This game is so bad

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Contra
I swear everything in the game one shots you and you only have 3 lives per level...WTF KONAMI
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Contra 4

My fingers.
If you think Contra was hard, you should have tried Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! I think I'm just now recovering from the concussions he gave me.
For what it's worth, I finished both games without cheat codes/extra lives. :-)
Alot of games back then were that difficult I remember playing the earlier castlevania games at a friend's house *shudder* Now those gaes were difficult but not as difficult as super ghouls and ghosts.
01/20/2014 04:09 PMPosted by Caelharrad
If you think Contra was hard, you should have tried Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! I think I'm just now recovering from the concussions he gave me.

There's a video where a guy gets to Mike Tyson blindfolded. Happened a couple weeks ago during AGDQ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JhjmrIvDi3A#t=531
01/20/2014 04:15 PMPosted by Gaahr

There's a video where a guy gets to Mike Tyson blindfolded. Happened a couple weeks ago during AGDQ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JhjmrIvDi3A#t=531

Someone beat Super Punch Out blindfolded right after that too. It was pretty awesome.
01/20/2014 04:02 PMPosted by Snowfox
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA

The cheat code of legends.

(Good thing it's not a "pay an additional $3.99 to get 30 extra lives" like most modern arcade-type games.)
01/20/2014 04:16 PMPosted by Doge
Someone beat Super Punch Out blindfolded right after that too. It was pretty awesome.

I'd go so far as to say that those two runs were the best ones, although there were plenty that were very entertaining.
01/20/2014 04:02 PMPosted by Snowfox
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA

<---beat Contra without using the cheat,

Nerf Spread gun. It is OP especially with rapid fire combo.
Contra is the most manly game in the universe.
01/20/2014 04:33 PMPosted by Steth
Contra is the most manly game in the universe.

No sir, that would be God Hand.
Anyone here beat Silver Surfer on the NES without cheating?
Welcome to old school arcade games OP. Where everything was designed to kill you.