Changing race from Dwarf to Human

Paladin
I just came back t wow and found out that Spirit is much more useful now, while I almost never used Stone form, albeit I know it's useful.

I see that changing to human will give me +3 spirit and +10% rep, which very useful in Cata. Although in Cata dwarf also has +15 to new secondary profession.

Any advice, is this a good idea?
Truthfully, for race, pick what you want to play , what you think looks best.

The spirit buff we get is pretty small if you ask me and isn't game changing.

Thats like a B.E. going Tauren for the extra bit of stam. In the end, it's not that much more at all.
Spirit buff might be insignificant like you said, but don't you think +10% of rep is a decent change. 2 small changes to make it a big change?

I was just wondering if anyone ever change from dwarf to human, may be it's just me!
go FHP if you do.

also, little-known fact - diplomacy is the best racial in the entire game. it's the only one that whose usefulness can be measured in literal hours and days of game time.
I'm sorry, but FHP?
I just came back t wow and found out that Spirit is much more useful now, while I almost never used Stone form, albeit I know it's useful.

I see that changing to human will give me +3 spirit and +10% rep, which very useful in Cata. Although in Cata dwarf also has +15 to new secondary profession.

I would advise playing the race that you enjoy the most, as racial gains are very minimal. However, if you have no preference and you just want the biggest benefit, I would reccomend Human for PvP and Dwarf for PvE. Humans have the built in pvp trinket and dwarfs have the best racials for pve gain.
FHP = female human pally. was a running gag on the old forums from way back - there was an 'fhp is best' thread every few weeks or so if i remember correctly. :p
I racechanged to human when I was PvPing as ret from Dwarf, and now I'm considering changing back since humans are pretty much worthless.

They changed Every Man For Himself to have a 3 minute cooldown, as opposed to the 2minute cooldown on Actual PvP Trinkets.

Stoneform Racial
Instant 2 min cooldown
Removes all poison, disease and bleed effects and increases your armor by 10% for 8 sec.

Enough said there, why would you want to switch to human, thats so useful, more so in pvp im sure, but just in general and you can use it every 2 minutes...

Not many abilities in the game that remove bleed effects..
i actually like EM4H even with the 3 minute cooldown, it means i have a pvp trinket in pve. in pvp, i actually found the extra resilience from the insignia to be really beneficial, and i don't feel like a moron for equipping it now with the racial change.
go FHP if you do.

also, little-known fact - diplomacy is the best racial in the entire game. it's the only one that whose usefulness can be measured in literal hours and days of game time.

As true as that is, unless you plan on quitting when you hit exalted with reps, you'll eventually get there ;)

Sure humans might hit exalted a tad bit faster, if you don't like the look of humans or their animations it'll deter you from playing. I'm not the BIGGEST fan of humans but I do like their 2 handed attack animations over the dwarf little spin move on crusader strike and the draenai's golf swing :p
May be I'm a bad player, but I rarely use Stone form, if ever. I guess I have to take a look again at it.
May be I'm a bad player, but I rarely use Stone form, if ever. I guess I have to take a look again at it.

A DK blows runes to put up his 3 diseases to ramp up, stoneform, burn some more runes lol.

Feral druid puts up his ridiculous bleeds, stoneform.

Sub rogues puts bleeds, stoneform.

You have 3 holy power, stoneform wound poison, smash WoG.
Stoneform Racial
Instant 2 min cooldown
Removes all poison, disease and bleed effects and increases your armor by 10% for 8 sec.

Enough said there, why would you want to switch to human, thats so useful, more so in pvp im sure, but just in general and you can use it every 2 minutes...

Not many abilities in the game that remove bleed effects..

every pally can cleanse the poison & disease,
and bleeds (outside pvp) are so few that often one doesn't even think to use it.

Human also has sword spec, which means your not limited to just maces (unless it's a substantial upgrade)

every man for himself - while you might go for the 2min trinket over it in pvp, it's really useful in pve, far more so than stoneform.

Human vs Dwarf
Diplomacy > Explorer
EMFH > Stoneform
Mace Spec = Mace Spec
Sword Spec > Gun Spec
Human Spirit = Frost Resist (spirit > if healer, Frost > if prot / ret)

personally I feel human racials are overwhelmingly better,
I wish spirit was better for prot, but oh well. No big deal. I've been human 6 years and I'm staying that way. I love my 1h CS animation.
Don't race change because of a particular race related talent or racial. ONLY do so if you want to be part of a different race.

Unless you are a big PVP then there is no reason to change.