City Tabards and BC Dungeons

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
Dungeon rep is not rewarded in BC dungeons since this is the type of thing that needs to be implemented in the build form the ground up and cannot be patched in. The tabard for rep is already present in NR so adding more tabards and rep is no big deal and the 1-60 instances were all redone.
It could be bugged still. I believe that is the issue. Seeing as this is a hot button issue, we should expect a hotfix for this soon.
It could be bugged still. I believe that is the issue. Seeing as this is a hot button issue, we should expect a hotfix for this soon.

Ok I hope so, I am a tank so I am missing lots of rep considering how fast I can queue.

I only need exalted on my warrior with Bildgewater and he will have all the major cities completed. So, yeah, wouldn't mind a fix eventually haha.
AFAIK, Vanilla and WotLK dungeons for the most part don't offer any other rep gains throughout.

Well, old Strat and Scholo gave Argent Dawn rep. Don't know about the new incarnations, as I've made them give me Darkspear rep instead.
I know overhauling BC systems at this point is not going to be a priority, but perhaps it's time to dump the BC dungeon rep/heroic/key system for the WotLK one?

As it is now, getting into the Heroic Dungeons takes longer than they remain relevant for a character.
I'd like to state that one as false.. you should say "Northrend HEROIC dungeons", my priest ,who's 71, did around 10 dungeons with the tabard on and zero reputation gain for any of 'em. Unless it's bugged....

To my understanding, both normal and Heroic Wrath of the Lich King dungeons should award reputation to players who are wearing the new faction tabards. There may be additional requirements, however, that aren't overly explicit.

Same here tried it on different toons and these tabards have never worked for me in normal dungeons. Have not tried in heroic as my other toons are maxed rep. Just like the normal TOC and fos dungeon finder item level requirement another fail =\. Hope these and other issues My lady and I have reported to GMs are fixed.
No rep from normal 70-80 instances

I'd like to state that one as false.. you should say "Northrend HEROIC dungeons", my priest ,who's 71, did around 10 dungeons with the tabard on and zero reputation gain for any of 'em. Unless it's bugged....

To my understanding, both normal and Heroic Wrath of the Lich King dungeons should award reputation to players who are wearing the new faction tabards. There may be additional requirements, however, that aren't overly explicit.

I'll look into this a bit further and then get back to you. :)

I havet gotten any rep on my alt wearing IF tabard in any of the 70-80 dungeons either

I'll look into this a bit further and then get back to you. :)

I as well have noticed this while trying to level some alts in northrend, regular instances I've run on my 72 death knight do not award rep currently.
can u still turn off exp in game ? if so could you stay say lvl 55 and just farm all your rep then ?
If you are wearing one of the new faction tabards (e.g. Thunder Bluff, Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Ironforge, etc.), you will only receive reputation gains for that city/faction when in Classic (1-60), Wrath of the Lich King (70-80), and Cataclysm (80-85) dungeons. Outland dungeons will not currently provide reputation gains for the "home city" faction you are championing; this is intended.

Can we get clarification on this matter, according to a Blue (Sapperwix) on 11/24/10

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1115861627#13

This is intended functionality, the new faction tabards only grant reputation in 1-60 content and eventually 80-85 content.

Theres no rep gains from Wrath dungeons Normal or Heroics, Blues contradict each other in this matter, so who is right? Are we supposed to get city rep in Northrend or not?
I went to Escape from Durnhold in CoT last night, non heroic. I was getting Keepers of Time rep, but I was wearing my Gnomeragan tabard. Methinks this is a bug. Or does this instance fall into the group of "BC/Outland dungeons"?
Why?

WotLK dungeons provide reputation for specific WotLK factions.

Yet that can be overwritten with a tabard.

There are technical limitations to overcome with respect to the Outland dungeons. It's something we're interested in pursuing, though, and will be keeping in mind for a future patch.

People are already pretty down on the Outlands and the forum consensus is that 60 to 70 is now the "worst" level range in WoW. I love the Outlands, but cannot deny that they are now quite out of place. Little things like this only serve to compound that problem.

I fully understand that the Outlands can't just be overhauled on a whim, but at least this minor thing could be addressed, I hope.
Theres no rep gains from Wrath dungeons Normal or Heroics, Blues contradict each other in this matter, so who is right? Are we supposed to get city rep in Northrend or not?

For a period of time after patch 4.0.3a launched, Wrath of the Lich King dungeons did not provide reputation gains if a new faction tabard was worn. This was hotfixed, however, shortly after Sapperwix's post on November 24: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869#blog

After speaking with our designers further (as promised earlier in this thread) and reexamining how our hotfix was applied together, Inushi was indeed correct and new faction tabards will only provide reputation gains for the championed city in Northrend if the dungeon is Heroic or otherwise level 80. This is how the current tabard system works for Wrath of the Lich King, but we may consider revising the system to include all dungeons, regardless of level, in a future patch.

Apologies for the confusion! I've already amended my first post to ensure it reflects this information.

For a period of time after patch 4.0.3a launched, Wrath of the Lich King dungeons did not provide reputation gains if a new faction tabard was worn. This was hotfixed, however, shortly after Sapperwix's post on November 24: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869#blog" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869#blog</a>

After speaking with our designers further (as promised earlier in this thread) and reexamining how our hotfix was applied together, Inushi was indeed correct and new faction tabards will only provide reputation gains for the championed city in Northrend if the dungeon is Heroic or otherwise level 80. This is how the current tabard system works for Wrath of the Lich King, but we may consider revising the system to include all dungeons, regardless of level, in a future patch.

Apologies for the confusion! I've already amended my first post to ensure it reflects this information.

Thanks Lylirra, finally some clarification on this, so its 1-60 then 80 and heroic 80 and up.
so its 1-60 then 80 and heroic 80 and up.

Correct. If you find any errant behavior beyond that, be sure to drop our Quality Assurance department a note in the Bug Report forum. :)
how does 1-60 then 80-heroic make sense? Does lvl 61-79 suddenly become significantly easier or something? A lvl 80 can easily go to and farm the deadmines, not so easy to farm outland/northrend instances alone....

(not to mention that the tabard doesn't reflect this information either and ppl would have to dig in the forums to even find out this info)
I'm pretty sure they've said it isn't like some careful design decision or anything, just a technical issue. They probably have to flag mobs and encounters as providing rep dependent on the tabard being worn, I imagine. And probably something weird makes it more difficult to change than just running a single command that flags everything in all the dungeons as being rep-flexible (either that or maybe it just can't be hotfixed and needs an actual patch).

So yeah, it doesn't actually make sense, and they've said as much. I think the point is that they are releasing an expansion and dealing with tons of issues both seen and unseen by the playerbase, and ultimately this is a fairly small thing they've decided to leave for later.