City Tabards and BC Dungeons

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
I think is just a pink floyd reference

Clever gnome. ;)
I think is just a pink floyd reference

Clever gnome. ;)

Lylirra you just went up on my like scale :)
I saw a mention of the phrase "crazy diamonds"... are you speaking directly at people with the Insane title who also have Shen'dralar

I think is just a pink floyd reference, but if you have the Insane you can make of it what you will

second this one - and you beat me so very closely ;)

Thirded.

The song is "Shine on You crazy Diamond". Capitalization is important.
S
Y
D

As in Syd Barrett

Edit: Officially late to the Pink Floyd fan party >.> It now dawns on me that I don't know how to delete posts with these new forums. Halp! or, would a Blue go ahead and delete this post if I can't find out how? =)
I hope the retrofitting of all WoTLK dungeons goes through in the future, because it's rather confusing at the time for what dungeons tabards can and can not give rep for currently to just someone who picks it up randomly without searching and doing research. Anyway, my only real issue is the WoTLK 68-80 dungeons. I understand Outland, it makes sense. However, that Wrath gap is something I'd like to see fixed in the future.

Thank you, blue posts, for helping me understand our wonderful tabards just that much more.
This still doesn't answer why no rep with regular non 80 wrath instances while wearing the city tabard.

Similar to Outland dungeons, there are technical limitations which we must first overcome for this to be possible. It's a bit complicated, but hopefully I can explain.

In Wrath of the Lich King, we implemented a system that allowed players to champion factions by wearing a corresponding tabard; however, that system was limited and only supported level 80 dungeons (including Heroics). Fortunately, we were able to incorporate the new city tabards into this system through a hotfix, but the same rules and restrictions still apply. If we want to allow the new city tabards to provide reputations gains in all Northrend dungeons, we'll have to completely retrofit the entire Wrath of the Lich King tabard system -- which is something we may consider tackling in a future patch.

Does that make sense? If not, let me know. :)

Okay, so I get this. It's all an issue with the instance and tabard system. Frankly, I'd rather have the expansion come in now and maybe a year down the line if you guys at Blizz decide it to fix the system for all dungeons to rep. I can dig that. What I can not dig is why I got no rep from running Zul Ferrak? That I thought was a bug. I made a post about it last week when I was actually that level range. It may have been fixed but I haven't heard about it.

So, was ZF just not changed enough to allow the rep system to work? I mean, that is probably one of the best classic instances and I hated not being able to get rep for my Gobli-cycle. Also, I am now starting a petition to call trikes a Goblicycle.
This is so off-topic, but I'd totally be down with the goblin bike being renamed Goblicycle.
Inushi was indeed correct and new faction tabards will only provide reputation gains for the championed city in Northrend if the dungeon is Heroic or otherwise level 80.

Ah. =( I mentioned that way before Inushi on post #34. I feel so ignored. =P j/k
Yes, I was not aware that the Wrath normal instances had the same technical limitations as Outland instances...

They aren't the *same* limitations, just similar.

• 1-60 was all re-worked in CATA. They made 1-60 dungeons work with the new tabard system because the had that opportunity while they tore it all down and built it back up for the xpac.

• BC never had a tabard system... ever. There was nothing to "hook" the new tabard system into. It will require a larger programming project to complete but because it clearly wasn't a priority for CATA (4.0+) since it had nothing to do with the new Xpac.

• WotLK had a tabard system. The existing system which allows rep gains at level 80 normal dungeons and Heroics. It never allowed < 80 normal dungeons and I believe raids. Blizzard was able to fairly easily "hook" into that system by applying a hotfix. Avoiding a large re-programming project.

It's probably not a super large project so there's plenty of possibility to take the code they developed and apply it BC and full WotLK but not without a bigger patch cycle to ensure proper QA testing and development time without interrupting the major preparations of launching an expansion and being ready to put out any fires that might arise that got missed.

So, the players should have good hope to seeing it in patch 4.1 or 4.2 as a small aside to whatever other content might be coming our way. Maybe even something smaller as a 4.0.5 since it's probably a small enough project to be on par with minor class changes in terms of scope, but I don't see it having a priority to push that out as a minor update.

That's my speculation at least.
Theres no rep gains from Wrath dungeons Normal or Heroics, Blues contradict each other in this matter, so who is right? Are we supposed to get city rep in Northrend or not?

For a period of time after patch 4.0.3a launched, Wrath of the Lich King dungeons did not provide reputation gains if a new faction tabard was worn. This was hotfixed, however, shortly after Sapperwix's post on November 24: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869#blog" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869#blog</a>

After speaking with our designers further (as promised earlier in this thread) and reexamining how our hotfix was applied together, Inushi was indeed correct and new faction tabards will only provide reputation gains for the championed city in Northrend if the dungeon is Heroic or otherwise level 80. This is how the current tabard system works for Wrath of the Lich King, but we may consider revising the system to include all dungeons, regardless of level, in a future patch.

Apologies for the confusion! I've already amended my first post to ensure it reflects this information.

I guess that explains in part why I've also gotten the boss rep on normal Azjol-Nerub for Hadronox, as it was hotfixed so the spawns don't give rep.. sounds that it was hard-coded to give the boss rep at that point.
So you're really saying it's NOT intended.

Yes and no. It's not technically a "bug," but it's still something we may be able to address at a later point in time.

So like the dances we were told we would be getting back when wrath was first announced and never got? nice..
If you are wearing one of the new faction tabards (e.g. Thunder Bluff, Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Ironforge, etc.), you will only receive reputation gains for that city/faction when in Classic (1-60), Wrath of the Lich King (80 and Heroics), and Cataclysm (80-85) dungeons. Outland dungeons will not currently provide reputation gains for the "home city" faction you are championing; this is intended.

Also, just as a heads up, if dungeon mobs and bosses are trivial to you, you will receive less reputation than if they are within your level range. This is just to ensure that players who exceed the dungeon's intended level range can still benefit from championing a specific faction, but aren't given a distinct advantage over those who are of the appropriate level and are unable to solo the content. This should also help encourage players to improve their reputation in dungeons more appropriate for their level, rather than running lower level content solely for the reputation (which isn't a bad thing by any means; we just want you to enjoy the content designed for your level range, too). :)

I HEARD LYLIRRA ON BLIZZCAST 15!!!! She sounds cool...

and also this is a cool umm forum, I just saw the blue post is all and had to comment on it. Keep it up fellow forum posters!
PS:nomnomnom
OK, I'm having a problem & since this is where people are talking about Tabards & rep I figure I'll put it here even though it's not about BC.

I'm exaulted with all the cities except for Gilneas & have equipped that city tabard. I've been running the old/new quests that have reopenned for me and keep getting Alliance Reputation XX typically the amount is 69 since I'm human. I've even done some of the Gilneas quests in Western Plagueland. My problem is I'm stuck at Friendly 5999/6000 and no matter what I try I can't seem to continue aquiring rep. Does anybosy know what I'm doing wrong or what I should to?

Thanks
I personally hate the new tabards. I my opinion is here...

http://starfallenwow.blogspot.com/2010/12/cataclysm-death-of-rep-grinds.html
11/30/2010 5:51 PMPosted by Lylirra
If you are wearing one of the new faction tabards (e.g. Thunder Bluff, Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Ironforge, etc.), you will only receive reputation gains for that city/faction when in Classic (1-60), Wrath of the Lich King (80 and Heroics), and Cataclysm (80-85) dungeons. Outland dungeons will not currently provide reputation gains for the "home city" faction you are championing; this is intended.

I'm not getting rep in Utgaarde Keep, The Nexus or Azjol Nerub. I tried swapping tabards, but none trigger rep gain. I understood no BC dungeons would provide rep, so that's okay. I can go to Orgrimar and farm Ragefire Chasm for 2-3 rep per kill, but was hoping WotLK dungeons would start awarding rep.
Maybe it's because you're on another planet where those home cities don't exist?

Just a thought. :P
I have noticed that I have not received any reputation gains from my Gnomergan Tabard since I made level 65 in instances, or with any other Tabard. I turned in a ticket on this and was told that it was a new feature. But Alas I cannot find anything on this nor was this a new Feature. I have been playing wow for 4 years now and tabard rep has been around for some time. Apparently there is a problem with it now.