.
Has helped me a lot!
Ash, do you have plans to make a pre-raid gearing for Elemental guide?

(Ask because I notice you're spec'd into Elemental atm)
HAH

I suppose I could, it'll take a few days though. Enhance will always be my favored spec, but Elemental (which I also enjoy) fits the group I'm currently raiding with on this character far better.
How does the updated brewfest trinket factor in now, Coren's Chilled Chromium Coaster?

I know that crit isn't the most favorable stat, but does the proc make up for it (along with reforging the crit)?
It's not all that great. The attack power has about 17% up time, so it works out to be around the value of 270 agility. In other words, it's better than most blues, but pretty much every epic agility trinket available (as well as Tia's Grace, Key to the Endless Chamber, and Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor) will come out ahead.

Simming using the best-in-slot agility main hand profile here...

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t113391-enhancement_bis_gear_set_up_discussion_4_2_onward/

...resulted in a 500 dps loss if you replace VPLC with it.
hey i tried looking on EJ and a few other forums, cant seem to get the answer i need. I picked up the hungerer last nite, and was wondering is it an upgrade to one of the two trinkets i have now which are DMC: Hurricane and Fluid death. I know it's not an upgrade over FD, but DMC: Hurricane I think it may be. Any thoughts.
pretty much you want to keep FD and get rid of the hungerer even tho its still not that good for us.
and did anybody else read the blue notes saying that caster weaps are no longer going to be good for us.
This has helped me greatly in gearing up as a enhance shaman, thank you very much for posting this info.