The Daily After Thread[11.24.10]

Wyrmrest Accord
Ah, Wednesday. Just a normal Wednesday, like any other. Except for the smoke pouring in through my window, the cries of pain and shrieks of terror of the people fleeing from a giant, crazed Dragon Aspect, and the new updates to my workplace in Brill!

I've been doing some research on the reaction to the changes present in 4.0.3a, and you would not BELIEVE the outcry from the population. Mostly on one topic: Portals.

As I'm sure you've all seen, the portals are gone from Shattrath and Dalaran, having been replaced by class trainers (PRAISES BE) and new Auction Houses. I, personally, am excited to see people getting back to Orgrimmar and RPing there as they use it for a travel hub. But there's over 70 pages of back and forth banter going on in that thread! So, I want to hear what you all have to say.

TOPIC OF THE DAY: What's YOUR opinion of the portals from Dalaran and Shattrath being removed? Good? Bad? Inconvenient? Or encouraging of more RP elsewhere? Speak up!
I'm glad they're gone. Really, everything players could have needed while levelling in those areas (trainers, AH, banks) are in those cities, so they don't need to travel back, and the old cities now have portals to the new 80+ areas.

As for RP, I think it's great. More people will be hanging out in capital cities now, and Random RP will be far easier to find.

HOWEVER. I would assume bored people would also be hanging out in these cities, and there is a good chance we may see a rise in RP griefing. Just a thought.
The Shatt and Dal portals really reminded me of the SoE error with the Plane of Knowledge... Basically, as soon as that went in, the regular world became a ghost town.

It was also a slap in the face for the mages and druids who made fair coin on transporting folks around.

Yeah, it's a little inconvenient to have to wrangle a mage to get to the 60-70 and 70-80 areas, but I don't see that as a problem.
Pfft. Back in my day, we had to hoof it to the cities! Us night elves had to RUN through wetlands at low levels in hope that we dont get eaten by aligators! Druids even had to swim through fatigue waters to get our totally not awesome sea cow form.

Or those taurens that had to walk for miles through the barrens to get to durotar.

They will take their portalless life and like it!

*old night elf cane shake*
Pfft. Back in my day, we had to hoof it to the cities! Us night elves had to RUN through wetlands at low levels in hope that we dont get eaten by aligators! Druids even had to swim through fatigue waters to get our totally not awesome sea cow form.

Or those taurens that had to walk for miles through the barrens to get to durotar.

They will take their portalless life and like it!

*old night elf cane shake*

I actually remember that run from Orgrimmar to Thunder Bluff, JUST to train guns...
I enjoy it, Orgrimmar looks awesome now anyway.

...But man, holidays involving finding certain race/class combos of the other side is gonna be a biatch now. At least in Dalaran there were all in one place. >.<
As a mage -

I think its good, people need to spread back out of one or two cities and into the world. Mage portals aren't a regular thing, they're useful, they're meant to be useful. Now, up the hearth to a 1hr 30 min cd and we'll be good.

As an explorer -

I think its good, it makes people go and see the world again, and explore.

As a regular player -

its good, dalaran no longer lags. shattrath no longer lags.
I'm all for it personally I always liked going out an exploring rather then just staying hidden in a city all day. i just hope this helps branch rp a bit out in the world rather then having a central rp hub like we've been having.