Dungeon Quest Experience Reduction

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 2 3 4 27 Next
I get the idea for the lower levels, deadmines etc. can get you a level per run BUT have you seen the levelling rates in blockrock depths? from 40-50 something someone has to run that dungeon over and over and over to level. The quests atleast make you want to finish the dungeon or do it more than once. Unless you queue specifically and wait for ages you will get BRD, then comes Dire Maul. I wish you would reconsider, atleast for the 40+ dungeons as it takes hours and hours of rerunning the same dungeon to level.

Sure new players may not like being thrust forward levels but a.) This does not happen at this level (its 20,000 xp out of 250,00 or something isnt it per quest?) b.) Those who are levelling alts, which I can only assume amount to 70%+ of low level toons must spend even longer re running the same dungeons

Please reconsider
thats good. i made a hunter last night and in one RFC gained 1.5 levels. when i left it the quests i was working on had turned green. granted i use BoA gear, but 20% less xp would still have been way too much. the new quests are pretty fun, dont want to miss em or have them feel less important because they turn grey.

Why would you miss em? is there a rule saying your UNABLE to complete the quests if u out level them?
I am happy to see this change. I made this troll with the plan to take my time going through the new/redone zones, hitting each dungeon only once. However even without heirlooms or much rest I always get at least 1 level in the lower dungeons and usually 2 plus some extra experience after that. I already skipped most of Barrens because my quests were literally gray after doing Ragefire, Wailing Caverns, and Shadowfang Keep. I got 4 levels today mostly from Blackfathom and Stockades, each ran only once, but I did do some Stranglethorn quests during queues.

And yeah I realize you can do gray quests, but if I wanted to do that I would just do it on one of my 80s. I was looking for the new more streamlined questing experience, and the dungeon xp just throws it off if you do any at all (less you pay to turn xp off I suppose).
Just in time for me to have lost 37 levels worth of zones.

I'm glad they did this.. I was quite disappointed by the fact that doing dungeons sequentially, and doing all quests, essentially bypassed the non-dungeon questing experience ENTIRELY.
I welcome this change. I got to level 40 in 13 hours on this guy... a little fast, don't you think?
Why? Just why? I was happy running dungeons. Oh well, just another way for you to force us to spend more time on this game, leading to us spending more cash on it. Oh, and let's not get into the greedy money grab that is the cash shop. Actually, I will get into that, how about you give 50% of all proceeds to a charity? Or even 100%. It's not like it takes an absurd amount of time and money to make one of those pets. First you have 12,000,000 subscribers paying monthly fees (15$ here in the USA), then you add cash shops where the cheapest pets are 10$ and the most expensive item is TRH which costs an astounding 25$ (5$ short of 2 months of game time).

You call yourself a good business, yet most of the "updated" world isn't really updated (such as Feralas), and then you make the coolest new pet in the item shop not a donation item so as you receive all of the proceeds. What's next? Paying to unlock vanity clothes? Then paying to unlock recipes? Gear? Dungeons?

If your sole goal is to get people to spend money on your game (which is fine as it keeps the business afloat) choose one way, not both. If you want people to storm a cash shop, do a F2P with a cash shop. If you want people to pay a subscription, make everything free with a subscription.

Also, because I know someone will say something about it unless I state otherwise. I don't oppose pet sales, I bought the Pandaren Monk after all, but only because it was also a donation.

TLDR: Between making it take longer to level (after making it shorter), and adding more pets (only 1 of whom is a donation), and the fact that much of the old world is still unchanged for the most part. I'm starting to think that Blizzard isn't really putting the money of it's subscribers and fans to the best use possible.
I actually found it quite nice to level quickly through dungeons since I am not a fan of questing. Ah well. It just means I have to run them more than once now.

this is so stupid :(

WTB -rep/-vote BUTTON

never ever have i done an instance quest and leveled up by it unless im rested at least 75%

Look at Scholomance. If you do the dungeon when it is recommended, you get an ENTIRE level just from the quests you pick up inside the door. I'm not talking about killing dungeon mobs.. I am talking about just the exp for the quests you get inside the dungeon. I think I got 2.25 levels from doing one dungeon which took about 30 minutes.

On a related note, my only non-80 was my paladin, who hit 60 today :) just in the nick of time.
This lowbie Shaman who gained 4~5 levels in 2 instance runs (Deadmines, Shadow Fang Keep) and rendered her quests in Loch Modan pretty much obsolete.... Thanks you.
this is so stupid :(

WTB -rep/-vote BUTTON

never ever have i done an instance quest and leveled up by it unless im rested at least 75%

Look at Scholomance. If you do the dungeon when it is recommended, you get an ENTIRE level just from the quests you pick up inside the door. I'm not talking about killing dungeon mobs.. I am talking about just the exp for the quests you get inside the dungeon. I think I got 2.25 levels from doing one dungeon which took about 30 minutes.

On a related note, my only non-80 was my paladin, who hit 60 today :) just in the nick of time.

Oh, so it's not "okay" when you're past it, but you're happy you got to do it before they nerfed it? You make a lot of sense.

This lowbie Shaman who gained 4~5 levels in 2 instance runs (Deadmines, Shadow Fang Keep) and rendered her quests in Loch Modan pretty much obsolete.... Thanks you.

No single person forced you to do those instances. You chose to run them, you chose to do the quests, and you chose to level yourself 4-5 levels that way. So why should the rest of us be punished because of people like you throwing a fit about it. If you don't want to level that way, then don't level that way, just go about your merry way questing. Don't ruin the game for the rest of us. So many people come here on the forums, unopposed by the majority of the WoW player base, to whine and moan until the games quality is destroyed for the rest of us just to make the small amount of people that come here happy.
good thing i have no plans of starting anything new
I don't understand why stuff like this is being addressed with a hotfix when the battleground queues are broken, and have been broken since the battlegroups were merged.

WOOT!
You don't know how many lvl 80s I've run into recently that leveled entirely in dungeons and have no idea how to use half of their classes abilities. This is a great change.
WOOT!
You don't know how many lvl 80s I've run into recently that leveled entirely in dungeons and have no idea how to use half of their classes abilities. This is a great change.

Don't know if troll, but if not, then what about the fact that they learn how to actually function in a group? Also, I'm fairly certain that the pressure from leveling through dungeons in groups all the time would force someone to learn their class more as they get higher up.
it's all an evil scheme to get ppl to buy RAF I tells ya
If anything I'd go even further and nerf gathering profession XP. On my new alts thus far, the only times I've finished a zone "on schedule" were when my gathering profession was lagging behind and I was unable to gather from the zone I was questing in.
Man that 2k exp nerf was rough. Wait, you still get 500 exp per kill? Oh dear.
Guessing dungeon mob xp will remain the same? If so, you can more then enough xp just from killing dungeon mobs to out level the zones your questing in anyway. Since you mention this effects only dungeon quests and not the mobs themselves.