Frost DK DPS rotation NEEDED!!

Death Knight
once you have runic emprowerment its pretty much prority based dps. But generically....

Icy Touch
Plauge strike

Blood Strike
Blood strike

Obliterate
frost frost frost

= FAIL

x10
That EJ link was awesome thanks! Nice to read up on different rotations and specs with precision and clarity.
I'll give the OP the benefit of the doubt in that lots of people use the word "rotation" as a synonym for a priority system.

But no one should need a web site to figure out what that priority system is. Spend 2 minutes on a practice dummy and see which of your attacks hit hardest, and what resources they use. EJ math tables can be used to fine tune an already accomplished player, but you don't need them to know the basics of how to play (which is what it sounds like the OP needs help with).

They also tend to ONLY mention DPS. Come Cata you better know where your Mind Freeze key is.

-.-
I start with idfa and end with iddqd, problem solved.
Get glyph of howling blast so that it applies FF.

Diseases > Oblit > FS > Rime HB > BS

With rime procs, you're most likely only need to pay attention to the plague strike debuff as far as disease refresh goes. Note that I didn't list KM procs in the priority list. That's because KM Oblit > Oblit > KM FS > FS, so your button pressing really shouldn't change whether or not KM is up as far as priority.

In reality, it works out a little differently. After an Oblit, if KM isn't up, I'll FS - even when I can Oblit again - just on the off-chance that KM will proc during the next GCD. Regardless, I'm going to Oblit next anyway to keep the runes cooling down. The decision tree looks more like this (reset to top after each yes answer):

(Is FF up?) If N, HB, go to top. If Y, next.
(Is BP up?) If N, PS, go to top. If Y, next.
(Can I use my BT/Trinket/PoF macro?) If Y, use macro, go to top. If N, next.
(Can I Oblit?) If Y, Oblit, next. If N, skip to *.
(Is KM up and Can I Oblit?) If Y, Oblit, go to top. If N, FS, go to top.
*(Can I FS?) If Y, FS, go to top. If N, next.
(Is Rime up?) If Y, HB, go to top. If N, next.
(Can I BS?) If Y, BS, go to top. If N, next.
(Can I HoW?) If Y, HoW, go to top. If N, next.
(Can I think of anything else to do?) if Y, do it. If N, go to top.

The only chance for variation in the priority is that you can maximize KM Oblits by doing a quick "is KM up" check after each oblit in cases where you can oblit again. In those cases, if KM is not up, then throw a FS between the oblits and hope KM procs during the GCD.

Did I mention to use unholy presence? Use unholy presence. You will never be GCD starved frost.

I should also mention that this information is all in the EJ thread mentioned above, albeit not explained quite so verbosely.

Good luck, DKs!

PS: I should also mention that AoE dps is a completely different priority and should be done in frost pres. Diseases > DnD > HB > BB.

This is wrong, you should always prioritize HB over regular oblit.

Get glyph of howling blast so that it applies FF.

Diseases > Oblit > FS > Rime HB > BS

With rime procs, you're most likely only need to pay attention to the plague strike debuff as far as disease refresh goes. Note that I didn't list KM procs in the priority list. That's because KM Oblit > Oblit > KM FS > FS, so your button pressing really shouldn't change whether or not KM is up as far as priority.

In reality, it works out a little differently. After an Oblit, if KM isn't up, I'll FS - even when I can Oblit again - just on the off-chance that KM will proc during the next GCD. Regardless, I'm going to Oblit next anyway to keep the runes cooling down. The decision tree looks more like this (reset to top after each yes answer):

(Is FF up?) If N, HB, go to top. If Y, next.
(Is BP up?) If N, PS, go to top. If Y, next.
(Can I use my BT/Trinket/PoF macro?) If Y, use macro, go to top. If N, next.
(Can I Oblit?) If Y, Oblit, next. If N, skip to *.
(Is KM up and Can I Oblit?) If Y, Oblit, go to top. If N, FS, go to top.
*(Can I FS?) If Y, FS, go to top. If N, next.
(Is Rime up?) If Y, HB, go to top. If N, next.
(Can I BS?) If Y, BS, go to top. If N, next.
(Can I HoW?) If Y, HoW, go to top. If N, next.
(Can I think of anything else to do?) if Y, do it. If N, go to top.

The only chance for variation in the priority is that you can maximize KM Oblits by doing a quick "is KM up" check after each oblit in cases where you can oblit again. In those cases, if KM is not up, then throw a FS between the oblits and hope KM procs during the GCD.

Did I mention to use unholy presence? Use unholy presence. You will never be GCD starved frost.

I should also mention that this information is all in the EJ thread mentioned above, albeit not explained quite so verbosely.

Good luck, DKs!

PS: I should also mention that AoE dps is a completely different priority and should be done in frost pres. Diseases > DnD > HB > BB.

This is wrong, you should always prioritize HB over regular oblit.

I think you mean Rime HB? If you did HB over reg oblit at all times you'd never oblit because your frost runes would always be used for HB.

And, personally, I only find that to be a dps increase if my diseases are falling off or if I'm aoe-ing (in which case I use a different rotation anyway). Oblit still hits hardest for me by quite a bit.
Yes, obviously I'm talking about Rime proc'd HB. Not prioritizing that over regular oblit is a dps loss, there is a 45% chance that you will waste that rime proc if you oblit before using it.
Remember that in Cata, your threat managment will be very important. During your priority checklist you may have to back off to reduce threat. Be flexible, the new priority system allows for some fudge space. Who cares if your dps is off a bit, as long as you pay attention to threat and stay raid aware, you'll do fine.
Oh and try to have fun, this isn't a job! If you get ragged on by some elitist know it alls, they were in the same spot you are now. Just takes time and lots of practice.
I hereby commander Kirk this thread to full captain sauce of the battlestar numeric. Bush has thorns.
I know we're Death Knights, but this is one hell of a necro.
So say we all.
There's actually a sticky for the rotations and builds in this subforum. You should go check it out.
But if rime procs shortly after or shortly before killing machine procs, you want to oblit before you use the rime proc because you can possibly get killing machine to proc again. :3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8zlUUrFK-M

only thing that comes to mind when seeing a thread this old come back
MOAR HEARTSTRIKES

I would report you for necro'ing, but we have not had much entertainment in these forums so 10/10.