Removing *SOME* CC in WoD

Arenas
Prev 1 5 6 7 13 Next
One thing I would request regarding any damage and CC adjustments is to have a "switch" of sorts enabled (and I know it's possible, due to damage formula and diminishing return differences in PvP for some abilities) so that the adjustments do not hinder PvE in any way and are only active when engaged in PvP and/or against other players. Such as "Damage reduced against players" or "duration reduced against players" or even "does not work against players" - I've noticed some abilities have these, or similar, tags in them, so I know it can be enabled for more than just some abilities.
I don't mind if time is taken to re-adjust current abilities so that there are differing formulas when using abilities against players or against standard enemies, but I believe that PvE and PvP should not affect each other. An ability should not receive nerfs or buffs to its PvP or PvE capability due to imbalanced in the other area of use. Rework the formulas, adjust as necessary, enable some variables and switches. Yes, in programming, it takes a while - but if the time is taken to ensure balance, (most) everyone wins and is happy in the long run.
http://www.twitch.tv/watchmeblink1/b/493640698

3 hours 39 mins

That's all you need to know about me.

Lol, um dude anyone can send that link claiming its them. Get on your actual toon and post...

http://www.twitch.tv/watchmeblink1/b/493640698 see look that's me guys! Im pro!

3 hours 39 mins

Lol, um dude anyone can send that link claiming its them. Get on your actual toon and post...

That is actually me ;/

I'm permabanned on my mainaccount

3 hours 39 mins

Yeah man thats him. Kithras. He is banned, lol.
I can confirm that is not him

I play with the real kithras and hes a multi 2k+ ret pally and my best friend on this game.

don't buy into trolls :)
I can confirm that is not him

I play with the real kithras and hes a multi 2k+ ret pally and my best friend on this game.

don't buy into trolls :)

Zortar trolling me so hard
01/09/2014 03:02 PMPosted by Ritã
OOMing from Emancipate is not likely since one judgement restores the mana back and you have Hand of Freedom and Arcane Torrent

You really have no clue what you're talking about. Arcane torrent restores, what, 2% of your maximum mana? HoF is -utility- that isn't always used to help the paladin reach his target, and they're only going to have one charge if they're running Unbreakable Spirit. Freedom is also dispellable, and keeping someone clean of buffs is really easy in Mists since there's so few trash buffs.

No, OOMing from Emancipate is definitely a thing. It happens to my ret often, and I should know. I play with a ret all the time. 100% of my 3s games this season were played as ret/mage.

01/09/2014 03:02 PMPosted by Ritã
You're the one who said Warrios have less cc than monks and still ignoring the fact you were wrong.

Right. Let's compare:

Monks:
Untrinketable aimed AoE stun (25 sec CD)
AoE 5 second stun (45 sec CD)
Paralysis (15 sec CD)
Spammable snare that turns into a root
15 sec CD interrupt with a 2 sec blanket silence

Warriors:
Aimed AoE stun (40 sec CD)
Single-target 4 second stun (30 sec CD)
Fear (90 sec CD)
Spammable snare
15 sec CD interrupt, and 40 sec CD AoE interrupt

I dunno, the CC seems pretty comparable to eachother. I suppose we could count charge stun as CC, too, but the stun is so short it's fairly negligible, especially since charge is primarily used for mobility.

I wouldn't say warrior CC is what makes them better than monks currently in 3s. I think they're both good in their own respects, even if monks aren't as represented. Warriors are arguably better since they fit with the current style of gameplay when playing with a hunter, which usually involves using most of your offensive CDs really early. But, monks also bring great utility, and have more outs.

Are warriors better? Probably, but class representation doesn't indicate how good or bad a class is. Monks definitely aren't bad.
if you put cudi in front of your name you would be like kid cudi
Can you remove psychic scream please? Instant aoe abilities are a huge problem.
01/09/2014 01:50 PMPosted by Lore
More then anything please tell me you guys are considering cooldowns on the three spammable CCs in the game right now which is Fear, Cyclone, and Polymorph. These three CCs completely break the game when two or more are present on the same team.

We're considering lots of things :) Feedback is appreciated, I can bring it up. We may end up disagreeing, but we'll seriously consider any suggestions.

As long as these changes only affect a player while in a arena !
To make it game wide just totally suxx.
if you put cudi in front of your name you would be like kid cudi

cudi in front of your name

kid cudi

in front
01/09/2014 01:50 PMPosted by Lore
More then anything please tell me you guys are considering cooldowns on the three spammable CCs in the game right now which is Fear, Cyclone, and Polymorph. These three CCs completely break the game when two or more are present on the same team.

We're considering lots of things :) Feedback is appreciated, I can bring it up. We may end up disagreeing, but we'll seriously consider any suggestions.

I have full confidence the Blizzard team will make the best choices in the end. I know what is fun for some isn't fun for others or the majority of players, but I ask that you please consider what CCs you've given to each class in this. Diminishing Returns are great and I totally support the idea of CC having a smaller base of DR to pull from to minimize prolonged loss of character control. But when some classes have several forms of CC or several abilities to break CC, it's unfair to penalize the classes that only have 1 or maybe 2 CC options. Point in case, fear. Yes that spell has been borrowed from Warlocks and given to other classes, but it's really the only CC locks have. Sure we can talent a 3 second stun or an instant 3 second horror affect, but if some ridiculous CD was put on fear to say 30 seconds, you've effectively negated that ability at all.

I have up on arenas because in at least 2v2 (I know, no one cares about 2v2) it became about removing player control for 10 seconds and burning down that one opponent. Fear is essentially useless against classes like a Warrior or Rogue because they can instantly get out of it and lock the player out of further action.

I think reducing the DR pool and the options of CC breakers would be a good idea. PvP should reward skill, not ability to spam class abilities.
BRO, chill okay

ps: hes a rappper not a lyrical genius chill
cutting CC/interrupt/silences in this game a ton will help reduce the gigantic amount of bot/hack usage in pvp right now

it is simply too easy to let bot/hack programs carry you to success because of the large volume of cc/silence/interrupts some spec/classes can chain together 80% of the match. Even if automated it still takes away from the skillful "choice" of when to use things because simply blanketing the opposing team in cc/silence/interrupts as much as possible is very viable up to pretty high ratings.

even better would be if Bliz could figure out how to ban anyone using that crap but these things didn't become such an obscene problem until all of the overlapping cc/silence/interrupts in MOP that made it so viable to just automate it.
Not all classes have too much CC. Monks only have two stuns, and only one if they don't spec to the other. Yes we have a "sap" but honestly, it breaks on damage, has a 15 sec cd, and last 3-4 secs, so its not really a big "plus" Classes like a Warrior have way too MANY ccs for the amount of damage they can put out. Fear and non-stop stuns is not needed for a plate class that has such a high amount of damage plus high amount of defenses. Fear from Warlocks is also a pretty pain in the !@#, its like non-stop, then add Shivarra's/Succubus's sleep that doesn't share DR. Lastly Rogue's Kidney Shot is bull$%^-. 8 second stun???????? I think they should just make ALL fears,stuns, and charms share DR, or take some away from some classes.

Monk has:

15 sec cd Sap Baseline

25 Sec cd Aoe Stun baseline

Silence Baseline

spammable Root Baseline

Can talent into another Aoe Stun

Warriors have:

Fear Baseline

Talent roots (one sacrifices mobility, the other breaks if you sneeze on the target so neither are used really)
D Shout which is actually what people choose

Talented Aoe Stun

Talented Ranged Stun

So really you wanna say wars have more cc?
Interesting idea to pick between dps talents and cc talents, that will not only tone down cc in a way, but also tone down the burst that has been making PvP more and more unpleasant.
One other thing I just mentioned on [url="https://twitter.com/devolore/status/421396636523184128"]Twitter[/url] that I'd like to bring up here as well -- we're also planning on having fewer DR categories (and thus, more shared DR's) in WoD. Again, still in development, anything can change, but that's what we're looking at.

So I just started PvP'ing again for the first time since the middle of Lich King. I am pretty casual though and prefer the craziness of random Battle Grounds and just seeing how long I can keep a random DPS alive (or even sometimes myself). I freely admit that I still have lots to learn and am by no means an expert at this part of the game. Just sharing some personal experiences for possible consideration.

I have the HUD turned on for CC abilities; you know the one that counts down the duration of whatever CC you are under? Well, that allows me to get a very good idea of how long I'm under the effects of a CC ability.

Admittedly, this has only happened two or three times, but I have experienced periods of 15 seconds or more of not having control of my character. Fifteen seconds of being unable to move, react, or otherwise make a difference to what was going on around me while our opponents mercilessly slaughtered the people I had been trying to heal. Even with trinket usage I have been immediately CC'd again for anywhere between 6 and 12 seconds.

Fewer DR categories would be nice, but don't make it impossible for DPS to get kills, that is just as frustrating for the people on the other side of my monitor! I want to have a chance at being able to keep people alive, but I also want my opponent to have a chance to get their kill. A little back and forth and some close calls are nice either way, makes for a more fun and exciting experience (at least for me).

3 hours 39 mins

That IS him.
Interesting idea to pick between dps talents and cc talents, that will not only tone down cc in a way, but also tone down the burst that has been making PvP more and more unpleasant.

Its kinda like that now with warrior talents yet cc is picked over burst.

BS and Dr do more damage then Swave but you can control the entire team with Swave.

Avatar/BB are obviously more damage then Sb but being able to stun enemy healer at range or peel for your teammate without leaving your kill target and still having a stun for the KT is huge and more valuable then avatar or BB.

It would be better overall for the game is cc was put with cc and damage was put with damage.
It would be better overall for the game is cc was put with cc and damage was put with damage.