Master Post - Racial Lore Guides: Horde

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
07/18/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Ansirem
Has anyone made an outline for RPing as a Val'kyr-risen Forsaken? Some of the things from the "Dead and loving it" section on page one don't really match up too well with more recent undead.

Genavie, former guild leader of the Scythe of Sylvanas (the guild that Needleteeth was from), wrote a really good series of blog posts about how to properly role-play a Forsaken in Cataclysm. Here's the one outlining how to play a Val'kyr-risen Forsaken: http://deadcolourblind.blogspot.com/2011/08/roleplay-possibilities-for-valkyr-made.html

Sadly, Genavie doesn't play anymore, but she was kind enough to leave her blog up. I highly recommend reading through it if you plan on RPing a Forsaken!

Sadly enough I've met Genavie and many of the Scythe before, somehow I think I'm the only one that got the Putress follower vibe off of them after Genavie joined, in fact she had backstabbed many of the members outside RP and broke up a friend of mine with her boyfriend who also played WoW, and sadly he data is a bit off about personalities for the Forsaken, yes Generaly they are a depressed or angery race, this is shown mostly in the Older Forsaken who had almost a one train thought of revenge, even back in the day my toon had revenge on his mind, but after the fall of Arthas what happened to many of the surviving Forsaken? They contenued on and developed ways around the fact they can't Procreate, yes the Val'kir are the primary way of raiseing many new Forsaken at a time but Sylvanas did also by Lore have Necromancers in her ranks, personalities of the Older Forsaken can vary by very much but the consent is that something, no pun intended, always seems to eat at them, regreat, rage, sorrow, the list is long.

Now as the New Forsaken are conserned, there are many NPCs in the start zone that are ment to help you get a feel of the New Forsaken, such as Darnell, a newly risen Forsaken Warrior who has an abnormaly chipper mood because he was raised with free will and sees the new undeath as another chance at life, but I do digress and recall many cases I have ran into of the "Chipper" forsaken RPers, many are bad, which is what I think Dumass was ment to be refrence to and the Questgiver even states, "These newer Forsaken are... rather dumb, soe just take longer to adjust to undead than others." So you do have the option of being newly risen and not really having a clue of what's going on, but a Deathguard before you enter Brill notes that he likes the newer Forsaken because he viewed the Forsaken of yesteryear as cowards who hid in old Human buildings, so as the New Forsaken are conserned you can have a higher variety of presonality than the older generation.

I actualy play this guy as an Older generation Forsaken, and even though he is a Death Knight he clings to his old ways I.E. mentality and since of Honor, but has a tendency to show a rather morbid side as well(Mostly due to being Undead for so long) Has knowledge in Necromancy and Martial prowness mixing his magic and Combat ablity to be a better fighter(In life was a paladin so the consept would come naturaly to him), meh.. prattling, but the notion is it's your charater, try to make it fit but look at what your charater comes from.
Is there any resource like this for Alliance characters? I've done some research on Gnomes but I'm sure I've missed details and would hate to step on any toes out of ignorance.
12/19/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Broe
Is there any resource like this for Alliance characters? I've done some research on Gnomes but I'm sure I've missed details and would hate to step on any toes out of ignorance.

WoW Insider is my goto for RP a good part of the time.
Here are a couple handy links for you.

Know your lore -
http://wow.joystiq.com/lore/
All The World's a Stage (roleplaying classes, professions, races) -
http://wow.joystiq.com/category/all-the-worlds-a-stage/
These are phenomenal for someone like me with RP experience, but very little knowledge of WoW lore. Thanks so much! I might actually start RPing, I just have always felt I don't know enough. I'd just play a character with amnesia, if that weren't so ... Sue-ish.
Why does this not have tauren? :(
FACE MY NECROMANTIC POWERS AS I POST UNTO THIS THREE YEAR OLD TOPIC!

Step one- Get the Gordok costume
Step two- ???
Step three- Profit

This is funny <3
I don't see a goblin section on here. Was looking for goblins cuz I'm thinking about making one when cross-realm heirlooms become possible :)
The Troll guide still is the best I know of. However my girls always have these damn accents. When confronted by a troll accent, read it phonetically. Or aloud if there is the time. Usually that helps.
If you don't have a troll accent, other trolls will probably still talk to you as if you had one.
Dat all I gots to say.
11/26/2010 07:31 PMPosted by Allarya
You are not a member of an Orcish Clan. You might have been, at one point. They existed up until the end of the Third War, when the New Horde was formed and the clans were quietly done away with. Some of the organizational names remain: the Frostwolf defenders in Alterac and the Shattered Hand assassins in Orgrimmar, for example, but these are old names given to evolved groups. The only clans that still exist are clans that function outside the body of the New Horde in which you're playing by default. If you want to identify with one of these clans (such as the Dragonmaw, which is particularly pertinent to Cataclysm) that's your prerogative, but understand that clan recognition and behavior has been out of the Horde orcs for years now.

This is all very incorrect....

All recent lore points to the clans still being extremely active.

there are no clans anymore within the Horde itself.

Again, false.

"The Orcs in the Horde are from the following clans:" Which then lists all of the clans you claimed didn't exist anymore. Wowpedia.org/Horde.
What about a half elf Sunreavers? Being that my studies take me more long the lines of the allie's side of things, I would like to know if a half elf could have joined the horde via dalaran?
You were not born in Orgrimmar, Durotar, or anywhere on Kalimdor... ...unless you happen to be seven years old or younger.

Well, seeing as though Orcs as big as Humans at the age of six, and also start weapon training at that age, as well as reaching adulthood at the age of twelve... Yeah, that could make perfect sense, actually.
Comparing to how i write my trolls accents its very mild...some people make it look like another freakin language with so much punctuation.
...I actually enjoyed reading this. Agreed with almost everything, and approve of the sincere, non-condescending or self important tone. This was written well , honestly, and with an eye to help address issues and concerns, without being petty or self important. Bravo.
Is there plans on this being updated? I'd like to see how it incorporates goblins and pandaren into the horde.
^^ What he said.
11/26/2010 07:25 PMPosted by Allarya
Your eyes are green. The only blue permitted is the frosty blue of a DK. There are no exceptions. The Sunwell reigniting did not make your eyes change color; fel taint is permanent. Orcs haven't gone back to brown skin.

You are not a High Elf. You are not a Half-Elf. High elves and half-elves are Alliance-based. The high elves have thrown in their lot with the Alliance, and the half-elves are half-human, and thus attached to the Alliance. If you are one of these two things and you are playing in the Horde, disguise it. If you are open about this, you will be exiled or, more likely, executed. Play it smart if you must play it at all.

Orcs don't have a sunwell drenching their city in cleansing holy power. Years of marinating in the new Sunwell would have a noticeable affect on the elves, especially to those who choose to feed off the holy energies.

quel'dorei were invited to pilgrimage to the sunwell, then lor'themar went out to invite the high elven outpost back to the city. Quel'dorei are also not kill on site. Blood elf hatred towards the silver covenant is directly primarily at Jaina herself, rather than the elves
My crime guild beat the other guilds by waiting for them to get bored, and moving in when they were all done working. True blood elf ingenuity
Forsaken Roleplay till I rot.
01/06/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Eodri
WoW Insider is my goto for RP a good part of the time.
Here are a couple handy links for you.

Know your lore -
http://wow.joystiq.com/lore/
All The World's a Stage (roleplaying classes, professions, races) -
http://wow.joystiq.com/category/all-the-worlds-a-stage/

I know this is a few years late, but anyone who is like me and was checking this thread only to find those websites have shut down, this is the new location:

http://blizzardwatch.com/warcraft-lore-books-guide/

http://blizzardwatch.com/category/know-your-lore/
I have a small question. will this get updated? Kinda curious, also I am probably really late to this thread, but was simply curious. (: