Why bring a ret in rated bgs?

Paladin
Edit: repost catastrophe.
lol I was gonna say, maybe you should post it one more time.

Really it depends on your team, if your minmaxing bgs then sure the discussion of ranged vs melee may be considered, but if your doing them with a grp of friends, its a completely different story. Also the dev seems to be shifting focus on making sure classes are balanced around rated battlegrounds. If certain class pull to far a head in a certain battle ground, im sure there will be changes.
Because Ret have lots of defensive/support spells to help out a team? Like giving a mage hop and let him ran into a group of warriors is that gamebreaking? Hopefully he didn't get shatterred.
OOPS, blame it on Deathwing
pandies
waffles
oops
Because Ret have lots of defensive/support spells to help out a team? Like giving a mage hop and let him ran into a group of warriors is that gamebreaking? Hopefully he didn't get shatterred.

It can't be, bubble is only 8 secs now :p

and wtf is going on with the forums, its making everyone post like 5 times lol. Don't repost after the oops screen, your post are actually going through.

and wtf is going on with the forums, its making everyone post like 5 times lol. Don't repost after the oops screen, your post are actually going through.

could you imagine what i can do in 8 seconds? ^-~

About half the damage you could normally?

About half the damage you could normally?

I wouldn't mind wasting 1 second to win a BG.

getting mass dispelled twice or may be three times.

There is no Argo in PVP, no threat, your gona need a whole lot more to protect the healers and clothies these days, BRING A RET!! the moment ppl see him, they go "LOL RET!" burst out laughing, thats what? about 2-3 second player stun. unable to resist, dispell nor immune to.

after that, when ppl get over the stun and are still not dead yet they'd be focusing on the ret since they will all think it will be an easy job, now just have all your local healers back him up. after all he does ware plate, carry resistance aura and have bubble.

you can turn a pvp dog fight situation in to a tank and spank tactic.

There is no Argo in PVP, no threat, your gona need a whole lot more to protect the healers and clothies these days, BRING A RET!! the moment ppl see him, they go "LOL RET!" burst out laughing, thats what? about 2-3 second player stun. unable to resist, dispell nor immune to.

after that, when ppl get over the stun and are still not dead yet they'd be focusing on the ret since they will all think it will be an easy job, now just have all your local healers back him up. after all he does ware plate, carry resistance aura and have bubble.

Sounds like you could use some pvp experience.

Sounds like you could use some pvp experience.

was intented for a laugh, nothing more.

after reading this post i said to myself "i bet this guy has never even been 1550 in arena" and i was right!

That's my new account.
All this talk about support roles for rets makes me a bit sad. It honestly reminds me of BC raiding times when we were brought for our buffs aka support. There is a reason ret was redesigned after BC. Support is not a very fun aspect for many people that play world of warcraft. From playing the beta what I saw was really bad WoG heals. It may be good to save someone from the brink of death for a few seconds but it is not a viable way to heal.

15k WoG heal when you have 35k HP is amazing
15k WoG heal when you have 125k HP ... not so much
All this talk about support roles for rets makes me a bit sad. It honestly reminds me of BC raiding times when we were brought for our buffs aka support. There is a reason ret was redesigned after BC. Support is not a very fun aspect for many people that play world of warcraft. From playing the beta what I saw was really bad WoG heals. It may be good to save someone from the brink of death for a few seconds but it is not a viable way to heal.

15k WoG heal when you have 35k HP is amazing
15k WoG heal when you have 125k HP ... not so much

Why people never actually thought about gears at 85.
You don't bring a ret to a BG for his heals.

So if you look at primary function, there is really no reason to bring a ret instead of a different DPS class/spec.

To repeat for the slow types and/or gnomes, you don't bring a ret to a BG for his heals.

I don't see ret bringing anything to the table that another paladin can't also bring, in fact prot brings more to the table in my opinion, especially in BGS. Divine Guardian is a great example, and Avenger's shield is great

HoF
HoP
HoS
WoG

all universal amongst paladin specs

ret has wings+HoW, but for higher rated RBG, wings will get dispelled pretty fast

repentance isn't unique or game breaking enough to be much of a factor, their mobilty may be better than prot, but I would argue that prot has more controlled burst, Divine plea auto 3 HP and sacred duty procs almost gurantee big burst, wheras ret is really RNG