Twink thoughts on new BG brackets?

Battlegrounds
I have only one twink - 39 rogue though I never got a chance to get into a BG once I turned XP off. So truly I've never twinked. I was looking forward to the thought of fair xp BG though.

From what I understand of the new brackets the '9s brackets could still be alive however the 60's will play with the 60-64 and 70's play with the 70-74 and perhaps 80's with the 80 to 84 (?). What are your thoughts on this? I just got an xp off 60 and wanted to see if I should just turn xp back on and go to 64?

I love the new brackets for leveling. I played this toon last night and had the most fun doing BG ever. I am guessing a majority of the players will feel this way. However I wanted to get thoughts from the 60's and 70's.
Yes you can level to 64, turn your experience off or whatever.

You probably will get 2-3 shotted though. Players at our level, or any xp-off bracket to be fair, spend hours nurturing and building their characters.

It will be painful for you at first, and maybe not as enjoyable as you want. If I may make a suggestion, it would be to read up on what you can possibly achieve at these levels and set out to make small goals.

All in all, given the right amount of effort, any bracket of pvp should be enjoyable. No more lvl 10s in resilience in 19s xp off. No more capped lvl 20s in greys in 29s xp off, no more 69s and 79s in vanilla/bc orientated bracket levels.

If I completely missed the point of your post, please tell me. I have a bad feeling.
Thank you for your thoughts. I appreaciate you taking time to respond. Agreed to be competative (and to compensate for a general lack of skill) I would need to compete at Lv 64.

However in general, for somebody like yourself who has spent the hours building out a 60 would you rather have a special bracket for 60's? Do you think most twink 60's will level up to 64 or stay at 60?

IMO This is such a profound change to BG. I just don't know if there is still any benefit to keeping an xp-off 60, 70 or 80 specifically.

Thank you for your thoughts. I appreaciate you taking time to respond. Agreed to be competative (and to compensate for a general lack of skill) I would need to compete at Lv 64.

However in general, for somebody like yourself who has spent the hours building out a 60 would you rather have a special bracket for 60's? Do you think most twink 60's will level up to 64 or stay at 60?

IMO This is such a profound change to BG. I just don't know if there is still any benefit to keeping an xp-off 60, 70 or 80 specifically.

The vast majority of the players will remain at 60, regardless of what some 69 twinks or a certain blood elf paladin will say.

By gaining 4 levels as a cloth user you get access to an additional 10 gemmable slots. Whilst this may seem all handy dandy, there have been rumours that WoTLK gems are only usable on i200+ items.

As for a specific bg for the 60s? Yes, I would adore that. I think we've reached that point as it is as we no longer have lvl 69s with 450 engineering running about.

You believe that you may need to level to 64 in order to compete with us, but I think you may be underestimating yourself. For starters, many of the players here aren't PvP gods. They play mostly for fun. You could hone your skills better if you played given the same set of rules the majority run by.

The difference, come Cataclysm, between 60s and 64s will be negligible.

Hear me out on this suggestion. Perhaps give 60 a go, and if you enjoy it enough but want to catch up to some of the overgeared players (We have players in Tier 3 which was made non obtainable years ago), then level to 64 if you must.

Either way, I hope to see you in battle, we may be enemies on the field, but I'm sure we could be pals.
Regardless to the state of denial 60 twinks are in, people will twink at 64. I find it amusing that a few of them actually think players should conform to them rather than them conforming to the situation.

I'm making a 70 twink and I fully expect to see 74 twinks. This may lead to me making a 74 twink instead.
I will leave my 60 at 60 for now and see how that bracket develops. It should be very interesting.

All the best.
Tirania,

Nice to see somebody on the other side of the coin comment. I bet we will see some 64's and 74's. I presume this could have a significant effect the economy on 60 and 70 blue and purple gear/recipies should a blue 64 or 74 be better. I am very interested in seeing how this plays out.
I haven't really researched gear options past level 70, but even if there are really no better gear options, 4 levels, 2 more talent points, and a larger HP pool, even in the same gear, can't be a bad thing. There will also be some fairly game changing spells between 70-74. Druids get Cyclone. Paladins get Avenging Wrath. Priests get Mass Dispel. Warlocks get Seed of Corruption.

I am anxious to see what these changes bring to higher level twinking.
Feral, great objective analysis on the 60 vs. 64 in terms of talents. Skill being equal, does this alone mean leveling 64> twink 60? If no then I would propose the 60's should be fine. If yes perhaps the 60 twinks playing against 64's might spell the end for 60 twinking. Really I don't know.
Im working on a 54 twink just to be different.