Upcoming Siege of Orgrimmar Changes

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 12 13 14 16 Next
I guess the nerf to galakras makes since, we go from wing 1 to galakras and say okay we actually have to try here guys, everyone puts out max effort and then we yawn all the way to nazgrim. I suppose this just put galakras on par with the upscaling difficulty.
10H Garrosh clarification:

Watcher ‏@WatcherDev Jan 20
No current plans to nerf H-Garrosh. If we do change anything, maybe a small 10H health reduction. We're fine with it being hard
This is off the main topic sorta. But I have a question for you gm poster. I am wondering when the wolf mount will be removed for beating Garrosh? Since this is the last tier am I to assume players have up to the launch of warlords?
I honestly don't understand what the fuss is about. It is a nerf, but not to the real stuff that tends to wipe people on progression.
The change to galakras is kind of meh w/e
The change to the fire damage for the belt on siegecrafter is really nice, i don't think they meant for people who take 1 tick of superheated to die on the belt without some kind of intervention.

The change to all of the fights don't really change the mechanics, learning curve, or what people die to. It just eliminates a few of the stupid "wtf just happened" wipes to random aoe damage.
01/22/2014 07:24 PMPosted by Kakurine
I am wondering when the wolf mount will be removed for beating Garrosh? Since this is the last tier am I to assume players have up to the launch of warlords?

Correct.
I got an idea :P

What if u can switch on and off the nerf by talking to a NPC. Wouldn't it be possible? :P :D
01/17/2014 01:42 PMPosted by Mojachii
Why so soon... there is so much time left in this xpac still :/

Is there?
i hope this isn't a repeat of what happened with dragon soul... we all know how that ended rofl
As much as I hate asking for a nerf, I think that the health empowered whirling adds on 10 man need to be nerfed to make up for the fact that not only do 25 mans get a free pass but on 10 man having at least one warlock is borderline mandatory.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/7fz62ielomaxj11g/analyze/dd/source/?target=47
01/17/2014 01:58 PMPosted by Shammy
quote="113045531284"]Do you recognize that reducing the damage from both Magnetic Crush and Overload on H. Siegecrafter Blackfuse will probably just result in guilds using even fewer healers on the encounter in 25-man heroic mode than they already are? Guilds are already 4 healing this boss by default because the damage output is so abysmally low./quote]Pretty sure that the reduction in damage was on 10 man heroic only and not 25 man. so this should not affect how 25 man raiders do this encounter.Actually reading the post before engaging the reply key is always smart :)

it just says "heroic" doesnt differentiate between the 10 and 25, so lead to believe not only10 man heroic.. but both i think
01/24/2014 08:16 AMPosted by Xiic
but on 10 man having at least one warlock is borderline mandatory.

Destro Warlocks are pretty stupid for the fight, but I'm not sure you need one for minions.
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rb6r156v8qnh2xyc/analyze/dd/source/?target=56
01/24/2014 10:54 AMPosted by Evry
01/24/2014 08:16 AMPosted by Xiic
but on 10 man having at least one warlock is borderline mandatory.

Destro Warlocks are pretty stupid for the fight, but I'm not sure you need one for minions.
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rb6r156v8qnh2xyc/analyze/dd/source/?target=56

Well I did say borderline. Obviously it's doable, it's just harder than it has to be.
Please don't nerf anything. Not even Galakras.

And I HATE Galakras.
01/24/2014 04:47 PMPosted by Asoric
Please don't nerf anything. Not even Galakras.

And I HATE Galakras.

This doesn't even effect you? >_> (at least any significant nerfs)
These nerf's were stupid heavy. Siegecrafter is now a cake walk. Guilds are killing it in 20-30 attempts instead of 150-200 now. Way to make it a joke. At least make a Cutting Edge Achieve for him, my god.
Please fix the teleporting bug on galakras. Teleporting the tower tank to the ground will wipe a group everytime and it's very annoying. This week not just the tank but many dps were getting teleported over and over to the middle of the area. This has been a problem since week 1 and needs to be addressed.

Edit: Instead of worrying about nerfing a raid how about fixing the bugs in it first?
"reduces dmg of multishot in klaxxi" why pick on hunters :<
I feel the same way it's one of the easiest encounters in the imo, took my guild about 3-4 times the first time we saw it
The Thok hotfix actually didn't happen between attempts but DURING the fight and they were all just 1 shot because of the hotfix.
Re-using this thread for an additional update.

In the upcoming patch 5.4.7, we will be making a few small adjustments to the 10-player Heroic Garrosh encounter. There a few factors that contribute to a disparity between the difficulty of the encounter in 10-player mode versus 25-player mode, and these changes are intended to help correct for those differences.

We are slightly reducing Garrosh's health in all phases (by roughly 5%).

The fight as a whole is a series of hard DPS checks, where failing to meet certain benchmarks makes things tremendously harder if not impossible, but extra DPS above and beyond that threshold doesn't necessarily help all that much. We're seeing some kills (a minority, but some groups nonetheless) feeling the need to single-heal the fight even at this point, and that has a number of negative gameplay and social issues. We can't really prevent single-healing (other than by increasing the outgoing damage, which isn't an option at this point), but this change should at least make it so that no one feels they need to single-heal in order to meet the various checks, without lessening the coordination requirements of the rest of the fight.

We are reducing the health of Minions of Y'Shaarj (by roughly 10%).

Most 25-player groups are able to kite and otherwise control the Minions thanks to the additional available manpower, while 10-player groups generally have to kill them. This change should improve parity between modes by reducing the difficulty of this particular mechanic for 10-player groups.

We are increasing the clump size required to trigger an Iron Star in the final Heroic-only phase of the fight from 3 to 4.

Iron Star detection previously required 3 players on 10, and 8 on 25 (a standard ratio), but this causes a discrepancy when it comes to the overlap between Bombardment and Malice. Malice requires 2 soakers on 10H and 5 on 25H (again, a standard ratio), but this means that the total clump sizes required to handle Malice are actually 3 and 6 respectively, such that a 25-player group could cover soaking Malice #4 (which fully overlaps with Bombardment) without triggering Iron Stars, whereas a 10-player group generally could not. This change should, like the rest, increase parity when it comes to this mechanic.

"Why did you wait this long to make these changes?"

We're very conservative when it comes to reducing the difficulty of a Heroic final boss, since the entire point of such encounters is to represent the pinnacle of raiding challenge. For most of the initial months of the patch, the sample size of players killing Garrosh on each difficulty was too small to draw meaningful conclusions about the relative difficulty on 10 vs. 25, but now we've reached a point where it's clear that there's a problem, so we're taking the above actions.

"Thanks Blizz, way to nerf the only hard fight left in the game..."

Sorry, we do wish we'd gotten the tuning right in the first place. 10-Heroic Garrosh will still be plenty hard -- this is just bringing the encounter in line with its 25-player counterpart.