[A] Guide for "Squirrels" and "Pest Control"

Achievements
I started in Scholomance, you can start whereever, this is a quick guide to grab all the four achievements without massive running around and backtracking
Without attempting this achievement, Larva, Rat, Spider, and Maggot can all be found inside of Naxx. I had them before, so I am not listing other locations for this
REMEMBER, YOU CAN COMPLETE TO ALL THE SQUIRRELS WHO SHARED MY LOVE BEFORE TO ALL THE SQUIRRELS I'VE LOVED BEFORE, YOU JUST CANNOT GET THE ACHIEVEMENT TIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE FIRST PART (at least it worked for me)

Scholomance (Western Plaguelands): (nb: requires skeleton key to enter)
-The Invasion of Draenor (this book (couldn't find it) is very easy to find really, just jump down to the left as soon as you walk in, and it's on a little ledge as you face away from the instance entrance)
-The Founding of Quel'Thala
Scholomance Reliquary
-Icecrown and the Frozen Throne
-Kel'Thuzad and the Forming of the Scourge
-Kil'jaeden and the Shadow Pact
-Sargeras and the Betrayal
-The Birth of the Lich King
-The Dark Portal and the fall of Stormwind
-The Lich King Triumphant
-The Scourge of Lordaeron
-The Seven Kingdom
-War of the Spider
Just past the Chamber of Summons
-Old Hatreds - The Colonization of Kalimdor
-Rise of the Blood Elves

From Scholo, head to Ironforge

Ironforge:
Books in Hall of Explorers (69.19):
-Arathor and the Troll Wars
-Charge of the dragonflights
-Civil war in the plaguelands
-Ironforge: the awakening of the Dwarves
-Rise of the Horde
-The Alliance of Lordaeron
-The Battle of Grim Batol
-The Old Gods and the Ordering of Azeroth
-War of the Three Hammers
You can find rats here in Ironforge, so /love while you are here, than kill the rat if you still need it for the achievement.
From here, I flew to Loch Modan, found a Ram just outside the FP, and /love that too.
Head to searing gorge, find a Fire Beetle, kill it, theres one around the Thorium Point dwarves, head down to the lava pit just south of the Flightpath, and /love a Lava Crab, even if you are not on the second part of To All The Squirrels Who Shared my Love, it will count it towards your achievement when you complete To All the Squirrels I've loved before.

You can head out to stormwind, and grab all these books
Stormwind:
Royal Library in Stormwind Keep (75.31):
-Aegwynn and the Dragon Hunt
-Aftermath of the Second War
-Beyond the Dark Portal
-Civil War in the Plaguelands
-The Guardians of Tirisfal
-The Kaldorei and the Well of Eternity
-The New Horde
The Park District in the Inn (36.72)
-The War of the Ancients
By Nara Meideros (priest trainer) in the Park District (35.63)
-The World Tree and the Emerald Dream
After leaving stormwind, go outside the city and /love Cat, Fawn, Deer, Chicken(or westfall), Rabbit and a Sheep. Squirrels can also be found sometimes here, or in Stormwind, but I didn't see any.

Westfall: Westfall inn (aka Sentinel Hill Inn)(52.53)
-The Last Guardian
Once here at westfall, find a Mouse, and kill it, and if you were unable to get a Chicken in stormwind, get one here

Fly over to Lakeshire, than ride over to Eastvale logging camp
Eastvale Logging Camp, Elwynn Forest: Second floor of building behind Marshal Haggard (85.69)
-Lethargy of the Orcs

From Eastvale, head back to Lakeshire, and take a Flightpath to either Nethergarde Keep or Darkshire, and head to Swamp of Sorrows. You can find a scalawag frog(/love it), Toad(/love it), Huge toad(/love it), and Moccasin here. Kill any Moccasin's you see. I also found snake's, you can kill those while here as well, or wait for Barrens.

Head down to Booty Bay.
Booty Bay, Stranglethorn Vale:
Booty Bay upstairs from "Sea Wolf" MacKinley (27.77)
-The Sentinels and the Long Vigil
basement of building that "Sea Wolf" MacKinley resides in (27.77)
-Empires' Fall
-The Twin Empires
-Wrath of Soulflayer
Salty Sailor Tavern in Booty Bay, second floor (27.77)
-Sunwell - The Fall of Quel'Thalasm

Now, take the boat over to Rachet
Ratchet in The Barrens:
on the desk behind Liv Rizzlefix (little hut South of the jetty); (62.38)
-Archimonde's Return and the Flight to Kalimdor
Ratchet Inn (61.39)
-Mount Hyjal and Illidan's Gift
on balcony of Jazzik's General Goods (61.38)
-Exile of the High Elves
Once done in Rachet, head into the barrens. Multiple Gazelle packs are running around, the Stagnant Oasis (54,45) is known to have them (Cayleb/Dark Iron), and /love one of them. /love Prarie dogs which are all over the place and find a Swine to /love too. And kill an Adder that you find and any snakes that might be there too. From there, head to Durotar and find a hare. /love the Hare, and head back to Rachet.
From Rachet, you can fly down to Un'goro crater, and find a Parrot, I had difficulty finding one, but they are there. They can be found all over. /love the Parrot, and any toads/frogs you find if you haven't gotten them yet.

From Un'goro, you can either find a way to Darnassus, fly there, or just save that book for last
Darnassus:
Tradesmen's Terrace - building opposite the Cloth Armor/Two Hander Weapons (66.76)
-The Betrayer Ascendant

I Would than take my Hearthstone to Dalaran (where most people have one set). Once you reach Dalaran, head to the Sewers and kill a Dalaran Underbelly Rat. From there, I would fly to Howling Fjord using the Flightpath, afk, take a drink, fix macro's up, do whatever.

Once in howling fjord, you can find Skunks all over, Crabs can be found in the South Western corner on one of the most southern islands, fjord penguin can be found close to there as well. You can head to the eastern side of the island to find Fjord Turkey. Than head towards UTP, and go to the Catacombs there. You can find the Fjord Rat outside the entrance, kill that, head inside and find a way down to the room with hundreds of ghouls, there are loads of Devouring Maggots there you can kill.

Head out and fly past Grizzly hills. In the hills, you can find a grizzly squirrel and mountain skunk to /love. Once you get that, head up to Zul'drak, go inside and kill a Zul'drak rat.

Leave Zul'drak and go to Stormpeaks. Once there head to Halls of Lightning/Stone and find a Gold Beetle to kill. Once you kill that, leave, and go to the very north eastern corner of Icecrown and find a glacier penguin to /love.

I'd continue my circular path around, heading to sholazar basin, when you are there find a sholazar tickbird near Nessingwary's camp.

Go south from there, and go inside the Nexus. You can find a Crystal Spider inside the end bosses room, without having to kill any mobs. Steam Frog, Borean Frog, Tundra Penguin, and Borean Marmot can all be found there.

Fly towards Dragonblight, kill a Roach in Azjol'nerub, and find an Arctic hare to /love.

Go to Dalaran, and head to Shat city. You can find an Ewe in the lower city, north/NE side, and some chickens. Go to Hellfire Penn and kill a Scorpion.

By this point, all your 4 achievements should be complete. You can head to Darnassus if you did not get that book to complete well read.
TO ALL THE SQUIRRELS
arctic hare - dragonblight 76, 64
fjord penguin - howling fjord 20, 53
glacier penguin - icecrown 73,25
huge toad - swamp of sorrows 64,26
mountain skunk - grizzly hills 73,47
sholazar tickbird - sholazar basin 29, 58
borean marmot - borean tundra 78,33
fjord turkey - howling fjord 68,60
grizzly squirrel - grizzly hills 66,50
lava crab - searing gorge 46, 34
scalawag frog howling fjord 35, 79
tundra penguin - borean tundra 38, 9

parrot - un'goro crater (38,43)
gazelle - the barrens (46,61)
prairie dog - the barrens (45,64)
swine - durotar (42,15)
hare - durotar (50,45)
toad - darnassus (33,43)
cow - elwynn forest (56,70)
rabbit - elwynn forest (40,60)
deer - elwynn forest (40,62)
fawn - elwynn forest (35,77)
chicken - elwynn forest (35,60)
sheep - elwynn forest (34,60)
cat - elwynn forest (44,52)
squirrel - stormwind (49,77)
ram - loch modan (21,18)
ewe - shattrath (58,23)
skunk - terokkar forest (46,33)
frog - zangarmarsh (78,70)
crab - borean tundra (43,15)
borean frog - borean tundra (70,24)
steam frog - borean tundra (77,31)

PEST CONTROL
adder - outside orgrimmar
devouring maggot - howling fjord 57.1
fjord rat - howling fjord 77.31
larva - ghostlands 27.39
maccasin - swamp of sorrows 28.60
rat - ghostlands 60.57
scorpion - hellfire all over
spider - ghostlands 60.57
zul'drak rat - zul'drak 25.72
crystal spider - nexus (right inside i just walked in and killed it then walked out
fire beetle - searing gorge all over
gold beetle halls of lightning (right inside i just walked in and killed it and walk out again)
maggot - ghostlands all over
mouse - westfall 62.7
roach - azjol-nerub
snake - ghostlands 64.65
underbelly rat - in the underbelly in dalaran

USEFUL MACROS
Pest Control-
/tar add
/tar dev
/tar fjord rat
/tar larva
/tar mocc
/tar rat
/tar scorp
/tar spid
/tar zul
/tar crys
/tar fire
/tar gold
/tar maggot
/tar mouse
/tar roac
/tar snake
/tar under
/stopmacro [noexists]
/tell YourNameHere >%t<

and squirrels 2
/tar Arctic Hare
/tar Fjord Penguin
/tar Glacier Penguin
/tar Huge Toad
/tar Mountain Skunk
/tar Sholazar Tickbird
/tar Borean Marmot
/tar Fjord Turkey
/tar Grizzly Squirrel
/tar Lava Crab
/tar Scalawag Frog
/tar Tundra Penguin
/stopmacro [noexists]
/love

squirrels1
/tar Steam Frog
/tar Borean Frog
/tar Cat
/tar Chicken
/tar Crab
/tar Deer
/tar Fawn
/tar Frog
/tar Hare
/tar Skunk
/tar Ewe
/tar Parrot
/tar Toad
/tar Ram
/tar Sheep
/tar Prarie Dog
/tar Rat
/tar Squirrel
/tar Gazel
/stopmacro [noexists]
/love

When using these macros, delete mobs you find as you use them, for example if you are in Elwynn looking for a Sheep, and theres a Squirrel nearby, the squirrel is below the sheep and therefore will be targeted again, making it impossible to find the Squirrel using macro.
If anyone has any questions, just ask. I'm pretty sure all this information is correct now!
If anyone has any questions, just ask. I'm pretty sure all this information is correct now!

I have a question, why did you title the post about squirrels but spend first 2 posts on Well Read which isn't mentioned in the title and confusing.

Is this guide even still accurate with 4.0.3? Based on your profile, you completed the achievements you are guiding people through in March of 2009. Anyone reading this may be misled if there has been any changes to the locations of the books from the sundering as well as critters. I think your qualifier that you aren't 100% of the information provided should be near the top so people don't waste their time thinking they are getting accurate information when it may be dated.

It is an ok guide, but personally, this belongs in the achievement forum as if I were looking for help on an achievement that is where I'd look first (well this walkthrough actually seems to be copy/pasted from WoWhead which is where I generally look first followed by wowwiki and lastly try to weed through the forums.