Are you fast enough to Interrupt a Polymorph?

Arenas
1 2 3 7 Next
As you all know Polymorph, Fear, and Cyclone have a 1.7 Cast Time now.

They increased the Cast Time because it was not Humanly possible to Consistently Interrupt the Casts.

This was good in theory, but I have evidence that it wasn't a big enough Nerf.

They need to increase the Cast Time to 2 Seconds or even 2.5 Seconds for Polymorph, Fear, and Cyclone.

I have done the Calculations of Cataclysm Haste Levels with the 1.7 Second Cast Time CC.
When you incorporate Latency, Lag, and the Human Reaction time with Cataclysm Haste levels, it turns out it is very unlikely you will be able to Interrupt the CC.

Here is a game to proof this:
http://www.freeworldgroup.com/games6/gameindex/sheep-reaction-test.htm

As the title of the game says, this is the "Sheep Reaction Test".

Unless you are able to score a "Turbo Charged Cheetah" on this game, you will not be able to Consistently Interrupt Polymorphs.

I doubt any of you has the Reaction Time to do so, so unless I'm proved wrong, please change Polymorph, Fear, and Cyclone to a 2 or 2.5 Second Cast.

Edit:
My Mistake.....it turns out you only need to get "Rocketing Rabbit" on the Test in order to Interrupt a Hasted Sheep. Even so, only a handful of people in this thread were able to achieve that.
you cant directly compare kicking polymorphs to that flash game, the sheep come at seemingly random intervals, players can predict their opponents moves and be ready for it.

increasing it anymore would be overkill
rofl
you cant directly compare kicking polymorphs to that flash game, the sheep come at seemingly random intervals, players can predict their opponents moves and be ready for it.

increasing it anymore would be overkill

It is impossible to know when you're opponent is going to try to Sheep you. Therefore, a Mage trying to Sheep you is just as Random as the Flash Game.

You can no better predict when a Mage is going to Sheep than you can Predict when a Sheep is going to run across the screen of that Flash Game.
Human reaction time is around .2 to .4 seconds, CC is predictable. Either way, this should turn out to be an epic thread full of Zolaf's incredible insight.
red text: bah
It is impossible to know when you're opponent is going to try to Sheep you.

about that..
I love how Zolaf does so much research. He really sets the bar high for other trolls.
.....a wild Zolaf appears!

(show the math on how that ends up being impossible for lulz)
the real question is, are you fast enough to catch a fake cast?
Probably one of the least scientific measures of anything I've ever seen ever.

Sorry, but you're telling me I have to hit my interrupt within .233-.34 seconds of the cast to successfully interrupt it? Thats what I was clockin against those sheep. That leaves 1.3+ seconds on the cast?

That's a decent time you did. Sadly, that's only "Bobbing Bobcat".

You need to Score atleast "Turbo Charged Cheetah" in order to Interrupt a Polymorph with Cataclysm Haste Levels and Latency.

You won't have 1.3+ seconds left on the Cast after you apply Haste and Latency.
There's a reason cast times were decreased after they were initially increased.
Zolafs awesomeness never ceases to amaze. I think he needs a job with The Onion

EDIT: An interesting test is to have your mouse over the dart button (if you have dual monitors) Then look at wow and do your reaction based purely off the sound. Read the chat log and look at armor sets and try to figure out what they are while doing it.

Its an interesting insight how your reaction time may differ in arena and PvP as before simply mashing counterspell you have to process what it is you're interrupting and the repercussions of that.

( you interrupt a flash heal only to let a holy light through for example )
Probably one of the least scientific measures of anything I've ever seen ever.

Sorry, but you're telling me I have to hit my interrupt within .233-.34 seconds of the cast to successfully interrupt it? Thats what I was clockin against those sheep. That leaves 1.3+ seconds on the cast?

That's a decent time you did. Sadly, that's only "Bobbing Bobcat".

You need to Score atleast "Turbo Charged Cheetah" in order to Interrupt a Polymorph with Cataclysm Haste Levels and Latency.

You won't have 1.3+ seconds left on the Cast after you apply Haste and Latency.

Even as an Englishman playing on US servers, my latency is around 250. This makes latency and reaction time around .5 - .6 seconds leaving an additional 1.1 seconds on the cast pre-haste.
I only scored as the third rank, ie bobbing bobcat, yet my reaction time was an average of .2534 seconds.

I'm not really a pvper, but I hardly think that it would be a problem if I was sitting in melee range waiting for the sheep/fear/w/e
Players don't cast random spells at random times. It's easy to interrupt a 2s sheep. You're not supposed to be able to interrupt every spell every 10 seconds.