New patch download?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
"Azure Watch flight master Zaldaan has been reminded that he should hate the Horde."

bwahahaha lmao lmao. I bet he received a serious lash beating from Varian
It's not a new patch, it's actually "re-downloading" data which will replace current files. It's intended to resolve a few issues including disconnects and 'pink squares'.

As it's not a patch, if you're extremely eager to get into the game (or it's taking too long) you can actually bypass the launcher and run the wow.exe in your game directory and play normally. You can then continue on downloading it later after you're done playing.
Hi Bashlok, a question, will you be deleting the OldWorld files anytime soon? I'm assuming those are the well "Old" files and as such not needed. It will save us a GB or two. ^_^
It's 2010, if a couple GB is too much info your HDD you need a new one.

Solid state drives are a little more expensive, bro.
It's not a new patch, it's actually "re-downloading" data which will replace current files. It's intended to resolve a few issues including disconnects and 'pink squares'.

As it's not a patch, if you're extremely eager to get into the game (or it's taking too long) you can actually bypass the launcher and run the wow.exe in your game directory and play normally. You can then continue on downloading it later after you're done playing.

Cool, thank you!
Hi Bashlok, a question, will you be deleting the OldWorld files anytime soon? I'm assuming those are the well "Old" files and as such not needed. It will save us a GB or two. ^_^

You're missing the point. It is not about HDD space, it is about making good use of your HDD space. I do not want unused/useless files sitting on my HDD whether it is 500YB (yottabyte).

Solid state drives are a little more expensive, bro.

Correct.

It says the grimaxe quest was fixed, but I do not see him appearing.

Is this patch fixing this today, or will we need to wait for server maintenance tomorrow before fixes go live?
lol really or u bustin my chains :) cuz i had a [bug] report for this issue, i run windows 7 on a great pc and when i tab out to check my mail when im flying it logs me off Q_Q
Blizzard's loggin' mah keyz!!1!

All your keys are belong to Bobby Kotick.

nnnnooooooooooooooooooo!
Just started the launcher and went straight to the forums. Lol

ditto!

Just because we can have plenty of hard drive space, doesn't mean we should waste it on files we won't use again.

Did you fix it so that completing SFK as a random dungeon will now give out Satchels of Helpful Goods?
Here we thought you were reversing the ridiculous nerfs given to locks!