Dungeon Quest Experience Reduction

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Post Limit:
Prev 1 11 12 13 27 Next
Bad decision.

People who want to enjoy areas and quest are still able to regardless.

People who cant stand questing and just want to hit 80 asap without having to wait for the 20th 0.01% drop quest item will be the only ones hurt by this.

Dungeon leveling was already slower than questing in general anyways.

I completely agree with this post; if you wanted to level from zones, you easily could have. You weren't forced to use LFD, and now people who are sick of the endless quest grinding are now going to have to repeat dungeons and dungeon grind to level. It is a bad change overall.
This is great news, thank you! Now I won't have to avoid LFD entirely or spend 20g to turn XP off and on again if I don't want to end up having to do green and grey quests for a zone and a half.
: (

I really liked getting an extra level after running a dungeon for the first time. The extra XP is still really nice though, since the quest givers are all inside the dungeon now, so that's still good : )
This is great news, thank you! Now I won't have to avoid LFD entirely or spend 20g to turn XP off and on again if I don't want to end up having to do green and grey quests for a zone and a half.

You could have just not done the quests inside the dungeon? The main reason this wasn't an issue before is because nobody bothered traveling around the entire world to pick up all the quests for a dungeon, so you can't really argue that you were doing all the quests in the first place and still not running into a major green/grey issue.
We are applying a hotfix today to all level 1-60 dungeon quests for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms dungeons which will significantly reduce the amount of experience they award.

While dungeons should remain integral to our evolving storylines, and great places to collect gear in cooperative environments, we need to make sure each player’s questing progress remains relevant as dungeon quests are completed. In many cases we’re seeing players enter dungeons to complete quests, only to come out ahead of the leveling curve for the zones they’re in.

This change should allow players the opportunity to reap the benefits of running dungeons, while not outpacing the leveling flow from levels 1-60. At this time there are no plans for making any adjustments to dungeon quest experience for Outland, Northrend, and level 80+ Cataclysm dungeons.

You can find a list of all of the latest hotfixes here: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869</a>

Why is it that every single time you add good content that people like you remove it?
If people don't want to run the dungeons to level more quickly than questing they didn't have to...
You people really need to start thinking about people that have run the story so many times on so many different chars they don't care about missing the story anymore. Even as you say you've changed this game and ohhh it's so different... it doesn't seem that way at all.
Put it back the way it was... I'm tired of every time someone does something right by making this not such a "grind" game you just make them undo it.
Learn to MMORPG Blizzard, learn to MMORPG.
And yes I've been leveling a character since 4.0.3a.
Blizzard just hire me in a position that lets me tell EVERYONE what to do so I can fix your game for you. Ffs. In a week with me in charge it would be 3x the game it is... yawn.
You could have just not done the quests inside the dungeon? The main reason this wasn't an issue before is because nobody bothered traveling around the entire world to pick up all the quests for a dungeon, so you can't really argue that you were doing all the quests in the first place and still not running into a major green/grey issue.

Missing free gold and gear because I don't want to trivialize new content? Why?

Honestly, when the decision comes down to listening to either the ones who want to see the new, improved content or the ones who skip it with no or little middle ground, why should they listen to the latter? As it had been before this nerf, the people who wanted to hit all the new zones at a vaguely appropriate levels were the ones being punished, so this makes perfect sense.
If people cared about questing storylines they could've just done grey quests after the instance quests leveled them. Now people who are trying to just hit the cap are punished.

Missing free gold and gear because I don't want to trivialize new content? Why?

Honestly, when the decision comes down to listening to either the ones who want to see the new, improved content or the ones who skip it with no or little middle ground, why should they listen to the latter? As it had been before this nerf, the people who wanted to hit all the new zones at a vaguely appropriate levels were the ones being punished, so this makes perfect sense.

At the risk of sounding like I care about the change (which I don't). You had the choice to simply do gray/green quests to finish in the zones if you wanted, it doesn't mean you don't get to do the quests. People who were using the change to level efficiently now have no option to use that availability. i.e. leveling got slower for them.

But I'll repeat again, I'm ambivalent to the change. People who act like it's the worst thing in the world have seemed to quickly forget what leveling was like pre-4.0.3, pre-4.0.1, pre-3.3, etc... it's only gotten faster and faster in the end.
At the risk of sounding like I care about the change (which I don't). You had the choice to simply do gray/green quests to finish in the zones if you wanted, it doesn't mean you don't get to do the quests. People who were using the change to level efficiently now have no option to use that availability. i.e. leveling got slower for them.

But I'll repeat again, I'm ambivalent to the change. People who act like it's the worst thing in the world have seemed to quickly forget what leveling was like pre-4.0.3, pre-4.0.1, pre-3.3, etc... it's only gotten faster and faster in the end.

Is it that hard to understand why I don't want to do green and grey quests as I go through the story? Is it really? Maybe I and many others like doing content where we aren't able to just run into the middle of 8 mobs and one/two shot all of them?

Sure I can see the story, but it'd be like going to max level in any other RPG and then go back to the earlier sections of the game to kill everything in one shot. Is it the same? Not at all.

Is it that hard to understand why I don't want to do green and grey quests as I go through the story? Is it really? Maybe I and many others like doing content where we aren't able to just run into the middle of 8 mobs and one/two shot all of them?

Sure I can see the story, but it'd be like going to max level in any other RPG and then go back to the earlier sections of the game to kill everything in one shot. Is it the same? Not at all.

Then turn off your XP just before? You had options, but selfishly campaigned to reduce the options for others. Please don't pretend like you were forced into some situation and try to garner sympathy here. Even if I don't care about the change that much, I DO care that anyone on this side feels self-entitled to this change and justified in their stance to such levels of arrogance. Forcing your views on other players is an awful attitude.
Then turn off your XP just before? You had options, but selfishly campaigned to reduce the options for others. Please don't pretend like you were forced into some situation and try to garner sympathy here. Even if I don't care about the change that much, I DO care that anyone on this side feels self-entitled to this change and justified in their stance to such levels of arrogance. Forcing your views on other players is an awful attitude.

To turn it off I'd have to pay 20g every time I want to do a dungeon if I didn't want to overlevel. I don't think that's intended.

Leveling is much faster and less of a grind than it's ever been with the new changes. To say I should have to either choose between leveling with no dungeons or doing dungeons and overleveling it is equally selfish.

All this is is one level per dungeon that you don't skip. It's not that big of a deal and it's still much faster with the improved quest flow 1-60. Basically, it was sped up to the point you can hit level 25 in 4 hours with no heirlooms without rushing, and was sped up slightly further by dungeons. If that added speed from quest XP was never added, would you still be complaining?
While I can certainly understand why the change was made, I do not agree with it.

In my opinion, it is of far greater worth to empower the customer to choose the way they want to level rather than forcing them into a (more) set path from 1-80. Options are a good thing.
This is a terrible change, why would any one want to linger at the lower levels? If you missed content just roll another alt.
Thank GOD I got this close to 60 before the nerf hit. With them reducing dungeon exp this will be the last class I level up. This is going have a drastic impact on people playing tanks and healers,and just leveling with the LFD tool. Expect to see MUCH longer wait times because of it.

You know why I think they did this? To force more people to quest,because they have said there will be no new servers open for Cataclysm. They are forcing people out of dungeon leveling to make it seem like more people are on a server.

Disappointed,very,very,very,disappointed in Blizzard.

To turn it off I'd have to pay 20g every time I want to do a dungeon if I didn't want to overlevel. I don't think that's intended.

Leveling is much faster and less of a grind than it's ever been with the new changes. To say I should have to either choose between leveling with no dungeons or doing dungeons and overleveling it is equally selfish.

All this is is one level per dungeon that you don't skip. It's not that big of a deal and it's still much faster with the improved quest flow 1-60. Basically, it was sped up to the point you can hit level 25 in 4 hours with no heirlooms without rushing, and was sped up slightly further by dungeons. If that added speed from quest XP was never added, would you still be complaining?

When have I complained once? Stop reading my posts how you WANT to read them, and read what's actually there.

I never said you don't need to choose between dungeons or no dungeons. I offered you options that you could have taken to both do dungeons and quest and still not "over-level" as you call it. The options might not have always been ideal, but you can't always have the best of everything, sometimes when you want B, you have to give up a bit of A. The point I'm making is that the compromise was less for players in your position than what players in the opposite position now face with the loss of what they had.

As I said. I'm ambivalent to the change. I'm extremely pleased with 4.0.3 and recognize (and have said in SEVERAL posts) that leveling has only gotten faster and faster, such that this change is minor and makes little impact on the overall pace of leveling. However, it does make a notable impact. And while I may not care about the change, I can understand why others do.

Unlike you, and many other posters in this thread, I am looking beyond my own personal feelings on the matter to see why others might be upset with the change, and I see reasonable justification on their side, just like I see it on your side. It's obviously frustrating to be leveling so fast that by the time you get to do certain quests, you're killing mobs so fast that you don't get the "experience" at-level.

At the same time, some people are fed up with the leveling experience. Some people just want to get to 80 (and subsequently 85) and raid. Some posters don't understand this, but they don't need to understand it, it's what's fun for some people and it's what they want to do. To them, leveling is a grind, and anything that lessens to grind is welcome. With the increased XP from dungeon quests, they were offered the OPTION of leveling faster, without other players being forced to level faster unless they chose to. Now it's suddenly taken away and any plans they might have made around what they found is suddenly gone and no longer available to them.

Thus it's understandable that they would be frustrated.

I can see why both sides are passionate about this, but I cannot see why either side feels justified in forcing their position on the other, and, sadly, one side got to force their views on the other side, limiting their options. That, more than the details of the change (which don't bother me, once again), is what concerns me.
with a bunch of 85 no-life jerks flying in all azeroth i wouldn't like to level outside dungeons for obviously reasons...
I never said you don't need to choose between dungeons or no dungeons. I offered you options that you could have taken to both do dungeons and quest and still not "over-level" as you call it. The options might not have always been ideal, but you can't always have the best of everything, sometimes when you want B, you have to give up a bit of A. The point I'm making is that the compromise was less for players in your position than what players in the opposite position now face with the loss of what they had.

The thing is, can't this be turned around and said about the people on the other side of this little...argument?

You called me selfish with little provocation. If people want to level faster, they can work towards and wear heirlooms. Before, I had the option of playing through and being within 3 levels of the leveling range at all times. With 4.0.3a, I lost that option for new content I wanted to experience at the appropriate level. This is giving me back that option and barely taking anything away from people who see leveling (...when they bought an MMO) as a grind and nothing more.

I'm perfectly fine with others having the option to level faster. The option for me to level at the appropriate level while being able to do dungeons was removed, and put back again now. Removing leveling entirely is a step too far in a game such as this to me, but I'll deal with that if it ever happens.

So yeah. You don't need to jump at me, dude. Just because I said you were complaining doesn't mean I was belittling what you were saying. :(
Sintus,

What would have been a better change is reducing (negating alltogether) the cost to lock xp. Every body wins in that scenario. What they did was make a group of people loose so that another equal sized group could win. The xp lock would have been an easier implimentation I believe also. In any case I level exclusively through dungeon ques, why? I just enjoy dungeons, quests really off no challenge imho. When I run dungeons I actually feel engaged (I tank). So the xp nerf adds extra time to my lvling curv, so instead of finishing at the time it takes to get lvl 45, I am finishing at the time it takes to get lvl 60. I have to run each dungeon 5 times now instead of 3.